Chapter Thirteen

The Next Day.

Ethan went in his shop today. So here I am this afternoon in the kitchen eating pasta while listening to Ne-yo's songs. The song playing was 'Miss Independent' This song never fail me to sing and dance.
I sing and dance a bit while eating my pasta. What can I say? I'm one crazy and weird girl. I can do many things at the same time.
"Hey, will you stop that!" Someone yell behind me. I looked behind and saw Ethan. I stop the music.
"Sorry, I didn't notice you were there." I said to him apologetically.
"I was shouting at you but you didn't hear me." He said coldly. I think he had a bad day.
"I'm really sorry, Ethan." I paused. "Are you okay? Something happened?" I asked worriedly.
"I'm fine." He said as he turn his back on me and walk out. I went after him and grab his arm.
"You're not fine. Tell me, what happened?" I asked. He never turned to look at me. I have a lot of questions about his life yet I didn't push him to tell me.
"Nothing happened." He mumbled.
"Don't lie to me." I said. I'm getting annoyed. He shoo my hand and look angrily at me. I'm in deep shit.
"It's not your business."
"I'm just asking what's your problem, Ethan. You need to spill it out."
"I don't need to spill it out."
"You need to. It will make you calm."
"I told you it's not your business! Can you even understand that?" He shouted at me.
"I just want to calm you down!" I shouted back.
"You live in my house so you obey my rules! Stop pushing me to tell you!" He shouted as he clenched his fist.  I feel like I'm a maid by his choice of words.
"Yes, your majesty." I gave him a death glare. "I thought I was your friend. Friends help each other, but I was wrong." I told him coldly as I walked past him, went upstairs and locked myself to my room. I lay down in bed and just stare at the ceiling.

I told you to avoid getting attached to him. He never had feelings for you. So stop assuming things.

I heard my inner voice. How can I be so stupid? I was just his friend. No, a housemate. Wait, something like a maid. I should stop this 'feelings' for him because nothing is going to happen to us. I like him and he didn't like me. I grab  my earphone on the nightstand and plug it to my phone. I always listen to music when I'm in a bad mood. Depressed people like me always put the volumes up and ignore the world. The song played was 'Mad' by Ne-yo. Great song for my situation. (sarcasm!) By the way, I sing when I'm down to let out some tension inside of me.

'Ohh, Baby I know sometimes it's gonna rain.
But baby, can we make up now, 'cause I can't sleep through the pain

I heard someone knocking and I'm a hundred percent sure it's Ethan. I ignored him and just sing along.

'Girl, I don't wanna go to bed
And I don't want you to go to bed
No, I don't wanna go to bed
And I don't want you to go to bed
Ohh... no, no, no, noooooo.'

The knocking has stop. I think Ethan gave up. I yawn as I closed my eyes and fell assleep while listening to Ne-yo's great voice.

• • •

I woke up because the song  playing was 'Pound The Alarm' by Nicki Minaj. Weird. The word 'Alarm' was like it really is time for me to wake up. Who's not going to wake up when the song was that loud? I felt a vibration from my phone signaling there was a text. I opened my inbox and saw I had ten new messages. All of this was from,

Ethan.

Yes, we swap numbers before. I think I didn't have to mention it. I opened every text message from him.

First text: Bree, open the door.

Second: C'mon Bree.

Third: Bree, I'm sorry.

Fourth: Cupcake?

Fifth: I was just really mad that I shout all my angriness to you.

Sixth: I really regret all the words I've said. I don't want you to get mad.

Seven: Cupcake, I'm really sorry.

Eight: You're right, I should tell someone what's wrong to calm me down.

Nine: I'm sorry yo felt like you're nothing to me. I treat you as my friend, my special friend.

Wait a sec, his special friend? Oh my gosh. My heart was beating fast.

Tenth: Cupcake, I'm at your door for three hours. Please, open the door. I'm so sorry.

  He's at the door? For the whole time? I quickly stood up and walked to the door and open it then I saw Ethan on the floor sleeping. He waited for me, how sweet. I knelt down, sat Indian style and lift his head and place it on my hip.
  "Ethan, wake up." I said poking his cheek. He was so adorable. "Ethan." I mumbled. "C'mon now, wake up."
  He's now waking up. He opened his eyes and his eyes got widen.
  "Bree?"
  "Yes, Ethan. It's me." I smiled at him. He sat down so we're now facing each other.
  "I'm sorry." He said sincerely.
  "I should be the one who's saying sorry. I'm so pushy." I said.
  "No." He paused. "You deserve to know, friends cared for each other." He smiled. "So will you forgive me?"
  "Of course I will forgive you, silly." I smiled. "So what really happened?" I asked.
  "Henry. He was my employee. I mentioned that to you before right?" We didn't care if we're talking on the floor. Aha!
  "Yep."
  "Well, we got in an argument."
  "About what?"
  "Lucy."
  "Who's Lucy?"
  "Henry's mom." He said coldly.
  "Why did you two have to argue with Henry's mom?"
  "H-He kept pushing me to be kind with his mom." Why the heck did he stutter?
  "Why?"
  "I don't really like his mom. Of course, he fought for his mom so we end up arguing." He said avoiding my gaze. I think I'm missing something here.
  "Why don't you like his mom?"
  "Her mom looks like a slut." He said angrily.
  "Ethan, It's not right to tell people like that. You don't know Henry's mom so stop judging her." I said.
  "Si vous saviez." (If you only knew) He whispered. I think I don't have to ask what that darn thing means. He never tell me anyway then I feel Ethan hugging me.
  "I just need a hug." He said. He's really down. Actually, I don't really believe Ethan. I know there's something else. I just need to find out. I hugged him back. We stayed like that for minutes then he finally released me.
"Anyway, I saw a poster when I'm going home."
  "What about it?" I asked.
  "Hmm, did you want to go to the carnival tomorrow? That's my peace offering and it's my treat." He said smiling.
  "I would love to."

--------------------

Hiiiiiiii :) I'm sorry I just love Ne-YoComment, Vote & Share! ;)

Micah xx