Chapter Forty-four

FORTY-FOUR.

“Bree…”

“Bree….” I heard a feminine voice.

“Bree, wake up.” I heard another voice. It was a male.

“Breeeeeeeee.” The girl whined as she shook me a bit. “I think she’s not going to wake up.”

“Oh, yes she will.” I heard the guy said. Then all of a sudden-

My body bumped on a hard surface including my head.

That hurt. I slowly opened my eyes and saw two familiar faces sitting at the edge of my bed laughing their ass off. Who else, it’s Steph & Bri.

I began to sit at the floor. “What the heck guys?! Is that the way to wake people up? To throw them from their beds?!”

“Don’t put the blame on me, Bree! Bri’s the one who pushed you!” Steph explained as she laughed.

“Do you have mind issues man?!” I said annoyed. I am not a morning person and I don’t want people waking me up. They’ll get hurt, I swear to God. Steph knows that. Because of my so-called-brother my back and head hurts.

“Since birth.” He said jokingly as I rolled my eyes. “And duh, do you remember? I told you when someone wake you up violently, it was just me! So you won’t get confused, sis.”

“I can’t believe you’re serious about that!” I paused as I glare at him and I looked at my alarm clock at the nightstand, it’s just 6:00 am. What the fuck? “And why did you guys wake me up this early?! It was still an hour before class!!”

“We needed to be early today, girly.” Steph said excitedly.

“And why?” I asked. Steph and Bri looked at each other like they’re having a conversation just by staring. They look like they were surprised about me asking as they both stared at me like I’m sort of a psychopath. “What’s with the look?”

“N-nothing! C’mon Bree take a bath now. You must try to be not late this time because you’re ranking number one in the tardiest students.” Steph said as she stood up, went towards me and grabbed my hands. She assisted me carefully to stand up understanding that my back hurts because of his crazy boyfriend.

I raised my right eyebrow. “Seriously, guys? What’s up?”

“We said nothing. It was just about you and your late problems. You must take a bath now because you’re being a scarier zombie each day passes.” Bri said as he laughed in a teasing tone.

I playfully punched his shoulder. “Get out of here you bastard!!” I said as I pushed him all the way outside the door. Then I looked at Steph. “You, also young lady.”

“Okay, okay. Just don’t be long.” She says as I nod and she went outside of the room. I closed the door, went to the bathroom, removed my clothes then took a bath.