Chapter 24: Promises Kept.

I was ready for Thomas's invitation for the CEO's monthly gathering, he said to wear formal because some surprise awaits us. It wasn't at his house though, it was at a hotel, a fancy one. Luke offered that we leave and come back together, I couldn't argue with him because he insisted, and he can get very persuasive at times. Like there was this time when I didn't want to leave my bed at all and he wanted to hangout, he literally carried me out of my bed and put me in front of my wardrobe to get ready under 10 minutes. But he's a nice guy, the nicest. I was going to wear a red strapless dress but the moment I came out of my room in it and Luke saw me he insisted I wear something that doesn't expose my shoulders, I teased him for that. So, I went back inside and I wore a sapphire blue dress, its only like half an inch above my knees, its sleeves were transparent and until my elbow. It also had a white belt, which I matched with white heels and a white hair band.

I came out of the room and met an awed Luke, "You look beautiful.", he complimented, "Thanks.", I blushed, he smirked, "Lets go.", he gestured to me with his head and he escorted me to his car.

_____________________

We got to the hotel, N.Y. Royal Hotel, and we made our way to the hall we were invited to. "If you see Scott inside don't get nervous, you just come to me or go to Hayden or Thomas, or Andrea or Kelsey or Riley, if you see any of us.", Luke told me, "What if he did what he did the last time ? I was tranquilized.", I reminded him, "After the interview you go straight to either one of us and you stay with us, you don't have to be alone Rebs.", he told me, I nodded, "Okay.", "That's a good girl, lets go in now.", we opened the door to reveal probably the hugest gathering held this year. Every month CEO's compete on which gathering is the best, the biggest, or the most luxurious, "I think Thomas might have out-prepared other CEO's.", I told Luke, "He sure did.", we were in awe, its amazing, almost like we're not even in a hotel or even in New York. "Go to the interview, I'll be waiting by the fountain with Hayden and Thomas.", Luke told me and he left as I attended the press.

_____________________

I finished the interviews and I searched for Luke. As I was on the way to the fountain I was halted by someone, Scott, "Well if it isn't the girl who ruined my career.", he said, "What do you want Scott ?", I fired a death glare at him, "Now, Rebecca, quit the death glares, I am not one bit intimidated by little you. I know you are the one who is profoundly terrified right now.", he smirked, "You will be profoundly sorry if you don't get the hell out of my face right now Scott.", I told him, he scoffed, "What is little you going to do to me Rebecca ?", he got closer, "I can simply do much more than you think I can.", he said, "Leave me alone Scott.", I demanded, he chuckled in a sinister way and he started playing with the tips on my hair, I need a shower after this, "You poor thing, I-", "I invited you here because its a must not so you can harass other girls.", Thomas stepped in just in time, "Calm down Thomas, we just had a little talk.", Scott told him, "She doesn't want to talk to you.", Luke said, "Step aside employee, its a CEO gathering what are you doing here anyway ?", he was belittling Luke and I didn't like it, "He's not a CEO but he sure is better than you at his job.", Hayden was standing up for him, that's more like it, "Stay away from her Scott, or else you will stay away from such gathering by just a word from me to the ministry.", Thomas warned and Scott left, "Thanks guys.", I told them, "I won't have the press report a rape attempt at my gathering, its not happening.", Thomas smiled, "Andrea, Riley, and Kelsey are over there, stick with them and we'll be there with you girls in a bit.", Hayden pointed to a seating area with lavender leather couches.

_____________________

"We saw Scott talking to you, did he do anything ?", Andrea asked, "Thomas, Hayden, and Luke stepped in before he could do anything.", I told them, "Jennifer at 12 o'clock.", Riley muttered, "Hello ladies.", she greeted, we all stayed silent as she took the liberty of inviting herself to sit, 'Little Miss-I-don't-want-to-be-Miserable.', I mentally rolled my eyes and I just looked away, "I'm going to go get a drink.", I stood up and walked away, "Take me with you Rebecca.", Kelsey got up and walked next to me, her baby bump is big now, almost a few weeks before she could have baby Jayden, yup, she is having a boy and she is naming him Jayden. I feel bad for leaving Riley and Andrea alone with Jennifer, but that's what we agreed to before we come here, if Jennifer shows up I start leaving and one person follows, then the others leave later. Jennifer ended up walking away first and headed to her boyfriend, I'm surprised he didn't break up with her after what she did last month, I wouldn't think he would be cheating on her, he is not that type of guys, if anyone could be cheating in their relationship it would probably be Jennifer.

