Chapter 34: When he used to smile

Hinata stared at the twins in confusion and Sasuke followed.

"Sasuke.....get Hinata out of here..." The blonde suddenly spoke in a serious tone while still staring at Menma. The raven haired boy took Hinata by the arm but the beauty shook it away.

"I'm sorry Naruto but who is this Hinata person.....and why did he confuse her with me?....."

The blonde took a deep gulp and Menma clutched a fist . Then the black haired twin turned and walked away leaving Hinata, Sasuke , and Naruto.

Hinata watched as Menma slowly walked away with his head hung and his hands in his pockets. Once he was gone Naruto lifted his head and looked at the Hyuga. He walked toward the beauty and grabbed her wrist .

"Don't get involved with him...."

Hinata looked up at the blonde with wide eyes. At that Sasuke intervened and separated his hand from her wrist.

"And you don't get involved with her." Sasuke spoke venomously , then grabbed Hinata and left.

............................

Sasuke dragged Hinata behind him as he searched for the exit, still not fully used to the school.

"Hina don't forget. He betrayed you with that.... that slut! You may have forgiven him but I'm not going too! I won't let a guy that gets carried away by his emotions have you !"

The indigo haired beauty stared at the Uchiha's back with her brows furrowed upward in sadness. she suddenly wiggled her hand away from his grip and stood there, causing Sasuke to turn back .

"Technically..... I was the one who hurt Naruto first....."

Sasuke grew frustrated and clicked his tongue then looked down at his feet.

"I lost him Sasuke...... and I don't think he loves me anymore ." Hinata whispered trying to hold back her tears , and roughly wiping away the ones that fell.

The raven haired boy suddenly grabbed Hinata's hand and put it between his own.

He then closed his eyes and lifted her delicate hand to his lips, light kissing her fingers. Hinata stared at him completely shocked by what she had seen. The raven had his brows furrowed still pressing her hand against his lips.

He then let go with his face flushed as he stared at her beautiful hand.

"You have no idea......" he spoke softly. "you have no absolute idea about how much you're worth......"

He lifted his head at stared into her pearl eyes. Lifting one hand he placed in on her cheek and began to speak once again.

"I don't care about how much you love him.... all I want if for you to be happy and not chase after someone that has hurt you so much .... I don't want you suffering as I made you suffer."

Hinata's eyes widened. Sasuke still felt guilty about what he had done to her and she knew it.

The beauty closed her eyes and let her cheek press against his hand . Causing Sasuke's eyes to widen.

"It's alright now Sasuke..." she opened her eyes and smiled . "you don't have to blame yourself anymore... You're here now aren't you?"

Sasuke closed his eyes and smiled gently .

You really have no idea do you ?

....................................

After class ended Sasuke went to the library to get a few books . The indigo haired girl stared at the troubled blonde then approached him.

"U-uhm Naruto ? May I talk to you for a moment?"

Naruto's eyes widened then he looked down and nodded as they exited the room to the roof top.

......................................

" What's up Hinata?"

The beauty looked down as began to play with her fingers.

"P-please tell me what between  Menma and you..... I don't mean to be nosy but... " her face flushed even more. " please I have to know who this other Hinata is..."

Naruto looked at Hinata emotionless and began to walk toward a corner . He sat down and rested his back against a wall with on leg stretched out and the other bent up, rating his arm on the bent leg.

Hinata had noticed that Naruto was so serious these past couple days and it gave her an uneasy feeling. His upbeat and bright personality was dimming for an unknown reason.

Naruto noticed the beauty staring at him as while he was looking off to the distance so he turned her way .

"What is it?"

Hinata jumped back to reality and shook her head.

"N-nothing...." her cheeks blushed a crimson red as she looked down.

Naruto stared at her with his emotionless face for a while and Hinata began to feel uncomfortable . The blonde noticed her reaction and looked away swiftly.

"Sit down " he spoke while facing te opposite direction.

Hinata timidly walked toward him and sat down with her knees bent and she tried to fix her skirt .

"Menma and I where close ya know.."

Hinata took her attention off her skirt and to Naruto .

"We used to be inseparable ..... just us and our parents ..... we were happy , then someone entered our world and changed it completely .."

Hinata looked at Naruto in a pained expression , noticing the blonde gave her a reassuring smile.

"It changed but not for the worst ....bin fact the opposite... we were happier."

The Hyuga's eyes widened at his claim and Naruto continued .

"Her name was Hinata, and she was .... well how do a say this....- " he made a troubled face as he scratched his head " ... Spunky?"

Hinata chuckled a but and Naruto joined her , as he reminisced his past.

"She was tough and outspoken... wouldn't take anybody's bullcrap lightly... In other words she was your complete opposite.- " he began to laugh again " while you were everyone's princess she was everyone's witch ... people feared her..ehehehe 😅"

"Although you both look exactly alike."

Hinata made a confused look

"If she and I looked exactly alike then how come you didn't confuse me with her like Menma ?"

"Because I knew it was impossible to see Hinata again. Besides you two are complete opposites ..."

The Hyuga nodded understanding the situation .

"As children Hinata had always had a crush on me while Menma had always had a crush on her... after some years she finally began to face him seriously and Menma was the happiest man ever..."

Naruto turned his head and looked at Hinata in the eye.

"Hinata .... There was a time when he used to smile ... and she was his reason...."

Hinata's eyes widened and Naruro clenched his fists.

"But all good things come to an end ...."