Chapter 13~ Possessed

SPARK'S POV

    I looked at him blankly. I could feel my world break apart. He's not serious, right? I must have heard it wrong. He wouldn't hurt me. He must be joking, he can't reject me. Not now, not this time when everything is right, not when everything for me is perfect.

"You're kidding. Right?" I sounded so bitter but I didn't care. Why so sudden?

"Do I look like I'm kidding, Spark?" He sounded so stern. Why? I don't understand!

    I should be angry at im right now but what the hell? I can't and no matter how much I want to, I still find myself falling in love to the guy who have repeatedly hurt me. Just when I thought everything is perfect. Life is so ironic! Damn it! I bowed my head in defeat as I released the tears inside my eyes.

"I... S-Spark Blaze, accepts your rejection Vince Black." I looked at him and the eyes but I couldn't see any hint of regret in it. Am I not important to him? With all the courage left inside me, I looked at him with authority. I summoned Divine's strength to support me. I wiped away my tears and stood as mighty as what an alpha should be, "I, Spark Blaze, the alpha of Divine's pack, strongly rejects you, Vince Black to  be my mate."

    His eyes turned back to its normal color and looked at me with disbelief. He attempted to walk towards me but a wolf came out from the woods, growling angrily at Vince. I touched Aldrin's fur, he looked at me and I could see sympathy in his eyes, he look so tamed when he looked at me.

"Go back to the house and get some  clothes. Come back here in your human form.." I whispered with authority and without any hesitations, he ran back inside the house.

"S-Spark, please don't get angry..." I looked at the person who spoke and he look so sad. I don't get the way he thinks.

"Who says anything about being angry Vince?" I replied and pretended to laugh although I'm wounded, deeply wounded inside me.

    We stared at each other for I don't know how long. I felt something on my wrist, it's pretty painful. I looked down and saw that my mating-tattoo is glowing faintly. I looked at Vince and he's also looking at his own wrist. The glow slowly fades and I looked at my wrist again. The tattoo became lighter, it's like it is disappearing.

"What's happening?" Vince asked, he sounded panic.

"It's disappearing, obviously... Maybe because we're no longer mates." I said, not looking at him.

The tattoo didn't fade completely. "Spark, remember what I told you?"

I looked at him sternly, "I don't remember anything about what happened between us and I never want to remember it again. You rejected me and I had enough! You loved me and that's that."

"No, you don't understand.." he attempted to touched my face but a strong hands held his wrist.

"Spark completely understand you, Vince Black and don't you dare lay a single finger on her, you don't claim her anymore." Aldrin said with a threat in his voice.

Vince looked at Aldrin with furious eyes. Here they go again. "And now what? You have the right to protect Spark because I rejected her? Now, you have the right to claim her? Are you afraid that even if I reject her, she'll continue to love me and not you? Are you seriously thinking she's going to love you?!" Damn it, what is he trying to say?

"Vince stop." I commanded with tears in my eyes. How can he be so arrogant and hurt me at the same time? Vince and Aldrin didn't pay any attention to me.

"I'm not afraid at all, Vince. I don't care if she loves me or not, I don't and will never claim her to be mine but I  will always be the person who's always at her side, ready to protect her and ready to be her shoulder and yes, I have every right to protect Spark because I love her." Aldrin's last words ringed my ear. He loves me? What about Ashley?