Chapter Nine

No words came from my mouth. I just can't believe Ethan told me those words.

You're the most beautiful girl

and the shocking part was,

I've ever met.

After he said that I felt heat on my cheeks. I feel complemented and beautiful when he's the one who says that. But on the other hand, I feel a little sad. Because I think he's just being nice as a friend. It's a weird situation. I even think Ethan was surprised by those words that he said because he became silent too. It was just a comfortable yet a little awkward situation on the ride home.
We arrived home at 7:15 pm. Ethan was cooking our dinner while I was watching t.v in the living room. Actually, I was not really watching. My mind was focus on something else.

Ethan.

Does he feel something more? Or he was just being a great friend? Maybe he likes me? What does he thinks of me? Am I really beautiful? Or he was just joking? Is he really telling the truth? Maybe he was playing with my feelings? Is Ethan falling in love-
"Dinner's ready." Ethan interrupted me from my thoughts. I stood up and went to the kitchen. I saw him already eating his pasta. I sat down across him and started to eat. I notice he's making eye contact with me. That was weird. We ate silently then minutes later he started to spoke. "Does the pasta taste good?" He asked. He still never made eye contact.
"Yeah, it's delicious." I said looking at him. I'm waiting for him to look at me, But he continue to eat. I feel a little disappointed.
"Look, I'm sorry." He said. Why is he saying sorry? I look at him and notice he was looking deeply in my eyes.
"You're saying sorry because you told me I'm the most beautiful girl you've ever met." I said. I didn't need to ask it.
"No." He paused. "I'm saying sorry because I became silent. I'm observing your reaction." He said while never leaving my gaze.
"So base on your observation, what did I react?" I asked.
"You think I'm just joking. You feel disappointed." He said. How can he be so right?
"I-I don't feel anything like that." I lied. I stop looking at him and look at my empty plate.
"Don't lie to me. Nobody ever told you you're beautiful in every way?" He asked. I didn't say a word so he thinks it's a 'yes'. "You are beautiful, Brianna Jane Summers. Every guy will be lucky to have you." He said as he held my hand across the table. I feel butterflies in my stomach and electricity around my body. I looked at him and saw his eyes. The way he looked at me was undefined. "I never regret telling those words to you." He said smiling as he squeezed my hand. His words made my heart beat faster.
"Thank you, Ethan." I said half smiling.
"No worries." He said smiling. "I'll wash the dishes. You go upstairs and rest." He said as he stood up.
"Are you sure?" I asked.
"Yes, take a rest. I don't want a beautiful girl like you to be tired." He said as he wink. Oh C'mon! Will he stop winking?
"Okay." I said as I stood up and went upstairs. I closed the door and went through the bathroom. I look at the mirror smiling. I remove my clothes and took a shower.
As I wear my sleeping clothes, I lay down at my bed. What a day. I covered myself and my eyes are closing. 'Till I heard someone open the door and came in. I never opened my eyes, because I know it's just Ethan. I feel him sitting on the bed. What is he doing here? Then I felt his hands are touching my hair. I can smell him and I can feel his minty breath are close to my face. I can say that he's done taking a shower. Then he started to whisper.
"Goodnight cupcake. You're always going to be the most beautiful person for me." He said as I feel something soft touch my cheek. Did he just kiss me? Kiss my cheek? I heard the door closed as I sat down on my bed and touch my right cheek. His words make my heart melt. I feel heat on my cheeks. He really did kiss my cheek I can tell. It's the first time he kissed me. His touch feels so right.

Everything he did feels right and I'm not going to deny it.

