Our team celebrated and ran back to their bench to get their things. After that, they headed off to the locker room to shower and change.

                Turning to face Sofia, I jerked my head in the direction of the locker rooms and she nodded. We liked arms and skipped off the bleachers and the short distance to the building that held the team room. We sat down on one of the benches that was placed outside the building and settled down to wait.

                About 20 minutes later, guys started emerging and were greeted with some of the fans that had stayed behind to congratulate the team and their friends. 5 minutes later, Liam walked out with Steve, both with wet hair and clean clothes on.

                I stood up and hugged Liam tightly. “Are you alright?” I asked quietly so no one else could hear.

                “I’m fine Buttercup.” He assured me with a smile, hugging me back.

                “No he’s not.” Steve interjected. “I heard one of the medical guys telling him that he might have a concussion and that if he goes to sleep he’ll have to be woken up every hour.” Liam glared at his friend and all Steve did in response is shrug and exclaim, “I can’t help my super sonic hearing!” Sofia and I laughed quietly and watched in amusement as Liam smacked Steve on the back of his head, still holding on to me with his other hand. “Dude! That hurt!” He yelled, rubbing the back of his head.

                “Well you didn’t have to tell her!” Liam yelled back, looking slightly mad and annoyed.

                “Um, yeah. I did.” Steve said like it was obvious. He pointed a finger at me and sounded a little scared, “She would have killed me if I didn’t!”

                After disengaging myself from Liam, I jumped up and patted Steve’s red curls. “Yes, I would have.”

                He smiled at me and yelled, “See!” right in Liam’s face. The look on Liam’s face was absolutely priceless. Steve must have spit when he yelled because Liam blinked once, very slowly and brought a hand up, wiping his cheek. He clenched his jaw and smacked Steve up side the head again, but this time much harder. Steve whimpered, “I’m sorry.”

                “Now that’s pretty funny.” Sofia butted in. “Steve probably has 50 pounds on you Liam and he’s backing down because you hit him in the back of the head.” She was shaking her head and smiling her butt off.

                “That’s true! I could beat you any day!” Steve exclaimed, puffing his chest out proudly. Liam shot him a look and he slumped down again, “Never mind.” Sofia and I exchanged a look and started laughing.

                Liam glanced at us and cracked a smile. I sobered up and marched up to him, poking him in the chest with a finger. “You, mister are staying at my house tonight so I can make sure you don’t get all messed up in the head.” He held his hands up in surrender but didn’t drop the smile.

                I heard Sofia and Steve arguing about something behind us and Liam leaned in to whisper in my ear, “Whatever you say Buttercup.” Shivers raced down my spine and I huffed, no fair!

                Turning around I saw Sofia standing on her tip toes trying to get in Steve’s face while he was taunting her by going up on his tip toes too. I lightly chuckled, they are such little kids. “Are you kidding me? Crayons are so much better than markers!” At this I absolutely bust up laughing, they just proved my point!

                When she heard me, Sofia whipped around and exclaimed, “Brae! Tell this dipshit that crayons will beat marker’s ass any day of the week!”

                I stopped laughing and said to Steve seriously, “You need to man up and admit that crayons are the best.”

                “Never!” He screamed and ran away.

Sofia narrowed her eyes and sprinted after him screaming, “Get back here bitch!”

                Liam and I watched, laughing, as Steve looked back with fear on his face and Sofia chasing him. I shook my head and grabbed Liam’s hand, pulling him to the car. After we crossed the parking lot and had arrived at the car, I held out my hand for the keys. Looking from my face to my hand he pulled the keys out and stared at them. Finally, he cradled them in his hands and held them to his chest. “Driving will help me stay awake.” He reasoned, so I sighed and dropped my hand, walking over to the passenger side door.

                I heard a click and opened the now unlocked door. I slid in my seat and turned some music on. Liam pulled out of the parking lot and drove towards my house. He pulled out his cell phone and turned the volume of the music down before flipping it open and calling his mom. When he told her what happened and reassured her that he would be fine and I would take care of him he hung up. “You have the best parents in the world.” I told him.

                Glancing at me, he said, “I know. But why are you saying this now?

                “Well, you might have a concussion and have to woken up every hour. It’s a school night, and your parents are letting you stay at your girlfriend’s house with no adult supervision.” I explained.

                “Good point.” He shrugged. Then, looking like he was considering it, he exclaimed, “Yeah, you’re right!” I chuckled and shook my head at his slowness. We pulled in my driveway and Liam turned his car off. We both hopped out and walked up to my front door. I fumbled around in the dark, trying to find my key in my bag. My hand finally bumped into something small, cold, and metal. Bringing it out, I inserted it in the slot and twisted.

                Stepping into my dark house, I slid my hand along the wall until my fingers hit the light switch. Flipping the lever thing up, the hallway was illuminated. I walked down the hallway to the family room, turning lights on as I went.

                I collapsed on the couch and waited for Liam to join me. I heard the front door close and heavy footsteps thumping along the hallway. Moments later, Liam appeared. He sat down on the couch beside me, and then laid down putting his head in my lap. I started stroking his hair and he closed his eyes as a smile danced on his lips.

                Suddenly, I was staring into green depths as he opened his eyes. “Hey Buttercup?” he asked. I cocked my head to the side, mumbled something like ‘What?’ “Will you go to the Fall Dance with me?”

                 I smiled, “Of course.”