Chapter 50: Wise Words from Elliot King.

Should I leave this place for a while to clear my mind ? And by a while I mean more than a month this time. I can't. I can't leave things for Kate like this anymore. I can't show I'm weak anymore. If I have to live without people around me then I will.

I was supposed to head home right now since its 10 pm but instead I stopped at a bar. I sat down and had a drink while scrolling through my phone, "What are you doing here ?", a familiar voice asked, I turn around and I see Elliot and his girlfriend I met in London, "Hey Elliot.", I greeted him, "Jane ? Right ?", I asked, "Yes.", she nodded, "How did the trial go ? I didn't attend the rest of it.", he asked, "Jennifer and Scott are no longer CEO's, no more gatherings, they're on probation, and they are bound to community service.", I told him, he and Jane took a seat next to me and we started talking normally. I was kind of down though.

"Why the gloomy face Rebecca ?", he asked, "Its a long story Elliot.", I told him, "Is it about that guy you were with in London ? Lucas ?", Jane asked, "How did you know ?", I asked her, "We're girls Rebecca.", she smiled, I managed to smile lightly, I sighed, "Yes, it is.", I admitted, "We're all ears.", she told me, "Well, I've known him for so long, we were raised together, sort of. He confessed his love to me a few months ago and then we went on that trip to Europe. We came back, I was kidnapped, I was found, I became stubborn, we fought pretty bad and now we don't talk.", I summarized it all for them, "Why did you fight ?", Elliot asked, "I was avoiding him after the kidnapping, he snapped at me a few days ago and it fired up.", I retorted, "Did he talk to you since then ?", he asked, I shook my head in disagreement, "Nope.", I said, "Well, you should try apologizing, even if its not your fault.", he said, "He started it.", I frowned, "The first to apologize is the bravest.", Jane said, "He doesn't want me talking to him anyways, what's the point ?", I sipped on my juice until I finished it, "Rebecca, I've talked to him at a gathering before, he seemed quite gentle to girls. And I saw how he would look at you and search for you in the crowd. He loves more than his life Rebecca.", Elliot said, I sighed, "Don't give him this treatment Rebecca, don't give anyone that treatment. Scott and Jennifer got what they deserved already and Lucas doesn't deserve that harsh silent treatment.", he added, "When did you become a counselor ?", I joked, he and Jane laughed, "Talk to him Rebecca, he probably misses you loads right now.", Jane patted my shoulder, "Thanks for the talk guys.", I gave Jane a friendly hug and I shook Elliot's hand and I left.

They were right about it all, he doesn't deserve this treatment. If anything, it should be Jennifer and Scott who I should let my anger out on. I wish it didn't end this way.

Writer's Note: Chapter 50! Little do you know Rebs, 'tis not ze end yet mi fictional character :3 So I only have tomorrow as a free day before I pack away my laptop and spend 2 weeks without wifi, I'll try to write as much as possible tomorrow and just pray that procrastination does not take over. Enjoy x