"Niall, look who's stealing our pizza." Zayn laughed, seeing me about to eat the slice.

"It's my birthday, I do what I want." I said. I didn't hear myself saying those words in years. Did I ever say those words anyway?

Harry's POV

My body felt better, as the medicines I was given worked fast. The pain still triggered me by time however, I couldn't be any better. With the hours I spent in the room, I found myself mentally debating about some many subjects. I even started regretting for yelling at Evelyn. I realized she lost her vengeful state of mind to a sympathetic side. I must address her apologies.

I got up from the bed and instantly, the nurse broke into the room. Her presence made me feel like I was weak, as if I didn't own control of my body anymore. I could walk, after hours of boring sleep, but that was it. I could only walk.

The door was closed, there was no one inside and my head pounded hard. When I left my apartment by motorbike, I didn't realize how tired I still was. The ache kept on stinging me on my trip to the point that I left my engine in a parking and took a taxi.

There I was, in front of this door, calling Angelica for the thousand times in a couple of days. At every call, the sound of her voice asking to leave a message after the beep. I left long, short, sad, mad words... It maddened me how she never picked up my calls. At least, I could hear her small voice and that was the only thing that kept me going.

Beaten by the tiredness and my pitiful state, I let myself fall on the floor between the wall and the door. For a thousand time, I dialed her number. But I fell on the answering machine.

"Styles?" Evelyn asked. Even though I didn't see her, I knew it was her from the way she called me. Only she called me Styles.

"Hi." I said, looking at her.

My first plan was going to Angie's old apartment. However, the caretaker, a good friend of her parents, told me she was gone. She left Manchester for the Cornwalls with her father in the morning. Then, fearing the annoying moment spent in my apartment and the smell of all the painkillers, I realized I didn't want to go home.

A smile was plastered on her face, but it half-faded away when I confirmed it was me. She brought many bags from prestigious boutiques. However, when she approached, I could smell the alcohol.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you for an hour, now." I said, trying to get up but failed miserably.

"I mean, aren't you in bed?" She asked, raising her voice.

"As you can see, I'm not."

"Go home, you look like a zombie." She grumbled, pointing the lift with her finger. But I laughed at her coldness.

I attempted to get up a second time and finally succeeded. Evelyn looked at me with lack of comprehension and I could understand that the coldness in her voice was due to the surprise of seeing me. She never knew how to react to surprises, so she ended up acting unemotionally.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I bitterly said, looking into her eyes.

"Great, but for what?" Her eyes deepened down into my eyes to make me uncomfortable. She dared me but that wouldn't stop me from replying with assurance.

"For accusing you for everything the last days."

"Apologies accepted." She mumbled, brushing past me.

I felt the fake in her voice, anyone would feel how bitter she sounded.

She placed herself in front of the door but before opening, she shoved her hand into her bag, seeking something.