Missed Me, Missed Me

“Oh my God, I can’t believe you did that!” Lulu squealed excitedly after I got done telling her about the Country Boy show. “You’re like the coolest person I know. I think. I don’t ride horses.”

  That was when the Bitch decided to waltz right over, one hand balancing her food tray, the other on her hip. “Heard the best you won at the show Saturday was third place. An by the way,” she leaned in as if she were telling some big secret. “That was one of the easiest shows there is.”

  I folded my hands in front of me, smiling politely. “Really? How many classes did you enter?” I knew for a fact she wasn’t there.

  Tanya snorted, giving all her friends a silent laugh. To me, she scoffed, “I don’t ride.”

  “The hell you don’t!” Lulu said loudly.

  “And what’s that supposed to mean?” Tanya snorted venomously.

  “Well,” Lulu swallowed the indescribably cafeteria food I had skipped out on. She was unafraid to brave the food, though. “You’re going out with Todd Zuckerman, aren’t you?”

  “Yeah….”

  Lulu gave me this sly grin and I knew the exact direction of her thoughts. “Well, there you have it. You do ride.”

  Tanya’s mouth hung open and her tribe of followers gave low mutters of disgust on Lulu’s part. “Are you suggesting that I—”

  “Yes I am. Now go away.” When Tanya didn’t move, Lulu looked up at her challengingly, flicking her fingers. “Go on, shoo, shoo.”

  I was surprised when Tanya stalked off without a word. I leaned forward, “How did you do that?”

  Lulu grinned widely. “Total blackmail.”

  I gasped dramatically. “What’s your dirt?”

  “This weekend, Tanya met Kyle at a party.”

  “Gasp!”

  Lulu nodded. “Yeah, an she totally didn’t know he was my brother. So he brings her home, cause my parents are out to dinner at a friend’s house. An I come out of my room to get some of these awesome cookies I made an they’re making out on the couch.”

  “Gross.”

  “I know, right?! Anyway, Tanya says she has to ‘freshen up’ but really she goes to my room and threatens me not to tell anyone. I say ‘Whatever, dude, just do your thing an get outta my house’. So she’s about to leave when she says, ‘I have a boyfriend. This kinda news would ruin me…’ So I’m like, ‘Whatever, I don’t care’. An now she’s afraid to even look at me!”

  I give Lulu a dog. “You’re officially the coolest person I know.”

  Lulu brushes her knuckles on her shoulder. “I know, I know. No, save the applause!”

  So then I couldn’t help but ask, “So did she leave with or without any?”

  “Jealous?” she teased.

  “Insanely,” I teased back, rolling my eyes. That’s all Kyle needed, my pretend jealousy. Tanya could have him. They deserved eachother.

  Lulu made a face and nodded. “Definitely with. My brother has no common courtesy. Thank God Nate was asleep. Even my Ipod couldn’t drown them out.”

  “Oh, God, I’m so sorry!” Already the mental picture in my head was making me wanna vomit. “At least you came out with something, though.”