Yeah, I had little to no control when it came to Shane.

I felt in peace right now and that was something strange. I was so used to constantly hearing snarls, hissing and mocking in my head, feeling those cold and suffocating fingers nailing my guts and throat that now, not feeling anymore a damn thing, it felt ... weird. Yeah, weird but peaceful, calm and serene. I softly chuckled, attracting his attention and gaining a more curios and perplex glare.

With Shane I felt finally serene and in peace.

We still had so much to sort out, considering the coming week we had to meet with his family and made them sigh those papers and then finalize everything by changing his residence and all those formalities. The idea of meeting his family, of having him in the same room again with those fuckers was enough to set me on belligerent mood, but it was necessary and couldn’t be avoid and anyway, I was going to be there with me and I wouldn’t permit anything to happen or unsettle Shane. I was going to be there right beside him and shield him from everything. A wrong word and glare from those worthless vermin and I’d have their heads on a plate, no kidding.

I gripped him stronger and sunk my fingers in his hot skin.

Sure, that was waiting for us and I knew how that weighted down on Shane, even if he wouldn’t admit it. I knew he would have preferred to simply not having to see them anymore, but we couldn’t do that and it was just one last time and then everything of those days could go to hell and fuck off.

But right now I felt serene and in peace; in peace with everything and everyone.

“Shane...” I murmured, pulling him up for a tender and silent kiss, never leaving his eyes. He took a step back, but I stopped it and he creased his forehead. What was on his mind now? He seemed...confused. “What’s wrong, brat? You seem confused...is everything ok?”

“Emmett, I should ask you that...you keep looking at me, simply staring at my eyes...is everything ok with you?” A subtle note of nervous was there and it really displeased me.

Why was he nervous now?

“I look at your eyes because I love them.” I said, purposely staring at them. The brat widened them and something flash in there. What was that? He shifted his gaze on the floor and then turned his head to the side, but I grabbed his chin and forced him to look back at me. “Don’t look away, let me see them.”

“Em...” He went to move his face once more, but I forced him back.

What was so strange about that? I loved his eyes as I loved so many other things of Shane, as I ...

I froze and what Alice asked me hit me back.

You didn’t even realize it, right? No, I haven’t yet realized it. Not until now.

“I love you.”

I thought about those words and said them at the same time, and realized how true they were. I loved Shane, I loved this brat so much and I didn’t see it before...why haven’t I seen it before?

“I love you, Shane. I don’t know why I haven’t seen this before. It’s so simple and true, I love you.”

He dropped his arms from my face, letting them hang on his sides as if petrified; his beautiful and liquid eyes shot almost out of his face and his mouth gasped open. I heard him swallow down and felt him trembling. God, did I just say something that freaked him out? I cupped his face tenderly but firmly and tried to calm him down. He was now visibly shaking.

“Shane, please calm down and tell me what’s wrong. You’re scaring me. Did what I say unsettle you? I’m sorry, but I do love you.” He swallowed down more and kept staring at me completely bewildered. I was beginning to freak out here, because he just gazed and said nothing. Did I just fuck up thing by forcing my feelings onto him? God, please no, please no.