You're In Love With Him

“So, was Kyle pissed you took off?”

  I sighed tragically. “I dunno. You tell me.”

  Lulu snorted. “How the hell should I know?”

  “Gee, I dunno. Cause you live with him?”

  “Sheesh, someone’s got a biting tone today.”

  I was having a biting tone. The weekend pretty much passed in a blur, being as though I was sleeping most of the time to avoid Kyle’s persistent calls. He left messages, of course, but I deleted them all. On top of major PMSing—it happens to the best of us—I’d kind of been a little freaked out since the house party. Talking to Liam, being that close to him…..it stirred some things inside of me that I’d been shoving away. I didn’t realize how I achingly missed him until Tanya dragged him away from me.

  I was almost glad she did. Even though it lasted less than five seconds, who knew what would have happened when we had both stood up? At that point, I think I might have let him do anything; if that meant I’d just have my Liam back.

  I let my cheek rest against the cafeteria table, sighing miserably. “I’m sorry. I’m just in a bitchy mood lately.”

  “No need to beg, darlin’,” Lulu said with a resigned sigh. “I’ll be at your house with junk and movies right after school.”

  I frowned. “Just as long as we don’t watch any other crappy movies like the Black Swan.”

  She made a face. “Eww, no! An hello, I apologized for that a million times!”

  Natalie Portman’s acting was exceptional in the movie; I even liked Mila Kunis. The story plot was pretty cool, too, I suppose. I dunno….I guess I could have lived without Natalie touching herself all the time or her scene with Mila—illusion or not, it was awful; which was why I took a very long bathroom break.

  I smiled and shrugged. “If you want to come over, you can. But I’m warning you, it might not change my mood.”

  Lulu shrugged. “Oh well. I’ll take my chances. Then again…..perhaps Tangled would brighten your mood.”

  I laughed softly. “That is true. I could use some Flynn action.”

  Flynn—or Eugene; personally I liked both names on him—was my new favorite Disney hunk; which was saying something because I was pretty infatuated with Naveen. Tangled was my all time favorite now. Mother Gothel beat Ursula in the villain song—it gave me chill bumps!—Rapunzel beat Belle’s awesome personality by a mile, and the two animals totally kicked Sebastian and Flounder’s asses.

  “It’s settled, then,” Lulu decided, pulling out her notebook and a pencil. “I’m gonna bring all my Disney princess movies and we’ll watch them.”

  “Well, you gotta toss in Swan Princess and Thumbelina, too. Even though they’re not Disney, they still count.”

  “True. Very true.”

  I watched, very closely, as Lulu paused in her writing, her bright eyes averting from the page to one Cameron Stewart. He was the guy she’d been gazing helplessly at for, like, ever. He was pretty cute, too, I guess. Curly-ish copper hair, pale brown eyes, tall, striking football bod…. And a gentleman, so it seemed. I never saw any such signs of assholeness.

  I rolled my eyes. “Ahem.”

  Startled, Lulu quickly looked back at me, her cheeks slightly flushed. “Sorry. What?”

  I laughed and nodded toward Cameron. “Why don’t you ask him out? Or at least put yourself out there.”

  Lulu’s cheeks brightened and she looked down, suddenly very interested in her list making. “Oh…..no. I’m, uh….yeah….no.”