Chapter 33: English Sweetness.

(Rebecca)

We arrived in London by noon, it was the same pale weather that it was months ago when I came here for a business meeting. It wasn't raining but there was a chance of rain today, it was just cloudy for now.

We settled in the hotel, had an hour rest and headed off to explore the city. I already knew allot here, its probably my favorite European city of all. "First stop ?", I asked Luke, "British Museum.", he retorted, he grabbed his camera, I grabbed my bag and to the British Museum we go. I really like that museum, its a must-go place whenever I come here.

________________________

We finished nearly all its departments, its only Greece and Rome and Printings and Drawings that's left, I was so eager to check everything out, every department, every sculpture, painting, drawing, part of the world was basically in this museum and it was just amazing! Luke got so tired from my dragging around to allot of departments without rest, "Rebs!", he pulled me in so I can stop, "We have a week in London, we can come here thousands other times if we wanted to you know.", he told me, he was panting hard, "Sorry, I just get excited when I visit this place.", I told him, "Yea I noticed.", he smiled.

"Where's our next stop ?", I asked, "Tower Bridge.", he said, "Do you know anything about it or do I have to enhance your history Rebs ?", he smirked at me, "Built from 1886 to 1894, is a combined bascule and suspension bridge in London. The bridge crosses the River Thames close to the Tower of London and has become an iconic symbol of London.", I smirked at him back, "Alright Rebs.", he smiled and we walked by the sidewalk of the bridge.

________________________

Our next stop was a good meal from some street stall. We took our meals and we went to a nearby bench and just sat there and talked. "This is good.", Luke said, I was the one to suggest that stall, I would eat from it whenever I go out in this city, "Told ya.", I shook my eyebrows up and down, he chuckled, "So what else is there to see about this city, you're leading this one you know.", he said, "I'll leave it as a surprise.", I told him, "Alright, its fair for you.", he smiled, "Of course it is.", I flipped my hair at him and we carried on walking around.

________________________

We shopped here and there, and then I bump into someone, "Sorry.", I said, "Excuse me.", the british guy said, I look up and I am just surprised as the guy before me, "Rebecca Forde ?", he asked, "Elliot King ?", I asked and smiled, "Its good to see you again Rebecca.", he smiled back, "Its good to see you too Elliot, how have you been ?", I asked, it was very weird that I am having a conversation with Elliot while there is a girl standing next to him and Luke is next to me, "Oh, how rude of me,", I began, "Elliot this Luke, Luke, this is Elliot.", I introduced them, "Lucas Porter ? Right ?", Elliot asked, "How did you know ?", Luke asked after the shook hands, "I've seen you a few times during company gatherings and caught your name a few times too.", he said, "Oh yea, I've seen you around a few times too.", Luke told him, "Guys, this is my girlfriend, Jane Foster.", he introduced us to the strawberry-blonde girl next to him, "Nice to meet you both.", she shook my hand and Luke's, British and sweet ? They looked perfect together, they both have the same dashing smile, they're both British, they're both as pale as each other, which is a really good pale. The only difference is Elliot has hazel hair and blue eyes while Jane has strawberry-blonde hair and a dark-shade-of-green eyes. Their personalities are probably a match too. "Well it was nice to see you both again, enjoy London.", Elliot told us, "It was nice meeting you.", Jane waved us goodbye and we went in different directions, "How do you know him ?", Luke asked, "He was the third date I was set up with.", I admitted, "They set you up with him ?", Luke had a dumb-stricken expression drawn on his face, "Yea, I turned him down though.", I added, "You turned down a person like him ? Wow.", Luke smiled, "Yea well, I wasn't interested then.", I told him, "Are you interested now ?", he raised an eyebrow and I went silent, was I interested ? Luke might have played with my mind but I allowed him to in the first place, I told him to hint at me how this whole thing feels and he is doing it, and I only told him to once and he still remembers and carries on with it.

We were done for the day and we headed back to the hotel, all I need right now is sleep.

________________________

Its the same as most nights since this trip started, I am sleep-deprived, I roll in my bed and change positions and I can't rest my head or clear my thoughts for a bit and I don't even know why. I don't want to take sleeping pills because I just don't like them, I don't want to look up some psychological facts because it will scare me allot knowing that I have something on my mind that is dying to be expressed in a way or another and I am just blocking that feeling. I got out of my bed and sat gently on Luke's bed's edge, "Luke.", I shook him gently, "Luke wake up.", I shook him again, its 1 am, he has been deeply asleep the moment he rest his head on the pillow, he groaned and opened his eyes, "What is it ?", he muttered, "I can't sleep.", I told him, "Do you mind if I jump in next to you ?", I asked as politely and as normal as I can, "Sure, hop in.", he provided me space and I slid under the cover next to his warm body. He wrapped his arms around me and my arms rest on his, I felt his warm breath hit the back of my neck but I didn't mind, it felt good. It felt safe.

Writer's Note: Chapter 33! Pretty Rebs up there hehe :3 Enjoy it guys x