Chapter 1: Its just another Day.

"Good morning Ms. Forde.", my secretary greeted me, "Good morning Kate.", I greeted back, "The new interns will be here soon, do you need anything prepared ?", she asked, "No, thank you Kate, just tell me when they arrive.", I told her, she nodded, "Oh and Ms. Jones and Ms. Miller wanted to have a word with you yesterday night after you left.", she added, "I'll call them right away, thank you Kate.", I entered my office and set my bag aside. It was all white, like marble white. My desk was black though, there was an amazing view of the other towers, I kept a small fish tank next to my desk, there was a long, black meeting table in the left far end of the room and a sitting area in the far right. "Ms. Forde, Layla is here.", Kate entered, Layla is one of patients, I'm a psychiatrist. But I don't just deal with mental illness, I can be a counselor at times if needed, "Bring her in.", I told her, and the little blonde girl stepped in, "Hello Layla.", I greeted with a smile, "Hi doctor Forde.", she greeted, "How are you today ?", I grabbed her small hand to the sitting area, "I'm good.", she said, her blonde hair was French-braided perfectly, she wore a summer floral dress and yellow flats, "Do you still talk to your mother ?", I asked her, her mother died last year and her father brought her to us to help treat her. She was going to be taken somewhere else but after reading an overview about their treatment in other places he rejected. "Yea, she's doing great, she's not here right now though, she said she has some things to do.", she said, "Well, did you try doing what I told you to do before ?", I asked her, I told her to try and pack away her mother's belongings that she kept, usually keeping something belonging to a lost loved one can sometimes slow the process of moving on in life, and I couldn't tell her to burn them or throw them away, and she's only 10 years old, she can't live her whole life talking to a ghost, "Yea, I did.", she nodded, "And ?", I asked, "She is starting to go away.", her eyes were filled with sadness and disappointment, "What do you mean Layla ?", I asked, "She doesn't visit like before, some nights she wouldn't come to my room and read me to sleep. She doesn't have lunch with me at school anymore too.", she explained, "Oh. Well, maybe she's busy Layla. I'm sure she's fine.", I patted her shoulders, "Okay.", she nodded, "Now off you go, I'll see you on Tuesday.", I smiled, she hugged me and she left. Poor girl.

I had a few more patients after that and then it was lunch time. I spend it in my office sometimes and other times I would take a walk to Starbucks to grab an orange juice and a sandwich and get back here. "Rebeccaaa.", the brunette known as Andrea stepped in, she is one of the Big 5 here. Its not only my company here, there are 4 more companies running by Andrea Miller, Jennifer Jones, Kelsey Bill, and Riley Anderson. Kelsey and Riley are married but with stuff regarding their company they use their other last names not the husbands'. "Hey Andrea.", I greeted, "Wassup Becs ?!", Jennifer stepped in behind her, we may be adults but we act like 16. "Hey Jennifer.", I greeted with a smile, "How are you ?", asked Andrea, "I'm good, what about you girls ?", I was feeding my fish and talking to them, "We're good.", they both said, Andrea Miller is a CEO of a law company, she just likes investigations and questions and such things. Jennifer Jones does real-estate, the best in New York. Riley Anderson is asked to make choreography for various dancing movies, she took park in the Step Up franchise choreography. As for Kelsey Bill, she is a well-known fashion designer, her clothing line is requested worldwide, most of my clothes are from her. "The Big 5 interns are waiting by the fountain, are you coming ?", asked Jennifer, "I'll be down in a minute.", I told them and they left before me.

Since Andrea is the eldest one of us, she does all the announcements and everything. She doesn't plan anything related to our companies though, just the internships announcement and anything regarding volunteers or such things, you get my point. The interns were touring around my company-clinic for a bit before I tell Kate to hand their assignments. I have 20 interns but only 10 out of those are chosen to work here.

I leave my work last of the others. They close at 8 while I stay until 12 midnight because its a medical institution. However, there is a minority of doctors who get a nigh shift.

_________________

Well this was just another one boring day. But I was growing sick of those plain days. I want something to enter my life any time soon and make a turn for me at some point but who am I kidding ? An anti-social psychiatrist-psychologist won't get anywhere when she has to deal with other people's problems. I don't hate my job though, on the contrary, I love helping people but I just want one little turn to possibly make my life better.

Writer's Note: Chapter 1. What do you guys think ? Oh well, enjoy it x