Chapter 15: Love is a Strong Word.

I was at the monthly companies gathering tonight. Visual Clue's invitation as well. It was indoors since there was a chance of rain tonight. Its been almost 2 weeks since Luke left, he didn't answer my calls, he didn't reply to my messages, I was starting to worry about him. I was sitting by the bar, as usual, doing absolutely nothing. Scott would fire hate glares at me and so would his Barbie toy. Jennifer didn't bother apologizing for what she did before, I am not waiting for an apology from her anyways, she is not worth it.

I was getting tired of the crowded place and the noise so I went outside to the backyard, it was raining hard right now, I didn't have a coat on, and my hair and dress got soaked in seconds. I leaned against a horse statue that was placed there and I just listened to the rain fall and I felt it drop on me. It feels good, I haven't felt this relaxed in a while. "Rebecca ?", I heard someone behind me call me, I turn around and I see Luke, "Luke ?", I was wide-eyed, he was quite surprised too, "Where have you been ?", I asked him, I didn't get closer, I stood still by the statue, he didn't move either, "I was in Miami for a bit, I needed to see my family and clear my head a little.", he said, "For 2 weeks ?", I asked, "Yea, well, it wasn't intended to be 2 weeks but it just did.", he told me, he was soaked in water too, "What are you doing out here ?", he asked, "Getting away from the noise inside. It was irritating me.", I told him, he nodded, "I'm sorry for not answering your calls or texts. I pretty much forgot I had a phone then.", he admitted, "Its okay. You're fine though, right ?", I asked, "Yea, yea I'm fine.", he nodded. We were silent for a few minutes before he got to speak again and break the silence, "Can I tell you something but please try and help me out with it ?", he asked, "Umm, sure.", I told him, "There's this girl I know, and I like her so much, almost to the point that I would do anything for her.", he began, "But I don't know how to get to her. She's hard to get to yet it seems easy, she is hard to understand but yet I understand her like she understands me.", he continued, "I want to tell her how much I love her but she could simply reject me for many reasons.", he said, "What do I do ?", he asked, he seemed desperate in this case, "Well, you can always try and tell her you love her, if she rejects you then she is missing out on allot.", I told him, "Yea but its not that easy with her.", he retorted, "How about you practice it with me ?", I asked, "What ?", he asked, "If you really want to confess your love for her but can't, practice it with another girl and see how she reacts. Make sure it comes out good, not just anything.", I told him, "Umm... Okay.", he said, he got closer, not too close though, just the normal distance, I gazed into his eyes for a minute before his voice broke my thoughts, "I love you.", he said, I went silent for a minute, it came out perfectly from him, "I love you too.", I told him, he went silent, "See, its not that hard.", I told him, "Is she here ?", I asked him, "Yea.", he nodded, "Go get her.", I told him, he stood frozen in his place, he turned his head to me and just looked at me, "I love you Rebecca.", he said, what ? "What ?", I asked in a low voice, almost to the point of gasping, "I love you.", he repeated, "I know you don't date, I know you are not interested in such matters but too bad I love you. I've always loved you Rebs, it was a bad crush since high school and I couldn't get over it. No matter how many girls come up in my life you were always the only one on my mind. I'm not expecting you to say it back, and I'm not expecting you to change your mind about it.", he said, oh my God, "I left because I wanted to clear my head from you but apparently I failed. I didn't expect to come back after 2 weeks and confess my love for you like this because now I would have to let you go in every way there is because I don't want to lose you as my best friend. Because simply, Rebecca, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Friend or not, you just are.", he turned around and he left, "Luke ?", I called, he just rushed inside, I was in shock, I couldn't process anything at this point. Do I ? 'You don't fall in love Rebecca, you can't fall in love.', my conscience reminded me, sometimes I hate it when I talk to myself mentally. I left the garden and I went back to my car and headed home. People tried to talk to me while I was on the way out but I ignored, I just want to go home right now.

_____________________

(Lucas)

"What happened ?", I was sitting with Hayden, Thomas, Matthew, and Jackson in some corner, they are the only people that know about my crush on Rebecca but they didn't tell their wives or girlfriends, "I told her.", I said, "I told her I loved her.", I added, "And ?", Hayden asked, "She didn't reject, I let her go before she does.", I admitted, "Why would you do that ?", asked Matt, "I love her too much to the point that I wouldn't stand a rejection from her.", I told him, "Oh buddy, its okay, there are plenty of girls who can take your mind off of it.", Jackson said, "Yea but I don't want other girls, she was the only one and I let her go.", I said, "What are you going to do now ?", Tom asked, "I'm going home, have fun guys.", I told them and I left.

Well, there goes. After thinking I would come back completely forgotten about Rebecca I just attend the gathering and confess my love for her and let her go all in one day. I was quite mad at myself, and mad at her for the unspoken rejection but I knew it was not a meant-to-be.

Writer's Note: Chapter 15. Aww poor Lukey Pookey, how can that cute piece of human get rejected ? Anyways, enjoy it x