Chapter 13: The most Beautiful Diamonds.

I woke up to my alarm clocking ringing, I turned it off and I looked at the date just under it, I sighed and I lay back down on my bed, "Happy Birthday Rebecca.", I whispered to myself. I got out of bed, and put on my running outfit and waited for Luke on the sidewalk, "Hey.", he greeted, "Hey.", I greeted back, "Ready ?", he asked, I nodded, "Lets go.", I told him and we started jogging, best thing about taking early jogs is that the streets are empty right now and its just perfect.

We got to the park and we were sitting on a bench now just talking, "Did the girls talk to you since then ?", he asked, "Riley and Kelsey have been talking a bit, Andrea doesn't talk much and Jennifer isn't talking at all.", I told him, "Do you Jennifer is mad because Riley, Kelsey, and Andrea stood with you instead of her ?", he asked, "Maybe, I'm not going to assume on this she is kind of hard to understand.", I admitted, "They'll come around eventually, don't worry.", he said.

______________________

We went back to our apartments and got ready for work, and just before I could open my apartment's door, "Rebs.", Luke called, I turned to him, "What are you doing today ?", he asked, "Nothing, why ?", I asked, "Get ready by 5, I want to show you something somewhere.", he said, "Okay.", I told him, "And Happy Birthday Rebs.", he smiled, "Thanks Luke.", I told him, he winked and we left.

______________________

It was 5 now, and it was getting pretty cold outside for late October. "Come on.", we hopped into Luke's car and he drove off, "Where are we going ?", I asked, "You'll see.", he smirked, a smirk coming from Luke along with a surprise usually meant that we will get in trouble, hopefully nothing bad happens.

______________________

We were in the forest, "What are we doing here ?", I asked, "Follow me.", he escorted me deep into the forest until we stopped in front of a mine, "A mine ?", I asked, "Not just any mine, come on.", he turned on a flashlight, "You're not going in there right ?", I asked, "We won't touch anything don't worry.", he pulled me by the hand and we went in.

"Luke I don't like it here.", I told him, it was dark, cold, and freaky, "Its okay, you're with me.", he held my hand as we walked further in, "How much more do we have to walk ?", I asked, "None, we're here.", he turned off his flashlight and the most beautiful diamonds were scattered all over the place, "Oh my God.", I whispered, "Happy Birthday Rebs.", he said, "Wow, I'm-", I was speechless, "Thank you Luke.", I hugged him and I continued gazing around, this is amazing.

______________________

(Lucas)

There may be plenty of diamonds here but how they reflect in her eyes just makes her eyes stand out of all of them. I kept staring at her as she walked about the place just planting a touch on the diamonds in the wall, she looks so beautiful, hurts me I can't have her. "Lets go Rebs.", I told her, "Can we stay a minute more please ?", she sure was captivated, I was captivated too but we had to leave before its late, "We can come back here again Rebs, we have to go now.", I chuckled, "Okay.", I grabbed her cold hand again, I turned my flashlight on and we walked out.

"Well, Rebs, since it is your birthday, and you're 24 now, it only seems best that you have the best time of your life tonight.", I began, "What are you going to do ?", she asked, "I set the night for you to have proper fun, first stop bowling.", I told her, "Seriously ?", she asked, "You would be surprised by the amount of people who are in their 20's who still go bowling every weekend.", I told her, she giggled.

______________________

We were done bowling now and I was taking her ice-skating, "You need practice on allot of things Rebs, you don't just nearly slide into the bowling ally like that.", I joked, she punched my arm lightly, I chuckled, "Its okay Rebs, you'll get the use of it, now its ice-skating.", I told her, "Finally, something I'm good at.", she sighed in relief, "You skate ?", I asked, "I went a few times last year with the girls.", she said, as much as outdoor skating in New York sounds wonderful, the weather was not yet prepared to freeze lakes or anything so we had to do it indoors.

"Watch out!", Rebecca held me up before I fall, then some kid slid down and we both fell. We got up laughing so hard, "You okay ?", I asked her, "Yea, just covered in ice.", she laughed, "Come on.", I got up and pulled her with me, "Steady now.", she held my hand and led the way, I suck in ice-skating but what's the harm in trying ? "That's it.", she said, "You sound like me when I teach you something.", I smiled, she giggled, "Now try it on your own.", she let go of my hand and I skate next to her, "Whoa.", I almost fell but I regained balance again, "There you go Luke.", she smiled, "Now try and keep up with me.", she skated away from me, I skated behind her trying to catch her, we fell a few times, got up, fell more, but hey, you don't become perfect from the first try.

______________________

"Club time Rebs.", I told her, "Do we have to ?", she asked, "Just like an 18 year old who goes to a club for the first time you are going to this club for your 24th birthday and you will have fun, you don't have to drink things, don't worry.", I told her, "Fine.", she sighed and we went in.

We started dancing like the last time to house music, "Go Rebs!", I yelled, she laughed, her laugh is making my day, seriously, she should stop laughing before I get a heart attack. I pulled her into me from the waist, she held her hand around my neck and we started dancing, I know she thinks we're doing this move because we used to do it in high school and that we're only best friends but to be honest I wish we were more.

______________________

She was exhausted, she slept in the car and I had to carry her into her apartment. I rest her body on the bed and I covered her up. I took one last look at her before I leave and I kissed her cheek, "Sweet dreams Rebs.", I whispered by her ear and I left.

Writer's Note: Chapter 13! Enjoy it x