Chapter 31: Historic Much ?

(Rebecca)

"Bella Venezia!", I said as I took a breath in the moment I set foot on the balcony in the hotel, "I came here twice before and I can't get enough.", I told Luke, "We're not staying here for long Rebs, I made this trip a 2 days only and then we are off to somewhere better.", Luke said, "What could possibly be better than Venice ?", I asked raising an eyebrow, "London ?", he said in 'duh' voice tone, I was silenced, sure London is good but Venice is just as amazing as London, "They're both as good as each other, I am so coming here for a vacation next month.", I said, he chuckled, "Lets go now, Murano awaits.", he told me, "What's a Murano ?", I asked, " A series of islands linked by bridges in the Venetian Lagoon, northern Italy. It lies about 0.9 miles north of Venice and measures about 1.5 km across with a population of just over 5,000. It is famous for its glass making.", Luke told me, "Sounds interesting.", I told him, "And indeed it is.", he smiled and so we head to Murano.

____________________

We got there and I am just amazed, the colorful buildings blocked next to each other neatly, some gondola boats passed here and there, its so beautiful, "This is amazing.", I told Luke, "It sure is.", he said. We walked about the place a bit, he took some pictures and started the 'European Photo Shoot', as he would call it, with me.

____________________

The Murano tour ended in like 2 hours and 30 minutes, the place is just astonishing. I even got a heart-shaped, blue-colored, glass and Luke got a glass bird dipped in green and yellow colors.

____________________

(Lucas)

Rebecca has absolutely no idea that I am taking her somewhere else tomorrow along with a Gondola ride at night before we hit the airport to London. But anyways, next stop is back in Venice, which is Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, translated in English as National Library of St. Mark's. "A historic library ?", Rebecca was just jaw-dropped, she likes historic things, she likes diving into history even if she already knows it, "Yup, its not just a library, its a renaissance building and one of the earliest surviving public manuscript depositories in the country, holding one of the greatest classical texts collections in the world. The library is named after St. Mark, the patron saint of Venice.", I told her, "Interested in Venetian history much ?", she smiled, "It is Bella Venezia after all.", I winked, she laughed.

We got to the library and we entered and Rebecca is just jaw-dropped at everything, "I'm surprised you didn't think of coming here twice before.", I told her, "I admit that I'm stupid.", she was still in an astonished state-of-mind, she looks so cute when she looks at something and becomes eager to know what it holds.

____________________

After the historic library trip we headed to the Grand Canal, "I've been here before, twice actually.", Rebecca stated, "I figured. I also figured you might want to revisit it again.", I told her, "And you are right.", she said, "I guess you know about the Grand Canal or do I have to empower your history ?", I teased, "Nah, I know a bit, it forms one of the major water-traffic corridors in the city. Public transport is provided by water buses and private water taxis, and many tourists explore the canal by gondola. At one end, the canal leads into the lagoon near the Santa Lucia railway station and the other end leads into Saint Mark Basin; in between, it makes a large reverse-S shape through the central districts of Venice. It is 3,800 meters long, 30-90 meters wide, with an average depth of 16.5 feet.", she said, "Wow.", I was jaw-dropped, she flipped her hair jokingly and smiled.

____________________

Later on, I took her to Gallerie dell'Accademia, a pre-19th century museum gallery in Venice. "I've been to a few museums here but I didn't come here.", she said as we walked about the place observing Venetian paintings of the 18th century, "Pre-19th century museum gallery. It is housed in the Scuola della Carità on the south bank of the Grand Canal, within the sestiere of Dorsoduro. It was originally the gallery of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia, the Art Academy of Venice, from which it became independent in 1879, and for which the Ponte dell'Accademia and the Accademia boat landing station for the vaporetto water bus are named.", I told her, "Lucas I'm starting to think that you were better than me in History class in high school when you weren't.", she teased, "There is more to me than meets your eye Rebecca.", I told her, "You stole my sentence.", she teased again and I couldn't help but laugh. "Vitruvian Man by Leonardo da Vinci.", she walked to the painting in the corner and admired it, despite that its only a naked man with extended arms and legs in a circle she just admired it, I would have taken a picture of her but cameras are not allowed.

____________________

The day ended and we headed back to the hotel after some good Italian dinner, not pizza though, we've had enough pizzas back in New York that could stuff us until next year, this was proper Italian dinner, like spaghetti and meatballs. "This was the best day ever.", Rebecca threw herself on the bed, I wish I could tell her 'Its only good because I'm with you' but unfortunately due to my parlty shy personality all that escaped was "It sure was.", I told her as I changed into another shirt, "Where are we going tomorrow ?", she asked like curious kid, "Its a surprise Rebs, but I hope you know a bit of historic literature.", I smirked, "Oh really ?", she asked, "Mhm, I still won't tell you where until tomorrow morning, now sleep Rebs.", I winked and I slid under the covers and we dozed off.

Writer's Note: Chapter 31! This took me forever to put together, dayum. How do you like the story so far guys ? Enjoy x