Chapter 5

Hello my friendly aliens! Sorry about the weird greetings if you don’t like them, but I’m not going to stop. And yes, while writing this chapter, I was in a kind of oldies mood so don’t judge! Just so you know, it would be really helpful if you listened to the song while you were reading the part with them dancing… or at least just the beginning when it’s kind of descriptive. And if you don’t understand the dancing part at first then don’t worry about it, just imagine them doing some really cool dance moves! If anybody finds a cast that’s better than the one I have now then please tell me! Remember, constructive criticism, VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

                “Sweet home Alabama, where the skies are so blue. Sweet home Alabama, Lord, I’m coming home to you.” Liam sang running in his front door while I followed, jamming out on my air guitar. We had been listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd’s song Sweet Home Alabama on repeat for the whole ride from my house to the Miller’s house.

                Soon, the entire Miller family had gathered with me and Liam in the family room and joined in. I let Grayson take over the air guitar role, Mr. and Mrs. Miller were dancing off to the side while singing parts of the song, and I went over and started dancing with Liam.

                By the time the song was over, we were all hyped up and didn’t know what to do with our energy until Mr. Miller said, “Let’s perform for each other!”

                “What would we do in said performances?” inquired Liam.

                “Well, sing and dance of course!”

                Everybody enthusiastically agreed and Liam and I started to sift through his family’s collection of CD’s until I found the perfect song. I showed Liam the Nirvana CD and pointed to the song I had in mind. He looked at me with a smile and told me, “It’s perfect! We can both dance to it because I don’t know the lyrics. Man, you find really do find the find the perfect thing all the time.”

                We fist bumped and went to sit on the couch, sizing up our competition. It looked like Mr. Miller and Gray had teamed up and found a Journey CD and were planning out their performance, while Mrs. Miller was opening up a Gloria Gaynor case.

                “Is it okay if I go first?” Mrs. Miller asked. When everybody gave the okay, she put the CD in the stereo and found the song she was looking for. After turning the volume up, she quickly turned around and started to sing I Will Survive.

                I listened dumbstruck, as she played out the melodies to perfection and sang so loud that you couldn’t even hear the original singer. I had no idea that she was that talented, I mean, wow. That absolutely blew me away.

                When she was finished, there was a thundering applause and I saw Mrs. Miller blush slightly and say, “Oh it was nothing, I mean I wasn’t even that good.”