Unspoken (Watty Awards 2011) Chapter Fifteen: I Just Want to Talk

• Dedicated to Talia Rachel Suskauer

This goes out to one of the most talented people I've met this year. Her name is Talia. She is super pretty, amazing, and most importantly, so amazingly sweet it's crazy!! Talia got a lead in Aida and she was still exxtremely nice to everyone. She never had a mean thing to say about anyone, and was always so extremely supportive to everyone she met. So this one goes out to you!!! <33

_______________________________________________________

September 12th                                                                                             

Surprisingly enough, Rosalie invited me to sleep over her house tonight. I haven’t ever slept over somewhere or vice versa and mom made me a list of things to pack. So many things filled my bag; it felt like I was moving there! I had been counting the days until Rosalie gave me shocking news. It wouldn’t be the two of us, no. Lee was coming, too. I thought Rosalie was over her!

Whenever I pass Rosalie in the halls, I try my best to smile, even though I’m anything but excited. And when Lee walks past me, she smiles like she’s saying how miserable she’ll make my experience. Even though Lee’s going, I’m still a little happy. For once, I’m part of something. I could even talk about….well I could draw or write my next piece about it. Since making a dance about a sleepover doesn’t seem like a great idea…

I try my best to shove the negative thoughts from my mind as the three of us squeeze into Rosalie’s mom’s car. My body wants to lurch ahead, do anything to stop touching the others. No, today, I’m normal Emma. Or as normal as I can be…

**                                **                                **                                **                                **

Rosalie tried to have us all agree on something to do. We tried to watch a movie, but Lee protested.

Baking? No.

Cards? No.

Magazines? No.

Dance? No.

Homework? No.

“How about we just talk?” Lee says in her best innocent voice. Yeah, how innocent is a fire breathing dragon. Rosalie shoots me an apologetic look and Lee grins victoriously. With a sigh, I fall onto Rosalie’s bed. She won’t mind; I know that much.

I hear the voices of Rosalie and Lee as darkness surrounds me and I welcome it warmly.