He was still wearing his black jeans and his black T-shirt. He looked thin but strong, his eyes commanding as they stared at Sean calmly. He wasn't looking at me.

I felt like my eyes were about to pop out of my head. What was he doing here?

Max hitched his head towards Sean's hand and asked, eyebrows raised with curiosity, "What game is that, really? The flower game?"

I looked back at the gun - well, what used to be a gun. Instead Sean was now holding a soft flower in his hand, its pink petals as harmless as its smooth green stem.

"What the hell...?" Sean mumbled and dropped the flower.

"Wait..." Max continued, making me look back at him, my mouth falling open in astonished bewilderment. Max gestured towards Sean yet again and added, "Is this some kind of fucked up version of strip poker?"

Being very aware of my own dressed-down clothing situation, I blushed as I turned to look at Sean.

Who was now...naked.

Sean gave a high-pitched yelp and pulled his legs up to his chest - reflecting my position - as he tried to shield his nudity.

A surprised short laugh tumbled over my lips, before I whipped my head back to Max. Who was now walking towards us. Stopping right next to us, I had to strain my neck to look up at him as he looked down at Sean.

His voice was cold and hard. "Do me a favor, Carter? Get out of here. You're disgusting."

Sean looked completely out of place, flicking his gaze between Max and me a couple of times, before he scrambled to his feet and ran out of the room, his hands pressed over his manhood.

I swallowed slowly and looked up at Max again, catching him shaking his head with a 'tsk tsk' at Sean's behavior before giving me the warmest smile. "That skinny ass need some sun."

But the joke flew straight over my head as I whispered for confirmation, "Max?" Was he really here? Was it really him?

He crouched down in front of me, his eyes as warm and gentle as his smile. He leaned in and slowly brushed his thumb across my cheekbone, catching one of my escaping tears. "It's time to go."

I shook my head slowly at the impossibility, saying quietly, "I can't. I'm attached to the wall. My hand..." My voice trailed off as I looked down at my previously bonded wrist and noticed that it was free. "I..."

"You're free," Max whispered, took a hold of my previously injured wrist and placed a kiss on the inside, over my pulse. "It's time to wake up."

I looked up into his eyes and felt myself falling.

With a gasp, I was awake.

And Max's eyes were still looking into mine.

"Hey," he whispered over my gasp.

I was back in bed. With Max. Hooked up to an IV-drip in a sparsely decorated room. The sunlight was gone, instead the room was dimly lit up with one small lamp on the bedside table and one floor lamp over by the door.

Not really knowing what to say, I echoed his greeting, "Hey."

His eyes were slowly searching my face, the connection calm and expectant between us even when there was controlled worry on his face. "Did that happen? Did Sean do that to you?"

The dream. The nightmare.

I saw movement behind Max's shoulder, caught my father's soft smile as he rose from his seat and quietly left the room. Giving us privacy.