The young woman did not hesitate to slide inside the car, she was freezing and had no other choice. Officer Washington got in the car and turned to face her. "What is your name?" He asked her as he took out his cell phone, dialed his daughters number and waited patiently for her to answer her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello sweetheart, did I catch you at a bad time?" He asked her.

"No pops, what's happened, what's going on?"

Officer Washington expelled a sigh and said, "I need a huge favor from you and you know I wouldn't ask it of you unless I really needed your help!"

"What is it, is mom alright?" She asked, worried that something had happened to her.

"Your mom is fine dear, she's not why I'm calling." He told her.

"Then what is it?"

"Can you come to Time Square where I am working, I have something to ask of you."

"I'm in the middle of something dad, can't it wait till later!"

"I wouldn't ask you this if it weren't urgent, please honey, I really need you to come, I'll explain later."

Tinesha hesitated for only a second before she agreed to meet up with him. Not ten minutes later she showed up besides her father's police car and knocked on his window.

The officer rolled down his window, "Thank you honey, please come around and get in." He told her.

Tinesha did as she was told, but once inside the car she looked in the back seat and found a frightened woman staring at her. "Father, who is she!"

"I don't know honey, I found her walking in the middle of the street without a jacket, freezing her ass off!"

"And what are you going to do with her dad?"

"Well that's where you come into the picture, I was hoping you could take her to the woman's shelter, doesn't your friend work there? I'm still on duty and I can't leave my post until midnight!"

"I'm not sure that they will accept her on such short notice at this late in the evening, but I will try to get her in at least for tonight."

"Oh honey thanks, I knew you would come through for me, you know how I can't stand to see anyone out in the cold, especially a woman!"

"I know, I think I have inherited your ways too, I would have done the same were it me that found her first." Tinesha said.

The woman in the back seat listened to the exchange between father and daughter and was glad that they were going to help her.

"Do you have a name?" Tinesha asked the woman, as they walked to the nearby shelter down the street.

"I don't know, I can't remember." The young woman said in a weak tone of voice.

Tinesha felt sorry for her, the young woman reminded her of how lucky she was to have been blessed with a loving family, and a beautiful life. "Do you remember anything at all, like who your parents are, or where you live?"

The young woman shook her head, and Tinesha's heart bled for her. "Don't you worry about a thing, I shall get you some food to eat and a warm bed to sleep in for tonight until we find you a permanent home, ok?"

But after the long walk to the shelter, she found that her friend had taken the night off and the husky woman behind the counter told them that there were no more beds available for the night.

"What do you mean there are no beds available? Where do you expect the homeless to sleep on a cold winter night like tonight!" Tinesha argued.

"I'm sorry miss, there's nothing I can do for her tonight, come back tomorrow, maybe I will have a vacant bed for your friend."

"We need a bed tonight!" Tinesha said, and motioned for the young woman to follow her out of the shelter.

The wind blasted in their face as they stepped out of the shelter. "Man it's cold out here!" She said, and her heart sank as she watched the young woman shiver. Taking off her jacket she wrapped it around her and said, "you need it more than I do, I have a pullover on with long sleeves! Come on, you can spend the night in my apartment until I find you a place to stay."

The two woman walked as fast as they could to where Tinesha lived and after climbing the stairs to the third floor, the Caribbean beauty unlocked the door to her apartment and stepped aside for the young woman to enter first. Following in after her, she switched on the lights and closed the door.

"Please, take off the jacket and make yourself at home. I will heat you up some homemade chicken soup my mother cooked last night. I'm sure you are starving."

"Thank you." Was all the young woman said.

"Don't thank me, thank my father who found you and called me to come and get you." Tinesha said as she took the soup out of the refrigerator, poured it into a small pot and placed it on the burner. "If you can't remember your name, I will call you Angelina, after my favorite actress, because you resemble her, if it's alright with you."

The beautiful young woman nodded her head in answer, and sat down on the chair by the glass table. She watched her new friend as she stirred the soup and was very grateful that the dark skinned beauty was going to help her.

Note: A while ago I had a request by a nice young woman to name a character after her, so I'm dedicating this chapter to a lovely fan of mine whose name is Tinesha and lives in the Caribbean. I've created this character just for you Tinesha, enjoy!!!! Xoxxoxoxo

Thanks everyone for all your votes and comments, xoxxoxoxxoxo