Chapter 26: Welcome to the World.

Do not get me started on the fact that I am still sick as I was yesterday, I still feel dizzy and I sleep more than half the population in New York combined, but despite that, I pulled out enough energy to go back to the hospital and visit Kelsey. Luke got a text from Thomas saying she delivered their son and that they are both alright. "Rebs I think you should wait until tonight or tomorrow to visit them.", Luke said, "Its a one hour visit only Luke, I'll be fine.", I assured him, "But-", I interrupted him with an insisting glare, he sighed, "Fine.", he said, I smiled, "Lets go.", I told him and he drove us to the hospital.

_____________________

We got to the room and Kelsey was dead asleep, I never knew her pregnancy would turn her from a very light sleeper to one who won't even feel the door crack open, "Hey.", I greeted quietly, Thomas was sitting on a chair next to Kelsey's bed and holding their son, "Hey.", he smiled, "Meet Jayden.", he got up slowly with Jayden in his arms, "Aww.", I awed and rubbed his blanket gently, "Hey there little guy.", Luke greeted him, "How is Kelsey ?", I asked, "She went to sleep about an hour ago, don't expect her to wake up any time now.", Thomas told us, "You want to hold him ?", Thomas offered, "Uhh, sure.", I said, slowly Thomas handed me Jayden and I held him carefully, "Look how small he is.", I was amazed, Jayden's little hand was kind of exposed so I took the opportunity to do what every person likes to do with a baby, I put my index finger between his hand and God was it so amazing, I like that feeling when a baby wraps his or her whole hand around your finger, its kind of cute.

_____________________

(Lucas)

Right now, right this second, I was imaging Rebecca doing the same thing with our baby, if there was a chance in the first place, she looked so adorable holding Jayden, I just stood there grinning like an idiot, "Give it a try Lucas.", Thomas said, "I don't think its a good idea, I'm not a good holder of infants.", I told him, and I sure as hell wasn't, last time I held my nephew I almost dropped him and we don't want that with Jayden, "Come on, its only for a minute.", Rebecca insisted, "Here you go.", she handed me Jayden carefully and I just held him. I smiled lightly at him, "He's so tiny.", I told them, they just smiled awkwardly at me, I looked back at Jayden and his little eyes fluttered open, "Not the person you expected to see, huh Jayden ?", I joked, I gave him back to Thomas and he placed him in his crib again, "Those are from me and Luke.", Rebecca handed Thomas the small blue bag, we got him baby blue colored socks, "Thanks guys.", he took the bag and he placed it on a table next to Kelsey.

_____________________

Rebecca was in the bathroom and I just sat in the room with Thomas, "How is it going with you two ?", he asked, "Its weird, and okay, I guess.", I told him, "Just wait on her Lucas, she'll come around.", he told me, and I am willing to wait for as much time for her, I just went silent, "You really love her don't you ?", he asked, I pursed my lips together and I sighed, "Yea.", I nodded, "Be patient with her, they all come around eventually.", he patted my shoulder, "How does it feel ?", I asked, "What does ?", he asked, "When Jessica was born.", I explained, "Oh.", he pursed his lips together, "It felt...", he was clearly speechless, "It felt scary.", he said, "I watched Kelsey scream in pain and squeeze my hand and curse and the doctor would inform us if there is any progress and every time the doctor said 'She is almost here' my heart would just drop.", he continued, "Then when she was born, when I held her for the first time, it felt good, I was happy.", he finished, "It scared me so much. The new responsibility, the new voice that will be cheerfully screaming around the house. Jessica just made my whole existence, so did Jarred, and now Jayden.", he admitted, I just smiled at the description.

_____________________

We left the hospital and brought some groceries for another cooking session. We were in the kitchen right now, setting things up first, "Speaking of, show me the removed stitches.", she said, we did this thing where every few days we would check on my wound, she would sterilize it for me, and I didn't show her yet because she was fainting allot yesterday. I lifted up the side of my shirt and she traced her cold fingers on the cut. It was spread entirely across my right waist, "Are you feeling better ?", she asked, "I am now.", I winked at her, she blushed and I pulled her in for a hug.

Writer's Note: Chapter 26. Sorry this chapter is short guys /: I am dead sleepy and unmotivated right now. Anyways, enjoy x