Chapter 8: Give your Heart a Break.

I woke up the next morning wrecked big time. I felt like I couldn't let out a sound because of this feeling like something heavy is stuck in the middle of your throat, my eyes felt heavy and burning, my body ached a bit, and my head was spinning, and on Luke's laps, he must have adjusted my sleeping position when I slept. He was asleep too, his head rested on his knuckles and he was just so peaceful. I didn't feel like going to work today. And it was 8 am, I can still go but I think I'll just spend the day here.

I sat up and rest my head on the back of the couch. Just until Luke woke up, he turned his head to me, "How are you feeling ?", he asked in a sleepy voice, "I don't know.", I said, "Back on the lap, come on.", he tapped on his lap and I just rest my head back down while he started rubbing my arm like yesterday, "You'll get over it, you just need a break.", he said, "I still can't believe they would do such thing.", I admitted, "Then forget about them, you don't need people like them in your life.", he said, I squirmed a bit, "I don't want to go to work.", I was almost whispering, "Then stay here.", he whispered back, "I'll stay with you.", he added, "You just need a break.", he said. I was silent. "A break ?", I whispered and looked at him, "What are you thinking of ?", I asked, "Pack your bag Rebs, you're going on a break.", he smiled, "Where ?", I asked, "We'll go to Miami. You need a few days off, you work so hard and you deserve it, pack your bags and lets go.", he said, "Okay.", I got up and packed my things, he mentioned it would be 3 days in Miami and then we can come back, I'll just tell them I need sometime off to think of stuff.

__________________

"Ready ?", he asked, I nodded, "Did you tell your secretary ?", he asked, "Yea.", I nodded, "I left Blue with the neighbor's kid, he likes him.", I added before he asks something else, he smiled and opened the taxi's door for me, "Miami awaits.", he smiled and I went in.

__________________

We had an hour before we can board the plane and we just sat by the gate. "Does it bother you ?", he asked, "I don't know.", I shrugged, "It still bothers you isn't it ?", he asked, "Yea, it does.", I nodded, "Alright, lets make a deal.", he said ,"Once we board this plane, forget about it. Don't even bother.", he told me, "Deal ?", he asked, "Okay.", I nodded, he smiled and carried on drinking his coke.

__________________

We were halfway to Miami now and I was watching some movies. I realized I haven't touched my phone since we left except to call Kate, I took out my phone and scrolled through some stuff here and there and then my eyes land on the group chat I was in with the girls;

Jennifer: Rebecca, where are you ?

Andrea: Rebecca if you left, we're sorry, we didn't mean to put it that way, we're sorry.

Kelsey: I was just in your office Rebecca and Kate is in charge for now ?

Riley: Rebecca please answer us.

"Rebecca please forgive us.", "Rebecca please come back.", "Rebecca please.", "Please.", "Please.", I exited the group chat, turned my phone off, and I put it in my bag, I don't need negativity in my life. If they want to bring me down then I'll just have to show them I'm stronger than that.

__________________

We arrived in Miami and we settled down in the hotel. "Alright, what do we do now ?", I asked, "Miami Seaquarium.", Luke gave me a brochure with a dolphin on it, "Luke we're in our mid-20's.", I told him, he rolled his eyes, "You're not living your life unless you act like a 2 year old Rebs.", he grabbed me by the hand and we headed downstairs to catch a cab to Miami Seaquarium.

__________________

We just finished an Orca Whale show and I came out soaked in water, so did Luke, "What's next ?", I asked, "Dolphin Harbor.", he smiled, "Luke we just got soaked in water and now you want us to get soaked again ?", I asked, "But come on, admit it, it was fun right ?", we stood aside and we went silent, I looked around me for a minute, "Yea,", I nodded, "It was fun.", I smiled, "We're not going to watch the show Rebs.", he proclaimed, "Then what are we going to do ?", I asked, he smirked at me.

__________________

"Luke I am not going to kiss a dolphin.", I crossed my arms as we were already in line to kiss and get kissed by a dolphin, "Come on Rebecca, Jerry is sweet, you might even fall in love with a dolphin than in a man.", he joked, I rolled my eyes and smiled.

It was our turn now and Luke went first. There was a photographer ready to take picture. You get three pictures only, one where the dolphin kisses you, another one when you kiss the dolphin's beak, and another one just next to it. Luke bent down a bit and the dolphin planted a 'kiss' on his cheek, I giggled at it, then Luke gave the dolphin a kiss on his beak and then they took a picture together, "Your turn Rebs.", he said, I walked slowly to the dolphin and it was just staring at me from the side so creepily, "Get closer please.", the dolphin's trainer told me, I got closer and the dolphin just stuck its beak on my cheek, I smiled to the camera and now I was told to kiss its beak, so I leaned in and kissed it then I took a normal picture with Jerry and we left.

"He is so slimy!", I wiped my cheek with a tissue, "He has to Rebs.", Luke said, "Now, wasn't that fun ?", he asked, "Alright, it was.", I told him, "How fun ?", he asked, "Really fun Luke.", I smiled, "Rebs is having fun!", he exclaimed, I giggled.

__________________

We were walking around the streets of Miami now, it was night time and we were looking for something to do around this place. "You on for another fun Rebs ?", Luke and I came to a stop on the sidewalk, "Where ?", I asked, "Come with me.", he gestured to me with his head and we walked into a dumpster and stood by a door with neon lights above it that said 'Sinema.', "What's that ?", I asked, "You'll see.", he knocked and a tanned, buffed guy opened for us, Luke whispered something to him and he let us in.

I heard some loud music and it just got louder the closer we got. We removed some curtains and a club was revealed, "A club ?", I asked, "Have fun Rebs.", he grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into the dancing crowd. It was so dark, only neon lights around and some private dancers if you get me. "Dance Rebs.", Luke yelled, I just stood there blankly not knowing what to do, he rolled his eyes and moved me to the song's beat along with him, "Dance.", he said, I started moving slowly to the song, "Rebecca I know you too well, rave like you did in high school.", he said, he still held my hands and moved me, I was a wild raver in high school. Maybe because I was younger than this and naïve and carless, now responsibilities are taking over me, I'm a freaking psychologist for God's sake, I'm supposed to be able to handle this if I can handle other people's issues. And so I started dancing like Luke was to the beat drop, "That's it Rebs.", he smiled. I put an arm around his neck and his hands were around my waist just dancing and trying to 'blend in' here.

__________________

We were done dancing and we headed to the bar, "That's the Rebs I know.", he chuckled, "Now next level is this.", he grabbed two, thin, long bottles with liquid in them, shots I assume, "I don't drink Luke.", I told him, "Rebs you just brought back the 17 year old Rebecca I knew and you can't drink ? Just one shot, you won't have to try more I promise.", he said, "We'll drink it together.", he raised his bottle, "Cheers.", he lightly hit my bottle and we drank together. "Ugh! Its disgusting!", I grabbed a water bottle that was placed aside and drank away the nasty taste, Luke was laughing, "What are you laughing at ?", I asked, "You're having fun.", he smiled.

We left the club at 1 am and we headed back to the hotel, Luke was clumsy and drowsy to the point he didn't even bother changing his clothes, he just threw himself on the bed and immediately dozed off. I took a shower and changed and slept on the other bed.

Writer's Note: Chapter 8! Sorry for the delay guys, I was done with this chapter until it somehow got deleted and I was too devastated to rewrite it. Anyways, you go Rebs! :p I attached a gif picture above, don't mind the writing below I just couldn't find a better one, they were on The Host, go watch it if you hadn't, great movie :3 Oh and Eid Mubarak to whomever celebrates it :D Enjoy x