Chapter 41: The Best of the Stars.

"3 sightseeing places only ?", I asked Luke as we were in the taxi on the way to our first destination, Louvre Palace, "It was actually supposed to be 4, but the fourth one is for tomorrow.", he said, "What was the fourth destination supposed to be then ?", I asked, I'll leave that as a surprise for you Rebs.", he smirked, I rolled my eyes, "Now, what is it about Louvre Palace ?", Luke asked, "A former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Its origins date back to the medieval period, and its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. It was the actual seat of power in France until Louis XIV moved to Versailles in 1682, bringing the government with him.", I explained, "Interesting.", he shook his head.

___________________

"Well this is classy.", I said as we entered the dining room, "Its French design Rebs, everything is not only classy, but also too exquisite.", Luke joked, I giggled quietly.

We finished touring the palace which was a very exciting thing, I've always wanted to enter a European, medieval-aged palace. "Where to next ?", I asked, "Grand Palais.", Luke retorted, "The Grand Palais des Champs-Élysées, commonly known as the Grand Palais, is a large historic site, exhibition hall and museum complex located at the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France.", I said all in one breath, "Lets go.", he said.

___________________

After Grand Palais, we headed to Notre Dame, "Hit me Rebs.", Luke demanded, "Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a historic Catholic cathedral on the eastern half of the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and it is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.", I inhaled a breath in the end, "Wow.", he smirked, "Its beautiful.", I told him as we walked closer to the cathedral. Luke dropped his camera bag by my side, "Morning in Paris, the city awakes to the bells of Notre Daaaaame! ", he sung, "No Luke, please, not here.", I pleaded with a smile, "I won't stop until you sing the next line with me. Out loud.", he said, "Seriously ?", I said, he nodded, I kept still and quiet, "The fisherman fishes, the bakerman bakes, to the bells of Notre Daaaaaame!", he continued, "Through the big bells as loud as the thunder, to the little bells soft as a psalm.", I sung with him, "And some say the soul of the city's the toll of the bells, the bells of Notre Daaaaaame! ", he sung with me, I just burst out laughing at us, "God, I need to watch the movie when we get back to the hotel.", Luke chuckled, I smiled, "You still have the Disney side of yours huh ?", I asked, "Yup.", he grinned at me.

___________________

(Lucas)

Being in Paris, this city is not only known for its delicate clothing and interesting history, but its also known as the city of romance. And since I made Paris our last stop before heading back to New York, I want to make sure Rebecca has the best time here more than any other city she visited this past month. Attending a charity ball was something that she didn't talk about for two days after it, now tonight, should be a good one, hopefully.

"Where are we ?", she asked, I was leading her through some trees, I didn't even know this place, a friend of mine described it to me through a text and I thought I would give it a try with Rebecca, "You'll see.", I told her, I hope I know where I'm going.

As soon as the tree trail ended and we came to a stop before an open field, I was so relieved I found the way out because to be honest I thought I was going to get us lost in the middle of no where at night. "We're here.", I told Rebecca, "Its a field...", she faded, "Come on silly.", I grabbed her hand and we walked to the center of the field. I laid out a blanket from my bag and I lay down with her, "Well this is cheesy.", she giggled, I chuckled at her, "I thought you'd like some star-gazing.", I told her, "This is really beautiful.", she said, I wanted to respond with 'Not as beautiful as you', but all that came out of me was, "Indeed it is.", I replied, I grabbed hold of her hand and she didn't flinch one bit, was she getting used to the feeling or was she just trying to be nice ? I didn't care, I liked holding her hand, I looked at her and she looked back at me and we stayed silent for a minute, I gazed into her eyes and believe me when I say that it was better than gazing at stars, those hazel windows to her soul were so enthralling, I could stare into them forever. We didn't even know what we were doing but we were just getting closer to each other, our faces were just inches apart and we kept going. But we stopped. We gazed back into each other's eyes, "Sorry.", I whispered, "Its fine.", she whispered back and she continued star-gazing.

___________________

We went back to the hotel and it was just an awkward silence until we both jumped into bed ready to sleep, I prepared a surprise for her tomorrow, she kept insisting and whining that I should tell her, she even had her persuasive ways of getting me to talk but I kept my mouth shut which kind of annoyed her but it was really cute. "What time are we leaving tomorrow ?", she asked, she was cuddled up into me, we were facing each other, her head rests on my arm, my other arm pulled her in close, and she had both her hands next to my chest, "Get ready by 10:30 am, we leave at 11.", I retorted, "Okay.", she nodded lightly. She rest her head into my shoulder and I stuck my nose into her hair, her lavender-scented hair, I rubbed her back gently as she fell asleep while I kept staring at her as she breathed steadily, "I love you Rebecca.", I whispered as low as I can, I really do, but getting her to feel something might be rather hard, Maybe she has feelings now, maybe I somehow changed her mind without the intent to, maybe her heart beats for something now.

Writer's Note: Chapter 41! What do you think ? Enjoy it x