Chapter 17: Clashing emotions

*suggest to play the video for music effect *

"S-S-Sasuke?!?"

Hinata managed to mutter out. She watched in complete terror as the person that had been her biggest curse yet greatest blessing kneeled in greetings to her father and father-in -law.

Sasuke lifted his face and looked at both of them, then their hands. Hinata unconsciously ripped her hand away from Naruto's.

Naruto shockingly stared at Hinata and Hinata blushed at her obvious mistake.
Sasuke looked at them for a moment then turned his gaze to Hiashi.

"Father-in-law, I am truly sorry for my lateness." Sasuke spoke apologetically and bowed his head to Hiashi.

Hiashi still in complete disbelief merely muttered an "okay."

Fugaku had his arms folded and his eyes closed , then he looked at Hiashi.

"You see Hiashi, my son is here." Fugaku then looked at Sasuke. "it seems like that Namikaze-boy wants to take Hinata from your hands."

Sasuke shot a glance and Naruto and and Hinata. "is that so..." He replied with a blank expression. Hinata grew wide-eyed at Sasuke's meaningless comment and Sasuke didn't seem to care about how shocked she was.

She could sense there was a certain change to him , he seemed so different, and in a sense ...cold.

Sasuke looked at Hiashi then spoke.

"I have arrived sir so what do you intend on doing..... after all...." Sasuke looked at Naruto mockingly. "I am Hinata's rightful fiancée ."

Naruto glared at Sasuke. what was with that look? Who did this guy think he was? "Why you-!"

Hiashi cut off Naruto. "I honestly couldn't tell you." everyone looked at Hiashi surprised except for Sasuke , he kept a poker-face.

"Sasuke you know very well of your mistakes ...however you've come back and that pact with the Uchiha is most certainly not meaningless, on the other hand, my daughter has found someone that can also offer a bright future to the Hyuga..... so in that case..."

Everyone looked at Hiashi anxious of what he'd say next.

"Hinata, I give you till you become 18 to make your decision.... until then things will remain the way they are , with Sasuke still being your fiancée , so Naruto and your relationship will be momentarily cancelled..."

Hinata looked at Hiashi in shock . "but fa-!"

"I have made my decision Hinata !"

Hinata cringed at the stern reply , but she knew once her father made a decision there was no talking him out of it.

Sasuke made a slight smirk and prepared to stand and exit the room but Hiashi stopped him.

"Sasuke, you are going to Konoha high school am I correct?"

Sasuke nodded his head.

"If that's the case then , the engagement between you and Hinata is to be kept an absolute secret, if anyone is to ask of this engagement , your are to deny it, am I clear?"

Sasuke slightly furrowed his eyebrows but quickly changed back into his poker-face. Fugaku made an angered look and was about to disapprove however Hiashi stopped him before he could even comment.

"Don't even think about it Fugaku, I will not change my mind. I do not want Hinata's decision to be influenced by others opinions, this decision all depends on Hinata, Sasuke, and Naruto. We are not to interfere."

Fugaku stayed silent , then got up, bowed and stormed out the room. Sasuke slowly stood and looked at Hiashi.

"May I be excused?"

Hiashi nodded and Sasuke walked toward the door Hinata and Naruto were in front of, for his room was a across from Hinata's .

Naruto looked at Sasuke as he walked toward them , he gave him a death glare and Sasuke followed.

Hinata just stood there looking to the floor. Where had all her courage gone? She painfully asked herself. She then noticed how incredibly close Sasuke's body was to hers and quickly looked up . His pale face and beautiful features were inches away from her face. She looked into his onyx colored pupils that could easily suck her in. Broad shoulders were up to up to Hinata's face , he had grown very tall. His kimono slightly exposed his neck causing his milky skin to lighten in the sun rays . the cloth perfectly outlined his toned muscles, and his scent intoxicated Hinata as his face went lower , growing closer and closer to Hinata.

Swishhhhhhhhhhh

Sasuke slid the door behind Hinata, causing her to jump from her trance.

"Excuse me." Sasuke said causing Hinata to quickly move to the side and let him through. He left the room glancing back, then again moving forward.

It was now only Hiashi, Naruto, and Hinata in the room and the silence was heavy.

" You both understand right?" Hiashi spoke apologetically .

Hinata looked down ashamed of herself and Naruto just stared at Hinata with yearning in his eyes. He then looked toward Hiashi and nodded.

"This doesn't change anything Hyuga-sama. I still love Hinata and I won't give up."

Hinata looked at Naruto shocked , then Naruto bowed and looked at Hinata signaling her to do the same. Hinata bowed then Naruto grabbed her wrist and they exited the room.