Chapter 12: A Bad Reunion.

I woke up on a Saturday morning to my phone ringing and I see Hayden's name pop up, "Hello ?", I answered sleepily;

Hayden: Hello, Rebecca ? Did I wake you up ?

Me: Yes, Hayden.

Hayden: I'm sorry, anyways, can you come to my office, I need you to take a look on one of my workers, she's not really okay.

Me: Can't you send her to my office and I'll be there in a bit ?

Hayden: She refuses to leave the building, I need you to see what is going on with her, please.

Me: Alright, give me 20 minutes.

Hayden: See you later.

I hung up and I went to get ready. I don't really wear classy outfits for my work, other female CEO's would wear skirts and formal pants, I don't do that. I wore black skinny jeans, a white blouse tucked in, a blue blazer and blue heels. My hair would usually be up neatly but I was too lazy to put it into a bun or a ponytail, so I just let it down.

______________________

I got to Hayden's office and it was crowded, there was no girl who needed my help, I saw Thomas, Hayden, Jackson, Matt, and Luke standing by Hayden's desk and Jennifer, Riley, Kelsey, and Andrea standing in front of them, "What is going on here ?", I asked, "We're sorry ladies, we love you all and we must do this.", Hayden said, "What are you talking about ?", Riley asked, "We're sorry.", Hayden said and before we know it we were blindfolded and carried somewhere, the girls yammered and yelled, probably kicked too but why would I care, "Its going to be okay Rebs.", Luke whispered to me.

"Stand right here girls.", Thomas said, we didn't know where we were but it didn't seem that far from Hayden's office. "Take the blindfolds now girls.", Luke said, we took them off and we were in the elevator and the image of the boys was fading away, "Hayden!", Riley yelled, "Thomas get us out of here!", Kelsey screamed, we tried to take the elevator up or down but they stopped it, "You girls are not coming out until you solve your problems with Rebecca!", Jackson yelled from the other side, "What do I have to do with it ?", I asked, I rolled my eyes, I just stood in the corner of the elevator and watched the girls panic, I know for sure Kelsey is kind of claustrophobic at times so I wouldn't be surprised if she started choking on air on panicking uncontrollably and she is pregnant and they think neither me nor Thomas know, "Until you girls figure out your problems together right here, right now, none of you is leaving this elevator, we'll be watching you ladies.", Thomas said, perfect.

______________________

We sat down on the elevator floor, it was quite vast for an elevator but Kelsey was still the half-claustrophobic person I know and pregnant. It was dead silent, I know the boys were watching us, waiting for any of us to speak but what could I say ? I don't understand how its my fault, I just want to live my life freely and yet they gave themselves the liberty to control it against my own will, "You know its your fault too Rebecca.", Andrea said, "Excuse me ?", I fired a death glare at her, I don't usually fire death glares at those girls but this was a first and Andrea was getting the first glare, "You heard me,", she got up, I got up too to face her properly, "If you weren't so insecure and scared about getting a boyfriend we wouldn't have to set you up with so many guys.", she said, "Insecure and scared ? Is that what you would call someone who is simply and by all means not interested in dating at all ? I want to live my life not tied down Andrea! If anyone is insecure and scared its you lot here!", I snapped, "We're not scared of anything!", she exclaimed, "Then explain to me why when your boyfriend or Kelsey's husband is late for 1 hour at work while you assume he is out cheating on you ? Huh ?!", I proclaimed, "Just like you they too are scared of losing you, they are trying to get closer just like you want but you keep pushing them away and you run crying to the psychiatrist to help you figure it out.", I stated, "And you call me scared and insecure, I don't have to wait every night for someone to come home, I don't have to sleep or wake up to misery and depression like you, I am happy just the way I am and you girls just gave yourself the liberty to control my life, and why ? Because I am ten times happier than you are and you want me to be just as miserable as you!", I yelled again, Jennifer stood up against me with Andrea, "Well why couldn't you just make it simple by dating a nice guy who won't make you depressed ?!", Jennifer yelled, "Wasn't Jackson a nice guy until last year when you two started all the fights ?", she went silent, "That's right. You have something to say more say it and I am not going to be one bit afraid to answer back.", I told them, "Enough!", Riley and Kelsey jolted up at us, "Andrea, Jennifer, listen to me, I have been overthinking what happened 2 weeks ago until now, and to be honest, I overthought other things before it too. She almost got raped because we forced her to go to Scott's house, she was alone when she needed us the most, she probably had someone else by her side when we weren't but that's not our topic. All I'm saying is, its our fault, I am ready to take the blame for all of you if you do not admit it.", Riley spoke, she turned to me, "Rebecca, I'm sorry, I never knew Scott, I only talked to him once but after catching him attempting to rape some girl in a club a few nights before I take it all back, I'm sorry.", she said. "Let me tell you something Rebecca,", Kelsey began "I know I set you up with a douchebag, I now know that he was a dirty-minded psycho, I know he attempted to rape you and I am sorry for recommending your name in the first place. I also know that you have no business in this because you just want to live your life and that's totally fine, its what a 23 year old woman would want to do, of course you wouldn't want be married at this age and that's fine as well, and I am sorry, seriously.", Kelsey said, of all the people here she and Riley seemed sincere, maybe because Riley is close to my age and Kelsey got married younger than 26. I was still mad though, Andrea and Jennifer didn't speak a word after what Riley and Kelsey said, they just sighed and rolled their eyes, now I know whatever that will escape their mouths won't be as sincere as Riley's or Kelsey's, "Riley and Kelsey are right, you wouldn't want to be tied down now and its probably logical to you not to date. I'm sorry.", Andrea said, I had my arms crossed for while now and I was really mad at what happened before Riley and Kelsey speak first, "Are you people serious ? Its her fault she's scared.", Jennifer said, "I am not scared Jennifer. I only want to live my life free of commitment to anyone. I know you said the same thing in high school,", I reminded, "'I am never going to get a boyfriend, 'Never will I be tied down to anyone'.", I mimicked her, "Now look at you and Jackson, living in the same house, doing shopping together, and tons of other stuff.", I added, "I don't need your apology, if you won't apologize then I couldn't care any less.", I said, "Hayden can you open the elevator now please ?", asked Riley, "Nah, we like how its going, we'll leave you an hour more to get along well.", he said through the speakers, we sighed and we just slid back down on the floor.

