Chapter 20: Hints.

(Lucas)

All I felt was excruciating pain in my waist and my leg. I felt dizzy, tired, and weak. I groaned in pain but no sound seemed to have come out of me. I felt a cold yet gentle grip on my hand, I tried pressing my hand on it but it seemed like I was completely paralyzed. "Luke ?", a sweet faint voice called, "Luke can you hear me ?", it called again, I saw a blurry image of the person calling my name but I can't make out who it is. Voices started echoing through my ears right now, "He's fine.", a voice said, I felt myself being lifted up on some bed and being brought back to consciousness. I looked around only to see a nurse and Rebecca standing on either side of the bed I lay on, "Hey there, welcome back.", the nurse fired a warm smile and removed the oxygen mask covering my face, I look back to Rebecca and she is still holding my hand, "Hey Luke.", she greeted, all I did was groan in a very low voice, "What happened ?", I muttered, "You were hit by a car and I brought you here. Your leg is slightly broken and your waist is injured badly, its fine though, don't worry.", she spoke softly, it was soothing to my ears, "How do you feel ?", she asked, I want to tell her 'I feel much better now that I know you were here', but all that escaped my mouth was, "In pain.", I muttered again, "Its okay, it will wear off. The doctor will come in later.", the nurse checked around the equipment one last time and left the room.

______________________

I was kind of fully awake and processing well, I still felt weak but they said its fine, "Hello Lucas.", a doctor came in, "How are you feeling ?", he asked, "Okay, I guess.", I said, I was no longer muttering or murmuring, a little talk with Rebecca for the past 15 minutes was good enough to make me speak properly again, "That's good.", he told me, "According to your condition you can leave after tomorrow night.", he said, "Do you have any relatives or family members here ?", he asked, "They don't live here.", I told him, "Do you want us to call them ?", he asked, "No.", I shook my head, I can't call my parents and my sister and tell them I was hit by a car, they would go mad, I'll just wait and tell them later. "Your waist is stitched and you have to come back after 2 weeks to remove it, the same goes for your leg.", he told me and he just left.

______________________

2 days later I was released from the hospital, I was better enough to be able to walk, with some support of course. I was still feeling weak and my waist ached badly but I can pull through. I was given a sick leave for 2 weeks until the cast and the stitches are removed. Rebecca stayed in the hospital with me for the past 2 days and a half and she did not leave for a second, except to get me clothes from my apartment.

______________________

We got to my apartment and she was holding me up so I wouldn't fall, my arm was wrapped around her and she had her arm around my left waist, "Take it easy now.", she told me as she set me on the bed slowly, "Thanks.", I told her, "You've helped me many times Luke, I owe you one.", she forced a smile, "Its no biggie, you're worth it and more.", I told her, her cheeks went all pink, it was adorable. "You look exhausted.", I pointed out, "I'm fine.", she was sitting on the edge of my bed, "You stayed with me for 2 days in the hospital and you didn't get proper sleep, go back to your apartment Rebs.", I told her, "I'm fine Luke, I promise.", she insisted, I just can't help but love her more. "I wanted to say that I'm sorry.", she began, "What for ?", I asked, "For that night in Visual Clue's gathering, I'm really sorry Luke.", she said, "Its okay Rebs, I won't force you into anything.", I told her, she looked about the room and bit her lips a little. "How does it feel ?", she asked, "What does ?", I asked, "Liking someone like that, what do you feel when you like someone so much ?", she clarified, "Most people would feel better than they were, they feel happy and safe. But also every person has a different perspective of it, I can't tell you how to feel such things, you must experience it.", I told her, "I can show you if you want, just hint at you how it feels, but its up to you.", I added, she went silent for a bit and she pursed her lips together, whenever she did that gesture it usually meant she either has a question, and idea, or she is just hesitant. "Show me.", she said, "Huh ?", "Show me how it feels, hint at me.", she repeated, we went silent for a second there, "Jump in here.", I gestured to the other side of my bed, she took off her shoes and coat and set them on a chair aside and made her way gently under the cover next to me. "Now what ?", she asked, "Ever heard of cuddling ?", I asked, "Isn't it what we usually do ?", she asked, "Not that type, a different one.", I told her, "Come here.", I put an arm around her and her body was attached to mine, she had a hand rest on my chest while her head rest on a part of my shoulder.

______________________

(Rebecca)

For a minute there I felt so... Safe, in his arms, next to him. "Now you just sleep.", he whispered, I didn't stick to his body so much so I wouldn't trigger an ache or something, "Okay.", I said and we just dozed off together.

Writer's Note: Chapter 20! Enjoy x