Chapter one: The past

Hinata was the heiress to the Hyuga clan which meant she was inclined to eventually become engaged to an eligible bachelor. Together, they would protect and create a more advanced clan. For the better of the clan Hinata's father, Hiashi Hyuga, decided to join forces with another influential clan in Konoha, the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha were an elite clan with a visual Jutsu that surpassed that even of the Byakugan, the Hyuga's visual Jutsu.

The "Sharingan" was it's name and Hiashi knew that if the Byakugan and Sharingan were joined together, this would create an invinsible clan no outsider could threaten.

Hinata had already known that she would be betrothed to a son of the Uchiha, she had already been told even though she was currently only seven years old. As tradition had it, the eldest child of clan had to be wed with the eldest of the other; which meant that Hinata would marry Itachi Uchiha.

It couldn't make Hinata any happier , she had grown up with both Itachi and Sasuke- the youngest of the Uchiha clan. Since she was told before that she would marry Itachi, she had developed a crush on him already.

Despite the situation in which the engagement came to be, Itachi had grown to deeply care for Hinata. They were both still children, however, he knew one day she would grow to be a great young woman.

Sasuke, who matched Hinata in age, also grew feelings for the fair-skinned Hyuga. However, knowing Hinata would one day be married to his beloved brother; he only kept these feelings deep within his heart.

..............................

As she grew from a seven to a ten-year-old, her love for the young Itachi grew more evident. He was admirable, intelligent, and gentle. Though he was only 13, he already accomplished more than any other adult in his clan.

He was a true prodogy and brought envy to many- including his younger brother. However, more than envy, Sasuke felt admiratiom for Itachi.

It was true that he wished to be in Itachi's shoes, but he knew no one else was worthy of that position other than Itachi himself. No one else was more worthy to be his dear Hinata's fiancé and Hinata didnt want anyone else....

"Itachi..." Hinata whispered in her sweet and soft voice, before gripping onto the cloth of his cloak. " d-do you like m-me?"

Itachi stared at Hinata blank eyes and shock visible in his face. He took a moment to think before responding and then leaned over a bit to look Hinata in the eye.

"I think 'like' has many different meanings and we are both too young to understand them right now. But, in the future..."

Itachi tapped Hinata's forehead and gave her a warm smile.

"Let's find out all those many meaning together. "

Thought his response was vague and dodgy Hinata didnt care. Of in the future he promised to give her a response then she was more than willing to wait.

Skipping to her room, the indigo- haired heiress was stopped by a little Sasuke standing across from her with his head facing the floor.

"Sasuke?"

Sasuke looked up and Hinata noticed that his face seemed deflated and gloomy.

"H-Hina I know you like my brother because he's your fiancée ...but I was wondering....Would that mean that you'd like me if I was your fiancée instead?" His words came out as stutters.

Sasuke knew that Hinata was his brother's fiance but there were times when the child wondered these things.

Hinata was so taken aback by that sentence and she couldn't say anything in return but simply look at Sasuke in a blank look .