Chapter 40: So French.

I had breakfast with Luke and after that we went sightseeing, "Alright, Rebs, I am leaving Paris's history in your hands.", he smiled, "I am not stupid in History Luke, but I really enjoyed hearing you recite so many historic facts about the past European cities we've been to.", I smiled back at him, "Alright, start with this.", he pointed tot he gate-like structure, I immediately recognized it, "Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile.", I took French and Spanish in college as extra-classes so spelling things around here was a piece of cake for me, "Rebs speaks French ?", Luke smirked, "Oui monsieur.", (Yes sir) I winked, "Nice.", he smiled, "One of the most famous monuments in Paris. It stands in the center of the Place Charles de Gaulle, originally named Place de l'Étoile, at the western end of the Champs-Élysées. It honours those who fought and died for France in the French Revolutionary and the Napoleonic Wars, with the names of all French victories and generals inscribed on its inner and outer surfaces. Beneath its vault lies the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from World War I.", I explained, "Très bien.", (Very good) Luke said, I smiled, "Vous parlez français aussi ?", (You also speak French ?) I asked, "En effet je fais, mademoiselle.", (Indeed I do, miss.) he winked, "Wow.", I giggled, he laughed along too, "What did you think ?", he asked, "Not only do you speak German, Italian, and Spanish, but also French ?", I frowned with a grin across my face, "You never know Rebs.", he winked again.

______________________

Our next stop was Sacré - Cœur, "Hit me Rebs.", Luke said, "The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris, commonly known as Sacré-Cœur Basilica and often simply Sacré - Cœur, is a Roman Catholic church and minor basilica, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in Paris, France. A popular landmark, the basilica is located at the summit of the butte Montmartre, the highest point in the city. Sacré-Cœur is a double monument, political and cultural, both a national penance for the defeat of France in the 1871 Franco-Prussian War and the socialist Paris Commune of 1871.", I explained, "Lets go Rebs.", he said. We went all the way to the top of the stairs, the view was absolutely breath-taking, sure the view closer from down the stairs is amazing but this... This is beyond amazing, really exquisite.

I told Luke that I will only be doing two sightseeing sites today and that would be it, because being a girl and going to Paris you will definitely drop everything and take shopping over sightseeing, like come on people, its Paris we're talking about when it comes to clothing.

______________________

I dragged Luke to allot of shops with me, in fact, I didn't shop in other cities like I am shopping here, I was saving the best for last, "Didn't you shop in other cities Rebs ?", Luke whined again, "Luke, you put Paris as the last city we go to before heading back to New York, and I kind of saved the best for last in shopping.", I retorted as I went through some cute skirts, "And no, I didn't shop so much in other cities if you recall.", I added, he groaned, I giggled.

______________________

We went back to our hotel room to place the army of shopping bags and arrange some stuff here and there, "You forgot this.", Luke placed a blue bag on the bed next to me, "I don't remember going to that shop.", I narrowed my eyes as I pulled the piece of clothing out of the bag to reveal the absolutely most beautiful black gown my eyes ever scanned, "Oh my God.", I was literally whispering right now, Luke smirked, "Did you buy that for me ?", I eyed Luke, he nodded with a smile, "Luke, this is beautiful.", I was gasping now, "It will look more beautiful if you wore it, but then again you will look more beautiful than it.", he said, I blushed, "What is it for ?", I asked still scanning through the dress, it was plain black, strapless, except for the part from my waist and above, then slowly tracing down to the side of the dress were carvings of blue and gold, "There's a ball going on later in one of the halls here, I got us two tickets for it, its a charity thing though. I thought maybe we could have some fancy time while we're in Paris.", he was still smiling at me, "Be ready by 7.", he winked at me, closed the room's door, and went outside to the living room, I look at the time and its 6:30 pm, "Are you kidding me ?!", I jumped out of the bed and I heard Luke laughing from outside, he knew this, "Not funny Luke!", I yelled from the room.

