Did You Hear That?

"Hey... Libellule did you hear that?" Koe asked cautiously, he wasn't sure he had even heard it.

"Hear what?" Libellule asked coolly. Libellule was in a bad mood... again.

"Nothing." Koe answered his question a second to late.

Both Noir and Libellules eyebrows rose a little, giving him that 'are you sure it's nothing?'kind of look.

"What! Don't look at me like that!" He was so embarrassed he snapped at them.

"Woah there! Don't yell at us. We just want to make sure you're ok." Noir replied sweetly. He had a fake smile glued to his face. Koe hated it when Noir smiled at him like that.

"I'm fine. Just drop it. I thought I heard something, but didn't so just drop it already." Koe mumbled. Why were they so persistent?

"What did you hear?" Noir asked seriously. Does Noir really want to know what Koe heard?

Koe looked over at Libellule he acted like he wasn't listening but Koe knew he was.

"I don't want to tell you." Koe knew he was being rude, even after Noir had asked sooo nicely. (If you didn't get that it was sarcasm.)

"Awe why not?" Noir asked with a frown on his face.

Koe just ignored this. Noir knew exactly why he didn't want to tell them.

"Commoooooon don't be such a sour puss!" Noir tried to hold back his smile but his attempts failed.

"Just be quiet." Koe was in a bad mood now.

Together Koe and Libellule had a terrible day.

It had been 6 hours since they had left the inn and the sun was beginning to set.

They decided to make camp near a stream.

Koe hadn't had a shower for at least 3 days. He decided to go further down stream and bathe in the water.

He took off his shirt and pants and sat them on a rock nearby. He stepped slowly into the water, immediately he shivered. The water was freezing!

He stepped farther into the water, he slipped on a rock and fell right on his bum.

"Ouch!" Koe cried out in pain. A sharp rock dug into his thigh.

He stood up and winced, a bruise was already beginning to spread. He decided to get out of the water.

He was about halfway in the stream, it was up to his knees. As he began to walk out of the stream he felt prying eyes on his back. He quickly pulled on his pants and turned around.

Farther down the stream a young boy with blue hair and skin was staring at him. The only part of the boy that was visible was his shoulders and head.

"Hi." The little boy said timidly.

"Hello." Koe replied, embarrassed that this boy had seen him naked.

"What are you?" The boy asked with curiosity staining his words.

"What do you mean?"