Chapter 48: Justice Redeemed.

(Rebecca)

I only came back to New York only yesterday and they tell me there is a court held the day after, i.e. today. I didn't talk to anyone yet, other than Andrea of course, she told me I should be at the court at 2 pm, which is in 30 minutes. I got dressed, I wore black jeans, a white blouse, and a an electric blue blazer along with shoes the same color of the blazer and my hair was down in its natural wave.

___________________

I arrived at the staircase of the court only to be greeted by the same people who interview me at gatherings, most people wouldn't recognize the press or remember them but I somehow did. I didn't even bother rushing to the top of the courthouse, I took my time walking up the white staircase with all the questions unanswered and pictures taken.

I got to the top of the staircase to be greeted by Andrea, "How are you feeling ?", she asked, "I'm fine.", I told her, my breath was getting heavy and it was uncomfortable, I just want to get this over with, "The others are already inside, its just you and the judge left.", she added, "Okay.", I followed her to the court room and everyone I know was there, even Elliot was there. We walked to the front of the court before the judges' table and we sat down. I look to my left and I see Jennifer, Scott, Lance, and Daniel with their lawyer, they shared one lawyer ? Scott and Jennifer fired death glares at me, threatening ones too, but I didn't care, they can't do anything with 3 cops around them.

The judge just came in and we all sat down. The intro was done and here it goes.

___________________

"Ms. Miller, according to what I just read, you are accusing Jennifer Jones and Scott Andrews for kidnapping and the attempt of rape ?", the judge asked Andrea, "Your honor, Rebecca Forde is not just my client she is my friend too. They kidnapped her at a monthly gathering of CEO's and held her captive two weeks in an abandoned. And I have evidence.", she told him, "What sort of evidence do you have Ms. Miller ?", he asked her, "May I use the projector please ?", she asked politely, he gave her the permission to and she set up her laptop beside it, "First of all, she spent a week with no sources of energy, i.e. water and food and whatnot. Second, she was abused by whips and slaps. The rape attempt came last.", Andrea explained, "Are you saying they were trying to weaken her so they could do what they want ?", the judge asked, "Indeed your honor.", she nodded, "This video was recorded while whipping Rebecca, Jennifer did all the work and I managed to find the tape. This is the torture session.", Andrea played the video and everyone just watched, it all played back in my head and I tried not to let it get to me here.

___________________

The 15 minutes of the whipping ended, "Now the rape attempt.", Andrea switched to another video and it showed everything, good sound quality, HD image, and it was so clear what was showing and what was not.

___________________

The video ended, "And that's when we and the police stepped in.", Andrea said, "A minute before he actually does something.", the judge said, she nodded. "Mr. Livingston, I hope you can defend your 4 clients against this case.", the judge looked to the other side of the court to Jennifer and Scott, "Denied your honor.", their lawyer said, "Do you have proof Mr. Livingston ?", the judge asked, "For a fact, I know my clients wouldn't do such thing, I've been told those people only look like them and they were set up.", I scoffed at Mr. Livingston's statement, the judge looked at me, "Ms. Forde, do you object on that statement ?", the judge asked me, "Yes, your honor, I do.", I looked at Jennifer and Scott and they had this look of fear but anger and threat in their eyes, "Would you mind sharing with us why ?", he asked me politely, "Of course.", I got up from my seat and I stood in the middle of the room, "I've known Jennifer Jones for so long, almost since middle school, your honor, and let me simplify this to you, I was a bit more happier than she was when we reached high school. I didn't have the perfect boyfriend she had, I didn't have so many friends except a little circle of people. Most people would think that she was happier but she wasn't, being cheated on, abandoned by everyone except me for a stupid thing.", I walked around to her table and stood in front of her, "I disagree with Mr. Livingston's statement, because he does not know Jennifer and Scott like I do.", I added, "This wasn't the first attempt your honor, this was the third rape attempt by Scott, second kidnap attempt by the both of them. Their companies were suspended for a month and Jennifer's company moved its location according to law orders. Now they've done it all over again.", I stared into their eyes and they know I just brought their worlds down, everything they built over the past year is going down. I'm not feeling good about it but they deserve this. "Well, according to the law, the penalty to kidnapping and attempt of rape is imprisonment, as for the action of assault, Jennifer Jones and Scott Andrews shall spend a year under probation and 200 hours of community service and can no longer be owners of their companies and substitutes should be put in their place. As for Lance Lore and Daniel Trevor, they are sentenced to 200 hours of community service as well as probation for the next year. Court closed.", the judge got up and left the room, Scott, Jennifer, Lance, and Daniel were escorted out the room and I just waited out of the court room to calm down for bit.

___________________

"Beca ?", a small hand is placed on my arm, I remove my face from my buried palms and I see Jessica, Kelsey's middle daughter, "Hey Jess.", I smiled lightly at her, "Mommy told me you were sad.", she said, I swear, kids' voices when they are concerned is seriously weakening, "I'm okay Jess, don't worry.", I tucked a few hair strands behind her ear and she gave me a hug, I hugged her tiny body back, "Do you want to leave ?", she asked, "Yea, lets go.", I grabbed her tiny hand and I walked out of the place. The press were gone, it was just the few people I know left, "Thanks guys.", I told them, the girls embraced me in a hug while the boys just stood there. Its funny how a few months ago I didn't stand seeing those girls after their attempt to make me miserable and now I am sharing a hug with 3 of them.

Writer's Note: Chapter 48! Enjoy it guys x