Chapter 38: Still my other half

*suggested to play video for music effect*

Song: servant of evil

Originally by : Ren kagamine (vocaliod)

Piano cover by: Umi no kami

........................

"You cannot ignore him Naruto... I understand it hurt about what he did to you but...you can't let go of someone so important in your life."

Naruto looked up at Hinata as he stopped crying.

" and why not?! He killed my parents! My friend! My family! Those three were all we had and because of his greed it's over!"

Hinata could see the pain the blonde contained for so long.

"But you still love him don't you?..."

Naruto's eyes went wide ...

"Naruto it's you and me and Hinata! No one else! We will all make it and make a big mark in this world! We will all be happy! Right?"

"right,Big brother!"

The blue eyed teen's heart stung.

" I still can't trust him after what happened...it's hurts too much."

Hinata nodded

"You don't have too, things like those take time...however , that doesn't mean you have to forget about him ... He is still your brother."

Naruto looked down then sighed. The two stood up after a while and left the roof top together.

....................................

"that doesn't mean you have to forget about him ... He is still your brother."

The blonde looked at the clock in his room it was already 3 in the morning and he still didn't feel sleepy. Thoughts filled his mind. His past once again stuck to him.

Feeling so fixated on his apartment he went out to clear his head. As he walked he noticed that it was beginning to get chilly. Winter was right around around the corner.

The blonde sat in a swing from a nearby park then looked up at the night sky and closed his eyes.

"Naruto!"

"Naruto come over here"

"Naruto!"

"Naruto!"

The Uzumaki bolted up form his seat in a fright then looked to his side to find a black hair and pair of eyes staring back at him.

"Menma.."

Menma looked at his brother for a little then sighed and sat next to the swing that Naruto was sitting on.

"Wow the night sky is nice... Almost like that time we went to the mountains with Hinata remember?"

The blonde looked done at Menma then hesitantly sat back down on the swing.

" what are you doing here?..."

"Well I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a walk."

"You know that's not what I mean..."

Menma laughed a little as they both continued to look up at the dark sky.

" I told you .. Jiriya sent me back."

" Ok .. Now tell me the truth then."

The blonde ceased to look up and turned toward Menma. Menma smiled sadly but didn't look at Naruto.

"Do you remember , the day that mom and dad weren't home . And we heard a noise come outside so we hid under the bed for coverage."

Naruto gave Menma a confused look unsure why he was mentioning this now.

"You were so afraid so I decided to go outside myself and have a look. You cried for me not to go.."

Naruto felt a sweat drop form his forehead.

Damn I was a sissy when I was a kid !

"You said I couldn't leave and when I asked why you said :"

"Because you're my only brother I have ! There is not point in you're not around! We were born into this world together! So we are gonna die in this world together!"

Naruto's eyes grew wide.

"I was so happy when I heard that ... At that time was when I realized that you were everything I wanted to protect... All of you.......but I failed you didn't I ?"

Menma looked down then turned to Naruto and smiled at him with tears falling from his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Little brother .......I'm so sorry that I Killed mom, dad, and Hinata... I'm so sorry that I took away the only family we had... I'm so sorry for being such a bad big brother ..."

Naruto felt tears falling down at Menma's sad an apologetic face.

"I'm sorry for not protecting you"

Naruto looked down and gritted his teeth in frustration .

"WHY! WHY DID YOU STEAL THAT GEM?! AND IF YOU HAD IT THEN WHY DIDNT YOU GIVE IT TO THEM?! "

"Because I thought hat by hiding the gem I was protecting the village!"

Naruto looked at Menma in shock.

"What are you talking about?..."

Menma looked down and clenched his fists.

"Before we end to the sound. I was stopped by Mizuki sensei...."

"Mizuki?..."

"Yes.....he told me that if I stole the gem then I was protecting the village and you guys... He said I couldn't tell anyone because it was top secret.."

Menma's tears were now flowing uncontrollably .

"BUT I WAS TRICKED! HE USED ME SELFISHLY AND BECAUSE OF HIM I LOST MY PARENTS AND THE ONLY PERSON IVE EVER LOVED!"

Naruto looked at his brother and felt his heart stop.

"I know I was an idiot I'm so-"

"I'm so glad!"

Menma stopped and looked at his younger twin in complete shock.
Naruto was now on his knees with his hands on his face crying.

"I'm so glad this was all a misunderstanding ! Although we can't get Hinata and our parents back... I can now sleep at ease knowing this..."

Menma looked down. And felt tears falling form his eyes when he heard his precious younger brother speak the words he had so much missed.

"You're still my other half after all."

................................