Chapter 31 Dilli Wali Complication

Start from the beginning

"Dilraj? King of the heart? Haye (oh my)! Heart surgeon at that! That's so great!" I said, happy for her. Rahul had more of an opposite reaction as me.

"Preet?!" someone yelled downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back. Turning back to everyone, I said, "I better go." I turned to his parents, "Nice meeting you." His parents grinned at me and nodded. Feeling still embarrassed at everything, I quickly left.

[Rahul's P. O. V.]

Di left soon too. I finished talking to my parents who were finally back together. They were happy with mine and di's choices. I had yet to check di's choice.

After ending the Skype call with them, I checked my email real quick. Abhik handled the business while I was here and sent an overwhelming amount of messages regarding every little thing.

After replying to him, I noticed my spam box having over a thousand emails. Preet. I accidentally opened it. Surprisingly, the most recent messages were from piyalidev@mail.com.

Piyali?

Checking the message, I was taken aback. She had attached a file along with a small message: Full recording of what happened.

I didn't have headphones, so I saved the messages. Piya must also be feeling bad. Preet had mentioned about her being mad at Piya. I sent a quick email to Piya saying: If you want forgiveness, show up to Preet's cousin's--Lovedeep's--wedding.

I closed the email and hoped Piya to show up.

Let's let bygones be bygones.

[Preet's P. O. V.]

Downstairs, people crowded around--eating, dancing, talking. Bebe was singing along with the song "Baby Doll." She replaced Baby with Bebe. I helped around for a little bit.

I spotted Drishti and her relatives standing with Lovely. Begrudgingly, I joined them. Daisy and I needed a talk. I wanted to rip out my hair when I saw Radhika di and Rahul come behind me.

When Rahul saw the horrible people, he kept himself collected. "Shruti, hi," he said politely. "Heard a lot about you."

She smiled. "Mr. Khurana." He nodded, surprised. "I was at your Florida conference." I kept my eyes down. She didn't see me there, did she? "You're very motivating and inspiring." Kiss up. "It would be fantastic if our companies did some projects together." I couldn't identify the fantastic part in that.

"We shall see." Rahul gave a safe answer. "For now, our project to unite you and Lovedeep."

"Sehaj--the girl Lovely's arranged to marry--hasn't talked to her parents. They haven't said anything, yet," Radhika di informed.

"We can't wait for her," Shruti said, "she might've backed out. Let's talk to your family." She took Lovely's arm. "They have to say yes to us. We have been living together for the past two years. They can't let you marry someone else!"

"Live-in relationship, Lovely?" I asked shocked. Everyone else acted like it was no big deal. In this villager family, it was. Lovely uneasily nodded. "Were you out of your mind? Bibi won't let you marry her if she hears this!" She wanted a very traditional grand daughter-in-law.

"Oh-so-old-fashioned family," muttered Shruti.

"Much better than your oh-so-modern family." I couldn't help myself.

"Excuse me?" Shruti said narrowing her eyes at me. She let go off Lovely. "What do you mean?"

"Preet." Rahul's warning tone made me stop. Lovedeep stared at me. Radhika di put her hand on my arm and gestured me to drop it. I crossed my arms and pursed my lips.