Chp 79 - Annabeth's POV

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"And they're friends?"

Barbara gave her an exasperated look.

"Can you please, stop interrupting me?"

"Sorry"

"Anyway, she didn't give me the details. Let's just say Jordan and Jay ruined Sirena's party, and even stole a few presents to give to Jodi, for her birthday"

Annabeth reclined in her chair, with her arms crossed and a look of surprise.

"That was actually sweet"

It's like the Stoll brothers were born in different families, yet still managed to find each other.

"I know, right? I had the same reaction as you when she told me. From that day forward, they became friends. And whatever they did to Sirena, scared her enough to never retaliate or try to mess with Jodi again, now that she had those two as her bodyguards. That's it, until Peter came along. Don't! Close your mouth, you said you would stop interrupting me. As I was saying, Jodi is convinced Sirena just tried to... seduce Peter to get back at Jodi, and she was successful. Peter let himself get driven around by his hormones and stopped talking to Jodi. It's actually amazing Jodi didn't lock Peter up when he started dating with Sirena, so he could get back to his senses. Maybe, if he was isolated from Sirena's voice and promises, like locked in..."

Annabeth cutted in, remembering her own experience with sirens.

"A bubble. Some ear wax could help too"

"Maybe"

"I can't believe Peter dated her knowing about this"

Annabeth left the chair to get back the rubber ball that escaped Barbara's hand, while the girl answered.

"He didn't. He only started here in high school, remember? This happened six years ago. And she made Jordan and Jay promise to never talk about that subject again"

Annabeth gave Barbara the ball back.

"Wait, this happened while you were here, right? And you didn't know about this tale?"

"I wasn't from any of their classes or friends with any of them. I remember the picture Sirena spread, but I didn't know the tale behind it"

"And Jodi told you?"

Barbara bit her lower lip, thinking. 

"Yeah, this puzzled me too. I think she was lonely, missing talk to another girl"

"Or maybe someone with some brains, who wouldn't make a joke of everything she said"

"That too"

Flashback over, back to present

Annabeth smoothed her skirt with her hands.

I have to admit, this is beautiful.

Forget about Cinderella, this is what a princess should look like.

Her gown was in light blue with a fancy bodice and puff sleeves, blue fitted sleeves slashed at the elbow to reveal red undersleeves and an attached red waist sash. Her hair was loose, in light curls, and she wore the matching headpiece with an attached sheer veil. She heard the doorbell, snatched her bag from her chair and ran down the stairs. Her father had the door open, and she was sure he heard her coming down, but didn't move.