Chapter 50: Choose

"I'll leave....."

.

.

.

The Uchiha main family and the Hyuga main family found themselves in the meeting room once again .

"What is it you've called this meeting "for Hiashi asked still a bit concerned for Sasuke .

The youngest Uchiha remained silent for a while then looked up at his father and father-in-law.

"I will leave the clan as it was originally planned . I won't have any contact with the clan members or anyone affiliated with this clan . I will give all my rights and responsibilities to Itachi as it should be.....and I will also ..."

Hiashi and Fugaku stared at the young man not knowing what to say. Itachi remained silent and wore a poker face the entire time as though not affected.

While Hinata.....

"I will also give up my last name as Uchiha and give my fiancée to my older brother and never have any contact with her ."

The beautiful Hyuga stared at Sasuke with wide eyes. She felt weird -dizzy was it? No...uneasy?

Hiashi looked at Sasuke utterly shocked and taken aback by his statement . He didn't understand...didn't he love Hinata?

"Sasuke....are you...are you serious? D-didn't you ...t-to Hinata.."

"No.." Sasuke interrupted Hiashi before he finished "I just wanted my inheritance. However it seems since Itachi is back I'm not going to get it so I see no point in fighting for it."

"Brother just promise me one thing please."

"I honestly never intended on taking care of Hinata much less give her any sort of affection ."

"Give her everything I couldn't .."

"I think it's best that Itachi take my place since..-"

"And never tell her..."

"I don't love her."

"How much I love her."

Hinata looked at the poker faced Uchiha with empty eyes.

"I don't love her."

The Hyuga leader felt his brows furrow.

"I understand."

Everyone turned to look at Fugaku who was silent the whole time.

"However....I can't accept it."

Sasuke looked at his father shocked uncertain why he didn't agree.

"I'm sorry Sasuke but I cant accept your resignation , you both have become eligible to become the leader of the Uchiha so I want to keep my options open."

"But father!" Itachi interrupted.

"I've made my decision." Fugaku looked at his younger son. "Sasuke stay here for one last month, if you decide to leave even then.....then I will let you. But until that time comes, you are not allowed to leave this household."