Chapter 5~ The Heating

SPARK'S POV

    It's been five days since Aldrin told me about the second strike of heating. Everyday for me was like living in hell, I'm always scared to the possibility that my crave will strike back because I know, Vince is not here and I do not intend to ask for his help. I'm lucky Aldrin promised me that he will help me over-come this problem.

    I'm sitting on the feathery couch while Aldrin is busy cooking in the kitchen. I could smell the sweet and delicious food from here, I can no longer concentrate in the movie that I'm watching. How can he be so good in cooking? I suck in the kitchen.

    I hear the stove clicked. Funny, my senses are so enhanced, I can hear better, even those little sounds and I can see even those little insects that are so small, those that cannot be seen by the normal human eyes. I focused my sight on the little insect crawling on the carpet.

"Your eye-color is changing Spark, you should be careful when you're in the crowd." Aldrin spoke. He really has the addiction of speaking out-of-the-blues.

I snap my sight from the insect and closed my eyes. I calmed myself, trying to focus to bring my natural eye-color back. I opened my eyes again, "Do they look normal again now?"

He nods and smiled. "Breakfast is ready.."

    I smiled back and grabbed his hand that he offered. We eat breakfast differently from the first breakfast that I had with him. We became friends, it's like we built a bond of friendship. He doesn't read newspapers when we eat breakfast and we always have this little friendly chat every meal. I never thought it would be very refreshing to have a friend. A real friend.

    I volunteered to wash the dishes then I went back to the living room and turned the television on. Aldrin entered the living room with a totally different look! He still looks very hot!

    He stood in front of me in some different kind of fashion. He's wearing a gray t-shirt with a collar, khaki pants, converse shoes and a nerdy glasses. He looks like a high school student but even that he's wearing a disguise, he's total handsome-ness is still visible. Girls would crave for this guy. Aldrin is an ideal guy but for all I know, we are far more different than humans.

    He handed me some clothes. A legging, a short skirt, cotton blouse and a sweater. I look at him. What am I going to do with these clothes? It's not my type of clothes and how many times am I going to tell him that I don't wear these kind of clothes.

I raised my right eyebrow at him. "What am I going to do with these?"

"Wear them and suit up." he shrugged.

"What are we going to do? I don't like these clothes Aldrin.." I pouted.

"Hmm, we're going to school, you know, have fun and blend in but ofcourse, we have to appear to be different than we used to, to hide our identity. We'll be bringing new names.." Aldrin seems to be excited.

    I think of the idea first. I never thought I'll be going back to school after my transformation. I thought I had to stop blending in but Aldrin seems to have a different world from what wolves used to do. He still wants to mingle with people. The idea is fun but is it safe?

"Something wrong?" he asked worried.

"Are you sure it's going to be a good idea?"

"Yeah, why?" he asked with amusement.

"We're not allowed to mingle with people when we have our shifting anymore." I honestly confest.

He laughed, the boyish laugh. "Your pack is so vintage. Hiding from people wouldn't change anything so why not befriend them?"