I plopped on Liam’s bed, stretching comfortably. At least I hoped I looked comfortable. Really, all I could think was I was laying on Liam’s bed with Liam in the room and no one else was in the house. I know, I know! I’m a terrible person! I don’t need you telling me that. Yet you can’t really shut the mind up.

  I reached for my messenger bag and pulled out the fourth Harry Potter. “Slip it in, Doc.”

  Liam raised a brow before putting the DVD in his DVD player. He was probably the only guy I knew that didn’t have a 40” plasma screen TV. It was just a regular sized flat screen. Somehow, this just added to the vicinity of Liam awesomeness.

  “Now, I must warn you,” I said. “I am wide awake and therefore will scream every time Robert Pattinson’s face comes to screen.”

  “I guess I’ll figure out who that is, then.”

  I sighed. “I wish I had your ignorance. Unfortunately, his ugly face is everywhere. It’s like not knowing who Justin Beiber is.” At Liam’s usual raised brow confusion look, I gasped. “You don’t know who Justin Beiber is?! Damn, now I really wish I had your ignorance!”

  Liam just laughed, lying next to me. “I don’t know a lot of music and movie stuff.”

  “Of course not. You’ve gotta save the world one horse barn at a time.” Suddenly, it was all I could do not to curl up in his side. But I had promised no funny business. With no one home, I knew I couldn’t be trusted. I was surprised I was behaving myself.

  As promised, I screamed when Cedric’s face popped up, covering my eyes. “Ah! The horror! Tell me when it’s over!”

  “Hey, I know that guy.”

  “Like personally?” I snorted, looking at Liam through my fingers. “Why haven’t you killed him yet?”

  Liam gave me this look. “No, don’t be silly. Mads is into the whole vampire thing.”

  “Ewww! You’ve watched Twilight?”

  “Oh, gimme a break, Piper! I don’t watch crap like that! She’s got seven posters of this dude in her room.”

  “Oh, God. Total nightmare. I wouldn’t wanna wake up with Rob’s face brooding at me.”

  Liam glanced back at the screen and grimaced at the sight of Rob. “I don’t understand the appeal.”

  “Neither do I. It’s like Sleepless in Seattle. I don’t get why everyone loves that, either.”

  “Never seen it, but I know what you’re talking about.”

  “It’s so dumb. I hated it. There was nothing between Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. And that little girl who talks in text lingo is so annoying. The whole movie was just irritating.”

  Liam laughed, reaching over to grasp my fingers, eyes still on the screen. “Down girl.”

  He made as if to let go of my hand, but I wouldn’t let him. “Nah-uh, mister. This is mine. I’m keeping it.”

  He glanced at me with a smirk. “What if I need it, huh?”

  “Depends on what you need it for,” I said suggestively. I knew I was breaking my promise, but I couldn’t help it.

  “Well, I don’t know, being as there was a certain promise of no funny business.”

  I groaned. “It was a moment of weakness! Why must you hold it against me?”