Chapter 70

Drew's P.O.V

I straightened my black dress as I had finished putting my heels on. I took a deep breath, grabbed my clutch and walked outside the house.

"Could you go call Lianna please ? We're going to be late." Diane, Lianna's mother, said.

I nodded my head, pursed my lips and walked back in the house. I called out her name but didn't get any response, she must have been upstairs.
As I went to look, I did not find her. I went back downstairs and searched the whole house but still didn't find her, until suddenly I noticed a figure, sat down on the grass and playing with the hems of her skirt.
I went to join Lianna and sat down beside her.

"Hey." I spoke.

"Hey." She spoke back.

"We should probably go Lilo."

"I'm tired." She stared off into the pool. "I'm tired of crying, tired of feeling sad, tired of missing him... I just wish I didn't have to go."

I didn't say anything, I didn't have to. There was a longing silence between us, I enjoyed the sound the water made in the pool, it almost made me want to jump right in there. Lianna was staring off into the clouds, getting emotionally ready for what was to come. She finally stood up, helped me up and then we both walked to the car.

"Come on girls, it's our last step to closure." Diane kissed me on the forehead and then did the same to Lianna.

This week has been tough, there was a lot of crying and a lot of fighting too. Each and every single one of us were emotionally tired, and we were all so close to giving up.
Diane took the lead in planning the funeral, Jason and Lianna decided that they were going to put away all of Richard's stuff in boxes while I decided to call each and every single person he knew to announce them the horrible news.
This is what Diane likes to call : the last step. She believed that after the funeral, after seeing and talking to everybody and putting the boxes away that we would all start to feel better, to finally have some closure on the whole situation. I feel as though as she is right, I hope so at least.
I haven't talked to Louis in a while, we've texted here and there but it's been a couple days since I haven't heard his voice. The only times I actually picked up my phone was to call people and tell them that somebody had died.

---------------

We were the last ones to arrive at the funeral. Everybody was already here, from brothers, cousins, aunts to friends to Richard's coworkers. There were so many unfamiliar faces, I started to feel uneasy. Of course we were the center of attention, as soon as we stepped out of the car everybody rushed to give their condolences and a few words of support.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"He's in a better place now."

"He will always be remembered."

"He was a great man."

And the list goes on... I walked away from everybody, wanting to isolate myself. I finally felt like I could breath and take a look at my surroundings. The first thing I noticed the mass of tombs around me, it was an unpleasant feeling and I couldn't believe Richard was going to be part of them. We could see the black coffin, above the ground, ready to be buried under the ground.
A small tear escaped my eye, I quickly wiped it away.

"You have no right being here !" Diane screamed.

I turned around to look at the scene, there was a group of people standing in front of Diane. She looked furious, worse, she looked like she could rip a tree out of its roots.