Chapter 32: It is the East and Juliet is the Sun.

Writer's Note: Just a heads up, this is mostly an All-Lucas POV, Rebecca's POV is at the end of this chapter. Enjoy x

I got out of bed and woke Rebecca up, the first train we take back here is at night and we have to be there by 9:30 pm so we can get to the airport by 11, and its only 11 am, 12 hours to go. An entire day in a different city, and one last gondola ride to the hotel before we head to London. "Rebs wake up, we have to go.", I shook her gently, "5 more minutes.", she groaned, "Come on Rebs.", I shook her again, she groaned more, I rolled my eyes, "Fine, if you won't wake up like this then might as well use my way.", I smirked to myself and I jumped on her pulling her into me and tickling her, "Lucas!", she only calls me that when she is dead serious about something and I am sure she is serious about killing me when she is wide awake. I, however, couldn't help but laugh along with her against-her-will laughs. She jumped out of the bed which had her sitting on the floor and caught a breath while I still burst into laughter, she fired a death glare, "I'm sorry Rebs, you just didn't want to wake up.", I was lying upside down on her bed, she grabbed the pillow next to her and smacked me before I knew it, "Really ?", I chuckled, "I am going to get you for this Luke.", she stood up and prepared her clothes, I chuckled.

________________________

We got ready, had a light brunch and headed to the train station, "Where are we going Luke ?", she asked, "You'll see when we get there, its a surprise.", I told her, "How long is the trip ?", she asked, "An hour.", I told her, "Tell meee!", she yammered, "Nooo!", I yammered in her tone, "You're mean.", she crossed her arms, "And you're nagging too much, now lets go.", I pulled her by the hand and we boarded the train.

We sat in an empty cabin alone and just waited until the train moved, "What's your favorite part in train rides ?", I asked Rebecca, we were sitting across from each other, each one of us next to the window, "Staring into the fields outside and trees.", she smiled, I snatched a picture of her as she spoke and looked out the window, "Really ?", she asked, "You looked so cute I couldn't help it.", I told her, she smiled and blushed.

Halfway through to where I'm taking her, she rest her hand on her bag, her head rested on her knuckles and she slept, she must have slept late, she told me she could barely sleep at night, more like she always turns around and changes sleeping positions, I wonder what could be bothering her. I got up and I gently positioned her body along the bench she was sitting on and I put her bag under her head for support and let her sleep properly, she looks so cute when she sleeps, I've watched her sleep many nights now but I have to say, this was probably the cutest I've seen her sleep.

________________________

We got to our destination and I woke her up gently, "Rebs, wake up, we're here.", I told her, she got up and grabbed her bag and we left the train, next train leaves at 9:30 pm, we have some time.

She entered the bathroom to wash her face and when she came out somehow awake she started showering me with questions, "Where are we ?", she asked, "Rebs, welcome to the beautiful Verona.", I smiled, "Oh.", she said, "Wait, what ?", she snapped, "Verona ?", she asked, "Yup.", I smiled, "We're in Verona ?", she asked again, "Check the greeting sign behind you if you don't believe me.", I pointed to the big sign that said 'Benvenuti a Verona', she looked at it and fixed her gaze at me with a dumbstruck expression, "This was not planned.", she rubbed the back of her head, "Its a surprise Rebs, that's why.", I winked, "Now lets go, you have to see Verona.", I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the train station outside.

________________________

We didn't book a hotel since it was an all-day trip, we would rest at a café here or there or somewhere else. "You hungry ?", I asked her, "Starving.", she proclaimed, I took her to this fancy-not-fancy place for a meal and we rest for a while until I figure out where I will show her around until the last place she would really want to go. "Where are we heading first ?", she asked, "Castelvecchio Bridge.", I told her, "Or Scaliger Bridge, a fortified bridge in Verona, northern Italy, over the Adige River. The segmental arch bridge featured the world's largest span at the time of its construction. It was built by Cangrande II della Scala, to grant him a safe way of escape from the annexed eponymous castle in the event of a rebellion of the population against his tyrannic rule.", I explained to her as I took a bite of this unbelievably good cheese and tomato sandwich, "Luke I'm starting to think you had a good history study before we even set foot in Europe.", she teased, I chuckled, "Nah, I actually know this stuff, History classes in high school might have been a bore to me but I took a richer, more fun history in college.", I told her, "An extra subject ?", she asked, "Yea.", I nodded, "Impressive, I didn't know Lukey was interested in history.", she teased, I just smiled at her.