“Piper,” Liam sat up and grasped my hand. “You have every right to say no. Sooki shouldn’t have put a guilt trip on you.”

  “She didn’t,” I defended. “She’s freaking out, Liam.”

  “I can imagine being knocked up does that to a person,” he muttered.

  “I have to go,” I said softly.

  “Do you want to go?”

  I thought about that for a minute. I absolutely wanted to go…..but I hated to leave. “I don’t wanna leave you.”

  Liam gave me an exasperated look. “Piper,” he scolded. “I think I can take care of myself.”

  I shook my head. “It’s not that….” I sighed. “This whole thing….you and me…it’s just so new. I don’t wanna leave for that reason.”

  Liam frowned. “What’re you trying to say exactly? Cause I know you can’t be worried that I would cheat on you.”

  “No!” I said quickly. “God, no, Liam. I’m not that insecure. I know you love me and would never do that. That’s not what I’m saying at all.”

  He waited patiently for me to actually say what I was trying to say.

  I sighed heavily. “I got accepted into the University of Phoenix.”

  He nodded. “I know. You told me that months ago.”

  “College starts the end of August.”

  Liam didn’t say anything for a long, excruciating minute. “Is that what you want?”

  This was somehow worse than him being any kind of pissed at me. He was awfully calm, and yet I could see the panic just behind his eyes. “I don’t know. Maybe,” I said softly.

  He nodded, standing up. “Well, let me know what you decide.”

  “Liam…”

  He raised a brow.

  “What if I went? To the University of Phoenix,” I said. “What would that mean for us?”

  Liam ran his hand through his disheveled hair, sighing. “It means I’d still be here if you came back. Piper, I don’t wanna hold you back. If Phoenix is where you wanna be, then be there.”

  “You’re not holding me back,” I insisted. “I just….I don’t know what I want.”

  “I can’t decide that for you, darlin’. Piper, you know me. Do you think I would ever hold it against you if you wanted to stay in Phoenix?”

  I shook my head, a lump rising in my throat. “But I wish you would. I wish you would just give me an ultimatum that way I’d be forced to decide.”

  Liam sighed, sitting down beside me once again. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me against him. “I’m through with the ultimatum thing. Look how well it turned out for me last time.” He chuckled softly at that. “Piper, you know I’ll always be here.”

  I nodded. “I know. Your heart is here; in Tennessee.”

  He grasped my chin gently, making me look up at him. “My heart is with you,” he said softly.

  My breath hitched. “I wish you would yell at me instead,” I whispered miserably, burrowing my face in his shoulder.

  “I’d never yell at you about something like this, duchess.”

  I gave him a faint smile. “You’re way too good for me. And if you argue I will pinch.”

  He laughed. “I’m not scared of your pinches.”

  “I’ll make my mind up. I promise,” I said softly.

  “Take all the time you need.” Liam kissed the top of my head.

  What was I worried about again?

  All I had to do was do some research on Columbia State Community College. Everything was going to be okay. I just had to figure out what I would miss in the University of Phoenix. If the list was great, well….Liam was always here.

  Everything was going to be okay.

A/N If it’s confusing and choppy, it’s kind of s’posed to be. This is the thing about your mind; it wanders and changes constantly. Just four more chapters left!!! I’m kinda happy about that, but then sad. So guys, predictions? I mean, I am wrapping it up with a nice pretty bow….right? What to think, what to think?! You’ll figure it out soon enough.

VOTES?

COMMENTS?

TTFN,

Hannah

P.S I think y’all are really gonna like this next chapter.