Chapter Forty-Seven

‘And we danced all night,

To the best song ever

We knew every line

Now I can’t remember

How it goes but I know that I won’t forget her,

‘Cause we danced all night to the best song ever!’

I woke up because of my phone ringing on the nightstand. I checked my clock and saw it was 3:00 am. Seriously, who calls in this kind of hour?! I’m peacefully sleeping here! By the way, I changed my ringtone since I got so annoyed at Ethan at changing my ringtone before I went back here in Seattle.

I grabbed my phone and saw it already has five missed calls and the one’s calling is an unknown number. And I even think the number is from the other country. Who is this? Then seconds later, it was already calling again. I swipe to answer it as I put the device in my ear.

“Uhm, Hello?” I lazily said. I’m still sleepy, you know.

“Bree? Thank God you answered!!” It’s a male and his voice is familiar. His British accent is showing off.

“Who’s this?” I asked.

“It’s Henry!” He answered.

“Oh, Henry. Why did you call? Especially in this kind of hour? I’m sleeping you know.”

“I’m sorry to wake you up, but you need to know something.”

I sigh frustratingly. “If it’s about Ethan and he asked you to talk to me for me to come back to him then we can end this call right now. He shouldn’t ask somebody to do his respon-“

“No, it’s not that!” He interrupted. “It is also about Ethan but I called because not about you coming back to him.”

“Then what?” I asked curiously.

“Something happened, Bree.” He said as I can notice his voice is down.

“What happened?” I paused. “Is there something wrong?”

“Yes, something is really wrong and I know you guys broke up but you need to know this.”

“What happened to Ethan?! Is he alright?!” I panicked as I sat in my bed.

“Calm down, please.” He begged.

“How would I calm down when something bad happened to Ethan?! The worst part is I’m not even there!” Okay, I know we broke up and I’m so mad at him but I still care and I still love him.

“Bree! Please calm down, if I told you while you’re panicking you may have a panicked attack or you might faint!” He’s right.

I took a deep breath. “Okay. Tell me now.”

“Ethan… He, uhm.” I think Henry’s lost for words and his nervous. Okay, I’m getting nervous too. I hope Ethan’s alright.

“He what, Henry?” I asked desperately.

“Ethan got in a car accident. He drove drunk.” He answered.

My jaw dropped. “You’re j-joking.”

“I’m not. I’m actually in the car with him, I got hurt real bad but Ethan’s got the worst condition. I’m waiting for him outside in the emergency room.”

“Please, please Henry. Tell me he’s going to be alright. Why did you let him drive even when he’s drunk?!” I asked. Now anger was boiling inside of me.