_____________________

"Hey.", Luke greeted, "How are you holding up so far ?", he asked, "I'm managing.", I told him, even though I am still terrified, "Did Jennifer do anything ?", he asked, "She just fired her dirty glares and that was it.", I told him, "Its okay, there's only 2 hours before we can leave, stay strong now.", he assured me. "I'm going to go get a drink.", I told him, "I'll go with you.", Jennifer's boyfriend, Jackson followed next to me, "Hey, I'm sorry about what Jennifer did, she's usually not like that.", Jackson said as we walked to the bar, "Its okay Jackson.", I told him.

We got to the bar and we sat down there and talked a bit, suddenly I heard mutters, "Are you hearing this ?", I asked, he went silent and concentrated well enough to hear anything, "Yea...", he said, I gave him a look as in 'Lets check it out.', and he immediately understood me. We got up and we walked behind the bar, there were some stacked boxes everywhere and there was a dim light in a corner, Jackson and I hid behind some boxes, "Yes baby.", someone said, "I think its Scott, its sounds like him.", I whispered as low as I can to Jackson, "I can't see anyone, who else is there ?", he asked in whispers too, "I'll see.", I peaked up and I listened closely, "You are so sweet Scott, I don't understand how Rebecca could resent you.", this sounds so like Jennifer, I was wide-eyed, "Who is it ?", Jackson whispered, "Leave us from her now Jennifer, just give me that sweet sweet taste of your lips.", Scott told her, Jackson's eyes were ten times wider than mine, he got up, "Jackson no!", I whispered-yelled, he walked in front a bit and I stayed down, "Jennifer ?", he called, I kept peaking from between the boxes stacked around, Jennifer didn't have her dress on and Scott was in his boxers, they just unleashed Jackson's hell, "Jackson ?", she was wide-eyed, "What the hell is this ?", he asked, "Jackson, please, its not what you think ?", she pleaded, "Then what is it Jennifer ? I hear mutters that sound like you and when I check it out its you making out with the same guy who attempted to rape your best friend.", he snapped, "Jackson please.", she pleaded more, "You.", he looked at Scott and before he knows it, Jackson pinned him to the wall and started punching him, "Jackson stop!", Jennifer yelled, I left the place and went to get Luke and the other boys.

I came back 2 minutes later, "Jackson stop it!", Hayden pulled him away, Scott's face was all bruised up and bloody, Jennifer had put her dress on before they came, Jackson was trying to free himself from Hayden and Luke's grip to continue punching Scott but they kept hold until he calmed down right then and there. They let him go, he breathed heavily, "You.", he pointed to Jennifer, "I forgot about what you did last month, plotting a rape with this douchebag, then I find you here making out with him half naked, I don't want to see you again. Ever.", Jackson left in anger, "You two, leave this place, get out of this hall now.", Thomas ordered, there were two security guys who escorted them out without anyone seeing them, "You okay ?", Luke asked, "Yea, I'm fine.", I nodded, "Lets go home.", he told me, "Okay.", I said and we left. I felt bad for Jackson, he was always the nice one, he always talked to me about how much he loves Jennifer and how he wanted to give her the world. He was even planning to propose to her next week on her birthday but I guess its all to waste.

_____________________

"I told you.", Luke spoke, we were in the car heading home now, "What ?", I asked, "I told you no one would dare come near you when I'm around.", he smirked, I smiled, "Its anything for you Rebs.", he said, I blushed like a freak right now, good thing there is no light to show that I was blushing.

Writer's Note: Chapter 24! Lukey Pookey is so cute, poor Jackson /: Anyways, Enjoy it guys x