______________________

I changed into the dress and it fit perfectly, I was still in shock that he got me this dress, its just so beautiful, I almost cried when I first took it out. I took out my black heels and applied some really light make-up, like a lip-gloss and some eye-liner and that was it and my hair flowed down in its natural waves, I only wore a black headband to match the dress. I walked outside and Luke was all suited up, "How did you know my size ?", I asked Luke smiling at him, "I checked one of the dresses you got and when I said I was going to the bathroom I was actually heading to a store next to you and I got this gown.", he said, "You are sneaky.", I told him, he winked at me, "Shall we go now ?", I asked, he grinned at me and let out a soft chuckle, "Not without this.", he took out a black mask with gold carvings by the eye part, my jaw just dropped at the sight, "A gown and a mask as beautiful as each other ? When did you get so sweet Luke ?", I teased, he chuckled, "Come here.", we both got closer, I took my hair to the side and he put the mask on my face and adjusted it from the back since it wasn't a string, but a thing you are supposed to tie, "We shall go now.", he offered his arm to me with a smile and he led me out of the room.

We got to the hall and it was just amazing, it was all lit up beautifully, a buffet was set in the far corner of the room, waiters walked around with mini appetizers and wines, juices, and water glasses. "What is this charity for ?", I asked Luke lowly, "Its for raising money to build a school in the poor areas in Paris, its all for a good cause Rebs.", he retorted, "Nice.", I said.

______________________

We were standing by the window of this hall that overlooked the garden outside, we both had glasses of apple juice in our hands as we just watched people walk around, "It feels weird we don't know anyone.", I told Luke, "Yea.", he retorted, "Rebecca Forde ?", a voice calls behind me, I turn around only to see a familiar face of a blonde girl in a red gown, I frowned, "Is it Lacey Ev-Evans ?", I asked, "In the flesh!", she smiled, "Long time no see!", she pulled me in for a hug, "Its nice to see you.", I smiled at her and hugged her back, Lacey Evans was studying with me in college, she too was a psychiatry major. Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin, and she is French, "Comment allez-vous ?" (How are you doing ?), I asked her, here comes the French conversation all over again, "Je suis génial! Et toi ?" (I'm awesome! And you ?) she asked back, "je le fais bien",(I'm doing great.) I smiled, "When did you come here ?", she asked in an English accent now, if you think she speaks English with some French slang in the middle then you are wrong, she can speak English perfectly, maybe a bit cranky here and there but its still perfect, "I came here a few days ago, I'm on vacation.", I told her, "Oh, this is Luke Porter.", I began, "Luke, this is Lacey, a college friend.", I introduced, "Ravi de vous rencontrer.", (Its nice to meet you) he shook her hands, "Enchanté de vous rencontrer aussi.", (Its nice to meet you too.) she smiled at him, "Rebecca, this is Ivon, he is my date here, "Pleasure.", he shook hands with me and Luke, "English ?", Luke asked, "I am half-French and half-English but I was raised in Manchester.", he explained, "Oh.", we both said.

Lacey and I caught up on some things since college, I haven't seen her in a year nor heard from her. Music started playing and a few couples went into the dance floor, "They're starting the ball.", Ivon told us, Lacey and Ivon both joined in and danced with the others, "Come on.", Luke pulled me by the hand, "No, Luke, I don't know the moves.", I told him, "Its a good thing I do, just follow my lead.", he pulled me into the center and placed a hand on my waist as the other held my hand, I placed my free hand on his shoulder and we danced following his lead, "That's it.", he said lowly, we moved around the place without even hitting anyone or anything, we didn't even mess up, I giggled lightly as I watched our feet move in unison, "Hey.", Luke called, I look at him, "Look at me, don't mind our feet.", he whispered, I gazed into the beautiful blue eyes of his and we still moved perfectly around the room.

______________________

After 10 minutes of waltzing around, there was a slow dance, everyone joined it. I placed both my hands around Luke's neck and he had both his hands on my waist as we moved to the slow music playing, "You dance well.", he complimented, "I didn't even know what I was doing, I just moved to your lead.", I told him, "It was still perfect.", he smiled lightly at me, I smiled back. Without even knowing it I rest my head on his chest and we still moved to the music.

The ball ended and we headed back to our room, I changed into my pjs and so did he and we cuddled to sleep like we do every night.

Writer's Note: Chapter 40! Enjoy it guys x