• • •

Ethan headed to his shop today. So, it was only me this afternoon in the living room and skyping my best friend once again.
"So you really admit that you like him?" Stephanie asked.
"Yeah, I can't deny it anymore. It's getting stronger every day." I said smiling.
"And I know that he likes you too!" She exclaimed. I told her everything this past few days and specially last night.
"I'm not sure if he feels the same way."
"He feels it Bree! Look, he said that you're the most beautiful girl and kiss your cheek! Friends don't do that!"
"Wait, you kiss my cheek before I leave."
"It's a friendly kiss! You said that the way he looks at you was undefined! Bree, he really likes you!"
"No." I said a little coldly.
"There you go again." She said as she sighed.
"What?" I asked.
"Denying what's right. Bree, I know you know the answer. He likes you."
"It's been so long since I felt this. So I don't know what to do anymore. I wish you are here."
"You don't need me there. He will be the one who will guide you what to do." She said as she smiled. I smiled back. Then I saw someone walk behind her.
"Steph, are you with someone?"
"Yes, Brian was here." Then Brian appears in the camera and sat down beside Steph.
"Bree!!"He yelled.
"Bri!!" I also yelled.
"I miss you!" He yelled once again.
"I miss you!" I yelled again then chuckle. My friendship with him was one of the craziest and fun friendships I've ever had.
"Guys! You don't need to shout!" Stephanie complained as me and Bri just laughed at her.
"We just miss each other. You can't blame us." I said thenBri kiss Steph's cheek. "Sweet couples." I told them as I rolled my eyes.
"Awwww, don't worry Bree. You'll have a boyfriend." Brian said.
"And who will it be?"
"Your housemate there. The name's Evan right?" He asked.
"Ethan." I corrected him.
"That Ethan boy will be your boyfriend Bree! You will be happy once again!" He said as he wink then took a sip of his coke. Wait, that's my coke!
"Why are you drinking my coke? Without any permission?"Nobody touches my food and drinks. I don't share.
"C'mon Bree! You can always buy your own there!"
"That was still my coke!" I complained. I have a huge obsession with cokes. I'm lucky I didn't get diabetes.
"Steph wasn't a fan of cokes and I notice your cokes are lonely so I drink one."
"Cokes get lonely?" I exclaimed.
"Yes, you can always buy Paris' Cokes." He smirk.
"Paris' Cokes? What the actual fuck bri?" I said as I laughed.
  "Just keep on believing." He said as he took a sip of his –my-coke. I can't do anything so I have to agree with him drinking my coke.
  "That was so random-"
  "Hey cupcake." I heard someone behind me. Ethan was already here. Oh shit. I looked behind me and smiled at him.
  "H-hey Ethan." I said to him. I feel nervous.
  "Who are you talking to?" He asked. I looked at my laptop and saw Steph and Bri are grinning like mad persons.
"Stephanie and Brian, my friends back home. Actually, they are a couple." I said. Ethan sat down beside me.
  "Hi! I'm Stephanie! Bree's ultra mega best friend! Nice to meet you!" Steph announced herself cheerfully.
  "I'm Brian. It's a pleasure to meet you." Bri said. He's being polite huh.
  "Hey guys, I'm Ethan. I live here with your friend." Ethan smiled.
  "It's Bree a little hard to be with?" Steph asked.
  "No." He paused and looked at me.      
  "She's really fun to be with." He smiled at me and looked back at the laptop.
  "That's good to hear. Did you save all the foods on your refrigerator?" Brian smirk at me.
  "Bri!" I feel embarassed.
  "Why do I need to save my food?" Ethan asked curiously.
  "Because that girl was majorly in love with food! She sometimes propose to her foods!" Steph said as her and Bri laughed. When it comes to playing with me, these two always made a great team.
  Ethan laughed. "I don't need to save my food. She can have whatever she wants." He said as he pinched my cheek.
  "Ethan, I have a question." I asked.
  "What is it?"
  "Is there any Paris' Cokes in here?" I said as I look at Bri and smirk.
  "Paris' Cokes? I don't think that even exist." He said as he chuckles.
  "Brian says it exists." I grin at Brian.
  "I'm just joking, Bree. You always take things seriously." Brian said as he rolled his eyes.
  "Bree have a huge obsession with cokes, Ethan. She even had an argument earlier with Bri." Steph said.
  "I'll buy many cokes as I can." Ethan said as he winked at me. Oh God.
  "Do you guys know the movie 'Warm Bodies'?" Bri asked.
  "Yeah." Me and Ethan said in unison.
  "You two are like that. But Bree was the zombie not Ethan." Brian said as he laughs. An irritating laugh.
  "Why zombie?" Ethan asked.
  "Because her pale white skin looks like she's dead. So, Zombie." Stephanie explained then laugh with her crazy boyfriend.
  "Guys!" I yelled as I rolled my eyes.
  "You're so cute." Ethan said staring at me.
  We all talked for like two hours. It's great that Ethan get along fast with my friends. I closed my laptop and put it in my room. Then I feel my phone vibrate. I opened my phone and see there was a message from facebook.

  'Bree! He likes you! The way he looked at you was something special! We already like him for you! And Bri said that you two should hook up. Good luck with Ethan. We miss you! Xx''

  Stephanie was the one who message me. A smile formed in my lips then Ethan spoke.
  "Why are you smiling?"
  "Steph and Bri says that they miss me and they left a sweet message." I said as I smiled at him.
  "Can I read?"
  "No." There's no way he's going to read it. The sweet message was about him.
  "If you say so." He paused. Good. "I like your smile." He said smiling warmly at me.
  "Thanks." I said as I smiled back.

  My 'feelings' for Ethan was getting stronger every second of every day and I think I don't have the strength to stop it anymore.

---------------------

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :) Guys, can you follow me? I follow back! :D Comment, Vote & Shareeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Micah xx