______________________

30 minutes of silence passed and we didn't even talk, "Are you okay Kelsey ?", Riley asked, I look at Kelsey and she is pale and if I'm not mistaken, she has trouble breathing, "I don't like closed places, I need to get out.", she said, "Hayden get us out of here!", Riley yelled, "Girls there is no joking right now, the elevator is actually broken down.", Hayden's voice carried a bit of panicking to it, "What's wrong with Kelsey ?", I asked, "She's claustrophobic.", Riley retorted, "Yea I know that but claustrophobia won't turn you pale.", I stated, "She's pregnant that's why.", Riley told me, "Rebecca can you help her ? Please ?", Thomas said through the speaker, "I can't help her here, she needs to get out.", I told them, "The elevator is broken Rebecca, can't you try ?", asked Riley, "I can't do it here.", I told them, "Rebs I know you can do it, just try.", Luke called through the speakers, was I just given some hope by Luke ? I looked by the elevator's keys and I found an emergency shelf, I got up and broke it to find gas masks and a few medicines. I took out two of the few gas masks, "Step aside.", I sat next to Kelsey who could be suffocating, the others backed away a bit, Kelsey seemed wrecked, her eyes looked heavy, she wasn't breathing properly, and she couldn't keep her head stable, "There you go.", I put a gas mask on her, "Kelsey I'm going to hold up my fingers and you try and count to ten, okay ?", I asked her, she nodded, "What will counting do ? She needs to get out.", Jennifer said, "Jennifer if you have a better way to get her out of here then please, I am all ears.", I told her, "Jennifer, she knows what she's doing, calm down.", Riley told her. I held one finger up for Kelsey, "One.", she whispered, I held another finger up, "Two...", she faded, "Good.", I held up a third finger, "Three.", she said, I kept holding up my fingers, "Four...", "Five...", she was nearly on the brink of fainting, "Come on, stay with me Kelsey, 5 more, if you can make it you'll be fine. Come on.", I held up 6 fingers now, "Six.", "Seven...", she would pause in the middle but that would be fine, "Eight.", I counted with her, "Nine.", "Ten.", she was breathing normally now, "Lie down for a minute now.", I helped her rest her body, Riley went down to keep her head supported, "Thank you Rebecca.", Kelsey whispered, "Just rest Kelsey.", I sat back down, so did Andrea and Jennifer.

______________________

(Lucas)

We managed to get the elevator opened and get the girls out, "How was bonding time ladies ?", Hayden asked, "Very funny Hayden.", Riley gave him a death glare, "Kelsey ?", Tom went to his wife, "She's asleep, take her to the hospital and have that baby checked.", Rebecca told him, "Thank you so much Rebecca, we owe you one.", he told her, then he lifted Kelsey up and took her to the hospital. The girls came out and calmed down a bit, "Good job Rebecca.", Hayden told her, "Is her baby fine ? Like, can you tell ?", asked Riley, "I can't tell if it will be fine, you just hope it is, but she seemed okay.", Rebecca told them, I walked to her, "I knew you could do it.", I told her, she smiled lightly, "How do you feel now ?", I asked her, "I don't know, honestly, can I just get back to work now ?", she asked, "I'll meet you after work.", I told her, and she left. Can she be mine already ? I watched her walk to the staircase until she disappeared, she did a great job today, I am proud of her.

Writer's Note: Chapter 12! Lukey Pookey's interest up there :3 Enjoy it guys x