Chapter 10: Day of confessions

Hinata hadn't been to school in 3 days , she was so embarrassed by what had happened in the festival.

Naruto's kiss, his confession , everything she told him , the fact that she hugged him back!!! She didn't know how to face him.

Neji passed by Hinata's room putting his tie on and getting ready for school. He had noticed that Hinata was acting strange so he went inside.

"Still not going to school?"

Hinata quickly turned her head to face Neji.

"Ah n-no I'm still feeling a little s-sick"

Neji looked at Hinata suspiciously and came closer.

"You know , you've been acting strange since the day you went to the festival with Naruto..."

Hinata became red at the memory and looked down trying hard to hide her face.

"S-strange? Ha ha ha, h-how is that?"

Neji smirked a little because he knew that Hinata was hiding something.

"Oh well not only you, but Naruto as well has been acting quite odd, he spaces out , he doesn't talk much, and he keeps asking me when your coming to school..."

Hinata shifted her eyes nervously.

"Sooooo Hinata, is there something your hiding from me?? Eeeyyyy???"

Hinata couldn't stand it anymore , she didn't like keeping things from her cousin.
Before she knew it she told Neji everything that happened.

......................................

" He.......did........what?"

Hinata made a nervous laugh and Neji quickly got up and burtsed the out the door . Hinata ran to her cousin then tackled him down and tried to restrain him.

"He's a dead man! , I'm going to kill Uzumaki!!!!"

"N-Neji! Please calm down!"
They both struggled till finally they gave in and got off each other.

Neji gave Hinata a angry look.

"I bet you enjoyed it didn't you?"

Hinata became crimson red and looked at Neji with a dramatic look of disbelief.

"I-I-I , did no-"

"Save it. I suppose I shouldn't really be all that shocked."

Hinata looked at Neji a bit confused by his words.

"What do you mean by that?"

Neji widened his eyes and quickly looked at his wrist .

"Would you look at the time!"

Hinata have Neji a suspicious look.

"What time ? You have no watch.."

Neji laughed nervously and began to go to the front of the house and put his shoes on.

" Neji.... what are you hiding from me?"

"O-oh Hinata it's getting late I should get going"

"But it's still early and you haven't eaten any breakfast...."

Hinata stared at Neji still suspicious of his odd behavior. she then put her hand on his shoulder and told him to wait.

She quickly went to her room and put her uniform on. then she stormed to the front of the house , took Neji by the arm and went out.

..............................

They walked to school in silence Hinata still looking at Neji in suspicion .

"Oh alright I'll tell you!"

Neji then explained to Hinata about how he had encouraged Naruto to go after Hinata as long as he was serious, and how he had already told Naruto about what happened with Sasuke and Itachi which explained why Naruto had known about Itachi and Sasuke without Hinata telling him.

"Neji! Why would you do that?!?!"

" well Naruto asked me if I had known who they were and the conversation got deeper."

"Of god he must think I'm some kind of slut !"

"He would never think that ...... besides from what he told you I think you should know that by now."

Hinata and Neji were now right in front of the school. Hinata played with her fingers nervously and faces the ground.

"C'mon everyone has been asking for you..... especially you know who."

They entered the school and Hinata slowly claimed the stairs. Neji became exasperated by how long she was taking that he grabbed her wrist and hey speeded up the stairs.

"N-Neji!!! Let go!"

"Hinata?"

Hinata looked to her side and saw Naruto with Shikamaru , Choji, and Sai . She felt her face turn completely red .

"H-hey"

Naruto's face became red as well and he walked toward Hinata.

"C-can we talk in private?"

Hinata made a shocked face then nodded , Neji gave Naruto a glare .

"Don't go trying anything Uzumaki"

Naruto gulped and gave Neji a nervous laugh. then they both walked to the back of the building.

..............................................

"S-so ......"

Hinata looked down at her feet . Naruto frowned a little because she wouldn't look at him in the eye.

"Hinata...." Naruto lifted Hinata's chin to face him up.

Hinata noticed that his face was flustered but determined.

"W-what is it?" She shifted her eyes still looking at the ground.

Naruto grew irritated then cupped her cheeks.

"Will you stop looking away and face me?"

Hinata grew as red as a tomato then.....

BRINNNGGGG

The bell rang to indicate that class had started.

"T-that's the bell let's -"

Naruto pulled Hinata from her wrist stopping her from taking another step.

"No we haven't even talked"

"B-but-"

"Hinata when I kissed you did you feel anything? Because if you did I need to know .... please tell me if there is any hope "

Hinata grew wide-eyed by the blondes words.

"N-naruto? What do you me-"

"I'm in love with you!"