Chapter 51: I knew then

"Choose me.." The blonde spoke tenderly .

Hinata 's eyes widened as she opened her lips to speak and as ever second passed by Sasuke's heart broke because he knew a was a second closer to what he knew would happen next.

"Naruto I-"

Suddenly the Hyuga was yanked up by a certain Uchiha. Itachi grabbed her wrist and took her away from the startled blonde.

"Hey Itachi!" Hinata cringed as the Uchiha's grip tightened around her wrist. "S-stop!"

She removed her hand from his grip as her eyes gazed at his back.

"W-why did you do that?..."

The Uchiha remained silent. Hinata looked down at her red wrist for a moment then felt tears come from her eyes. It wasn't the grip that hurt her but her uneasy heart.

Her wrist began to shake as gasps escapes her lips then she lifted her fists and placed them over her eyes crying out.

"Why...why....why?!?" She murmured over and over again as she fell to her knees. Itachi still had his back facing her not uttering a single word.

"Im sorry im not him." He finally spoke causing Hinata's eyes to widen. "Its him you want right?...."

The Uchiha turned around and Hinata's eyes widened even more. His expression was so sad ,so incredibly hurt. Like they had jabbed a knife in his heart.

Itachi kneeled down ,took the Hyuga's hand and placed her palm on his pink lips -kissing them lightly.  He had his eyes closed as he kept her palm still laid softly on his lips.

"Can't it be me?..." He murmured on her ivory hand. "Can't you love me again?"

He opened his eyes and gazed into her pearl colored pupils, removed her hand from his lips then placed his own on her cheek.

"I never stopped loving you...it has always been you Hinata!"

The beauty didnt know what to say or do. She could only look at the agonizing expression the Uchiha in front of her held.

"I swear to you if you choose me I will never leave you again. I will take care of you, and love you, and promise to make you happy for the rest of your life. " He paused for a moment looking down then looked back up at her. " I know im not worthy and I know im not enough but trust me when I say I will spend the rest of my life trying to be!"

"Just please " he continued. "Choose me."

Hinata began to tremble. She felt so weak. So incredibly weak could all she do is cry?

Suddenly face popped into her mind. That beautiful smile. Those kind eyes. She had to tell the truth.

"......I can't ...."

Itachi's eyes widened . She wasn't crying . She was gasping. But her face was hurt. Like the words she spoke were poison.

"Eventhough you were my everything.....I became a different person since you last saw me.... I did love you Itachi . You are my first love and that will never change."

Itachi stared at the beauty with hollow eyes. His emptiness seemed to widen.

I did love you.... How is it possible that one simple word could change the meaning so drastically....and leave you with nothing.

"Hinata...." He finally spoke after a long pause. Slowly opening his trembling lips. He didnt regret anything. He won't regret anything. He was finally able to see his love and was able to save his younger brother. And even if he didnt save him or win back the heart of the one he loved, he could rest well knowing he gave it his all. After all, he knew that his place in her heart could never be replaced or forgotten.