Chapter Fifty-Five

FIFTY-FIVE.

The world that I was in seems to fade as it has been replaced in the19th century of England. Elizabeth Bennet is the second of five daughters of a country gentleman living near the fictional town of Meryton in Hertfordshire, near London.

She met a guy named Mr. Darcy. She deals with issues of manners, upbringing, morality, education and marriage. Elizabeth also deals with Darcy, a prideful man. But even though they fought a lot, they fell in love constantly. It was not like those other stories, it has one problem and they solve it and they live happily fucking ever after. This story was so like in the real world and that is the reason why I’m so in love with this book.

“Bree?” I heard a male voice called my name. I looked up and saw Jayson standing in front of me.

“What are you doing here?” I whispered.

He sat down across from me. “Nothing.”

“Okay?” I was about to go back to my reading and leave him be but he spoke again.

“What are you reading?” He asked. I lift the book up to make him see it. “Pride and prejudice, huh?” I nodded in response. “Why aren’t you talking much?”

“I’m not in the mood.” I paused. “Why are you here, for real?”

“I want to keep you company.”

“Why?”

“I know you had a lot on your plate now, I just want you to know that I’m here for you.”

“I can’t trust you, you are Matt’s best friend.” Who knows Matt and Chen commanded him to befriend me then ripped me of through shreds again.

“Bree, the only reason that Chen did that thing to you yesterday was because she and Matt broke up.”

My eyes widen. “Why did they broke up? And how can they even broke when they are too compatible for each other?”

“Let’s say Matt was bored enough from her.” He answered.

“So, that means Chen just put all her angriness towards me because she was pissed off by her and my ex-boyfriend’s break-up?” I asked as he nodded. Screw Chen. If I ever got the chance I swear to God I will fucking….

“You know planning her death was not going to change anything.” He interrupted my murderous thoughts. He was no mind reader but I’m sure that my facial expression was obvious. “I wouldn’t tell you this if I don’t mean being here for you.”

“Again, you are Matt’s-“

“Does he even treat me like one?” He stopped me mid sentence.

“Huh? How can you even say that? I mean you two are always together.” I’m confused.

“I’m sick of being his damn sidekick who did everything that he commands. He doesn’t even treat me as a friend I’m just so stupid to even noticed it before. After doing what he wants, he will shoo me away.” He paused. “I shouldn’t be here if we were together you know. I’ve been ignoring him for a week now. You just don’t notice it because you were so…”

“So what?” I asked.

“So downed, you suddenly forgot other things around you besides the people who is close to you.” He finished.

He was actually right. I haven’t been paying attention to others except my friends. I even sometimes ignore my studies. I can’t believe Matt. How can he seriously use people? Mostly to persons like Matt, I know he was a good person. He was only sometimes influenced by my fucking ex-boyfriend.