Chp 12 - Frank's POV

Start from the beginning

"You!"

Frank watched as Percy took a involuntary step back.

"You are coming with me! Now"

Frank was ready to call both of them when Percy bolted, with Reyna on his chase. Frank sighed

What were you planning to do?

Talk to them, see if they were my friends.

You mean, like you're inside my body, maybe your friends were inside theirs? What if they weren't? What do you think was going to happen?

I don't know, maybe they could help us somehow.

Regina is... I don't know, regal? She is like the queen from this school. Not the slutty, empty, popular and arrogant type. She really is a queen, and keeps everything running smoothly. Being the president of the student council, she has the power to fix anything, solve any quarrel. You can talk to her if you have a problem and she'll help you, as long as you aren't in her bad side. Peter is okay, I guess. More than okay, to be true.

You know him?

Yes, we're together in some classes last year. He is a nice guy. And his mom is really sweet.

You met his mom?

We did a few assignments together. The teacher said we could pick our own partner and I was going to be alone. Peter left his friend and stood by my side. The other guy was going to be alone, so the teacher allowed him to join a pair. Maybe he'd allow me to join a pair too if I ended up alone, but it was nice to have a partner that chose to be with me, and not had to, just because a teacher said so.

It sounds like Percy.

Flashback over, back to present

Frank was hating himself for not think. He knew he was fat and clumsy again. He knew Felix tried out for the football team just a few months ago and failed. For the fifth time in a row. He knew that the football team picked on him because of that, almost daily. Then WHY was he wandering in the hallway of their locker room, right after football pratice? He'd had see this coming. So why didn't he?

No need of fear. They are just mortals, not monsters.

I disagree, they are monsters.

Frank looked over to the players laughing at him, and tried to block what they were saying, but wasn't very successful.

Yes, they are.

He looked down and was beginning to retreat when a girl's voice echoed through the hallway.

"There you are! I was worried I wouldn't hear from you so soon. Did you get what I asked?"

He looked up and saw a girl with feathers on her ears, hands on her hips and a scowl on her face, standing in front of the jocks. Then she winked to him. He breathed in relief.

Piper.

Is she your friend? Is she like you?

"Huh... yes, I did, that's why I'm here. Bree said I would find you here and I came to let you know it's all ready, everyone is just waiting for you."

"Good, so let's not waste any more time. Come! Bye, boys!"

She waved to the team standing behind her. When the boys dispersed, Frank saw a blonde guy standing there among them. Jason mouthed "I'm sorry" and Frank nodded at him, right before Piper grabbed him by his arm and dragged him along the hallway.

When they're out of earshot and eyesight, Piper let go of him and asked:

"Frank?"

"Hi, Piper"

She hugged him very tightly: "Oh, gods, it's so good to see you!"

He hugged back, it was really good to see a friend.

She let go and looked in his eyes with a hint of pity.

"I'm so sorry about what happened back there."

"No, it's okay, I should have know..."

"It's all Jason's fault!"

Frank was taken aback by so much anger in her voice.

"How was that his fault?"

"I had a plan. Everything was going to work, he would take the blonde one, and when this distracted the team, I would knock the two ones standing in front of me and so on. It was beautiful, and flawless. Annabeth would be proud."

Who's her parent?

Aphrodite, goddess of love.

She shouldn't, you know, spread love?

"I appreciate the thought, Piper. And Felix is a little surprised that you're not spreading love like a child of Aphrodite should do."

"Well, Felix, the thing is, I love my friends, so if someone mess with any of them, they mess with me. And you don't want to mess with me. I was ready to knock each one of those stupid jocks down, but I needed Jason to distract them. But I think he was a little too shocked with your presence there, Frank."

Frank sighed: "My presence or my appearance?"

Piper's smile's apologetic: "Both, I think. I was a little surprise myself. How did that happened?"

"I'm guessing Venice didn't happened."

"Ah... that would make sense."

"So... Jason is in the football team?"

She smiled like she was trying very hard not to laugh.

"Yeah, he is. I told him he would be a jock."

Jason's the blonde one who was looking at us?

Yes.

He is the captain of the team, not only a member.

...I can't say I'm really surprised. After all, he's a good leader, even if not that roman.