Chapter 27: 26.

(Rebecca)

So its Luke's birthday today, Hayden told me to keep him out of the company for the entire day, at least until 8 pm tonight, he, Thomas, Jackson, and Matt are arranging him a surprise party at some a bar, and I have to keep Luke away from any bar for the next 7 hours. I entered Luke's apartment and I made my way into his room, if you're wondering how I got into his apartment then he gave me a spare key, I did the same too. I opened his room's door and I sighed, he is still sleeping. I sat on the edge of the bed next to him, "Luke.", I shook him gently, "Luke wake up.", I shook him again, he groaned, I rolled my eyes again and I took out a little party confetti, like the size of a water bottle, "Sorry Lucas, you just have to wake up.", I stood up and I position the confetti container a bit above his head, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCAS! ", I yelled and the confetti exploded making Luke jump out of bed shocked, I just burst into laugher, "You couldn't release that when I was awake ?", he whined, "Its 1 pm Luke, get up.", I told him, "But its my birthday.", he whined again as he stuffed his face into his pillow, "Exactly, get up and get ready, we're going out.", I told him, "Where to ?", he asked, "I don't know, anywhere, now get up before I use the other confetti, I still have another one in my room.", I told him and I heard him get out of the bed and into the bathroom, I smirked and I took a seat on the couch and waited for him.

_____________________

"Where are we going Rebs ?", he asked, "Well, I'm definitely not taking you to a diamond mine, you beat me on my birthday,", I scoffed, he smiled, "So I can only take you around the city to wherever.", I told him, he smiled, "I don't mind that, as long as I'm with you.", I blushed like crazy and he just laughed at it, "You are so adorable Rebs.", we left his apartment and into my car.

You know how some people take their friends to fancy restaurants on their birthdays and dress all too formal and stuff like that ? Well, I don't do that, its a birthday not a business discussion. We ate a diner nearby and God was it so good, Luke actually saw the barbaric side of me in eating, "I never knew Rebecca Forde could eat a burger as big as mine.", Luke chuckled, "Well, there is more to me than meets your eye Lucas, I don't do fancy CEO things that much.", I smiled, "Well its definitely better than having to eat with a fork and knife on your birthday.", he joked, "Where off next ?", he asked, "Hang around Central Park ?", I suggested, "Lets go!", he said and off to the park we go. Only an hour more before I could take Luke to the bar, Hayden even told me to blindfold him, walk him inside, then they would surprise him.

_____________________

(Lucas)

She is just the sweetest, she didn't take me to a diamond mine, she did not take me to a fancy restaurant, I don't like them anyways, she did not do anything grand because compared to what she did on my birthday I took her to a diamond mine. God, I love her so much. Which is why I have a surprise for her, it will only involve the both of us, away from this city and its people.

_____________________

We went to the park and we laid down on the grass, it was getting late and we just sat back and talked, reminiscing memories, telling jokes, talking deep stuff. I know we've done all that and so much more but with her its different, she actually makes you to want to talk with her.

_____________________

It was 7:30 pm and she said she was going to take me somewhere blindfolded, "Do I have to ?", I asked, "Yes, you do, now come on.", she covered my eyes with the blindfold and we drove off somewhere.

_____________________

"Watch your step now.", she held my hand and guided the way for me, its so quiet here, "Where are we ?", I asked her, "You'll know now, just please stay quiet.", I heard a door close, "You can remove the blindfold now.", she said, I took it off and its pitch black and dead silent, "Rebecca ?", I called, suddenly the lights flicker on and people jump out screaming "HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCAS!", I was startled to the point my heart almost skipped a beat there, "Happy 26th buddy!", Hayden, Thomas, Jackson, and Matthew greeted me, "Thanks guys.", I smiled at them, "Happy 26th Lukey.", Rebecca came back with a party bag, "Lukey ? Seriously ?", I smiled at her, "You call me Rebs so I guess its fair enough I call you Lukey.", she smiled back, "Thank you.", I pulled her for a hug and got other greets from other people. Turns out the entire bar was reserved and they even go a DJ with a bunch of house music, night officially made.

_____________________

We danced, raved more likely, had a few drinking games, I didn't drink much even though its my birthday, I'm supposed to attack every drink there is but oh well. The party was done and Rebecca and I were on the way home now, "Did you like it ?", she asked, "I had fun.", I smiled at her, "How many gifts did you open ?", she asked, "I opened some, I still didn't open yours and a few others.", I admitted, "Well open mine, then.", she said excitedly, we stopped at a traffic light so I stretched my arm to the back and I grabbed her gift and I took out a small box, "What could it be ?", I asked, "See for yourself.", she smiled, I unwrapped it and I opened the box to find a bracelet, I took it out and it had a small piece of some wood with my name's first letter and her name's first letter, memories came back right now, "Is this when we carved our names' first letters on a tree in 5th grade ?", I turn my head to her and she is smiling, she nodded, "Yea.", she said, it was a small piece of wood, it had 3 green and blue beads on either side of it and the wood piece had R + L on it, we were partners in crime back then, "Where is yours ?", I asked her and she lifted her wrist and she showed me her bracelet, "How did you get a duplicate of it ? How did you even get it ?", I asked, "When I went back to California for my annual leave I made a visit to our grade school and I found the same tree by luck, I didn't even think it still existed, so I asked one of the janitors to help me take out that one little piece out of the tree and he did. I took it somewhere nearby to carve it, make two duplicates of it, designed it well, and I made the bracelets, the original wood piece is in my room.", she explained, "Thanks Rebs.", I kissed her cheek which immediately burned red at it and I just laughed.

_____________________

Basically our time together consists of sleepovers, pizza, and a movie, I didn't mind it, she didn't mind it, as long as we had fun. We were in her living room, her leg rested on my lap and we watched some Action movie, then I remembered I had to tell her something, "Rebs, have you ever went on a month tour in a continent ?", I asked, "I've been to Asia, South America, and Europe. I didn't complete Europe yet though, there's so much to see in every country and every city, 2 visits weren't enough for me.", she said, "Well, believe it or not, I booked 2 tickets to visit 6 cities in Europe, 1 entire week for each.", I told her and I showed her our trip plan, she turned heads to me, "What ?", she asked, "We're touring some of Europe Rebs, just you and I, we leave next week.", I told her, "Seriously ?", she asked, she took the paper and she went through it and eyed me again, I smiled and nodded, "Speechless aren't you ?", I asked, "Thank you Luke.", she got closer for a hug, "Anytime Rebs.", I hugged back.

Writer's Note: Chapter 27! This was a long one, sort of, at least better than 600 or so words :P Enjoy x