Chapter Forty-Eight

Hey guys! Thank you so very much for the 10.3k reads!! :D It means so much to me than you think! I hope you guys will keep on voting, reading and commenting too! You guys are my inspiration ;) So here's an early update! 

----------------

FORTY-EIGHT.

I was already in front of Fevy’s house when I saw her in the stairs near the porch. “Fevy!” I whisper-yelled at her.

She looked at my direction as she gestured me to walk towards her. I walked and every time I got near her, I can see her puffy red cheeks due of crying as she always wiped it off. As soon as I was already in front of her, she moved a little so I have a place to sit.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” I asked with pure concern.

“Horrible.” She answered.

I stretched my arms as she noticed it. “Want a hug?” And right after I said it, she quickly hugged me for dear life.

“I-I didn’t do anything wr-ong.” She whispered while crying.

“You really didn’t.” I paused as I rubbed her back. “Just let it out.”

She cried and cried and it felt like forever. Damn, Fevy didn’t deserve any of this. I mean she was just a girl loving someone that really loved her back and even though they aren’t legal, they’ll do whatever it takes just to be with each other. How come her mom and her evil twin sister didn’t understand that?!

She let go of the hug as she wiped her tears off. “So, I better tell you what happened.”

“Yeah, but if you don’t feel like it, it was fin-“

“No, I want to.” She interrupted me as I nod. She cleared her throat and spoke, “When got home after school, Phoebe yanked my hair. Of course I have to fight back, but then when we fell to the floor, I was on top of her, mom went inside and saw the situation. Phoebe framed me up saying that I was the one who started the fight then she told mom that me and Peter are secretly dating behind their backs. Mom got mad and she started uhm…”

“She started what?” I asked concerned and curious at the same time.

She looked at the ground. “She started physically hurting me, like slapping me, yanking my hair and even pushed me. She was never that violent towards me and I even saw Phoebe enjoying the view in front of her.”

I gasped. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry. Your mom didn’t even give you the chance to explain?”

“No. It’s always Phoebe she believes. I was sort of disappeared as her daughter when that twin sister blinded my mom in everything. She didn’t even know the whole story behind me and Peter.” She answered. I know Fevy’s mom was very far from what I just heard that she did. She’s the type of woman who was very sweet, gentle and caring. Phoebe must really brainwashed her mind.

“But, did Peter know about this?”

“No. I’m not ready to tell him what happened. I’m pretty sure he’ll worry about me and thought of staying away from me for good to avoid me from hurting. I don’t want him to leave me, Bree.” She said as she took a deep breath. Well, she’s right. When boys do really care about you, they’ll do whatever it takes just to keep you safe.

“But you have to tell him sooner or later. You can’t do this alone.” I told her sincerely.

“I know, but not now. I’ll feel it to myself when it’s the right time.” She paused as she smiled at me weakly. “Anyway, thank you for being here Bree.”