Chapter 5: Not an Ordinary Day.

I know its weekend, but I had to arrange some things around my office and sign tons of papers today, why did I become a CEO again ? Anyways, I open the door to my office and I find Kelsey and Thomas sitting on the leather chairs in front of my desk, "Hey Rebecca.", they both greeted in a creepy tone, "Good morning guys, what's wrong ?", I asked, "Sit down.", Kelsey told me, I set my things aside and I went to my desk, "What is it ?", I asked, "I came back late yesterday and she thought I was hanging out with girls from a friend's snapchat story.", Thomas, or Tom, said, "And what's wrong with that ?", I asked, "She thinks I'm losing interest and now she is mad.", he added, "Umm, guys I would love to help but I am a psychiatrist, not a counselor.", I reminded them, "We know, which is why you out of all people can help us.", he said, "Umm, okay. Kelsey,", I called her, she was looking away then she fired her gaze at me, "Are you still mad ?", I asked, "Yes.", she nodded, "Well, you guys have been married for quite some time now there's supposed to be trust and understanding, I don't see that in your marriage.", I told them, "That's the whole point, I am trusting him, I am not tying him down like most couples and he goes out with other girls and he doesn't tell me. I thought he was at work!", she snapped, "Tom ?", I looked at him, "Okay, fine, I did, but I only did that because she would be mad and obsessive about me getting home early, do you know how much I miss out from my after-work night-events ?", he proclaimed, "Well, Kelsey you're my best friend and Tom you are a good friend so I am not going to do like most 'relationship experts' and tell you to work things out and they will heal overtime, no.", I began, "You two are going to apologize to each other right here, right now, because you two are not supposed to fight, not this couple at least.", I rest back on my chair, they looked at each other and went silent, "Come on Tomsey, get it done.", I told them. Kelsey was silent, I looked at Tom and I told him to make a move or something, he got up and went down next to his wife, "Kelsey ?", he placed a hand over her shoulder, "Kels, I'm sorry alright ? I promise I'll tell you where I go before I even leave the house in the morning okay ? But please Kels.", he told her, "You're forgiven.", she said, "That's my gorgeous wife.", he grabbed her face and kissed her then he grabbed her by the hand and they ran out of my office, "Thank you Rebecca!", he yelled and he left and I smiled as they did.

_____________________

"Ms. Forde ?", Kate entered my office, "Someone by the name Lucas Porter wants to see you.", she said, "Let him in.", I told her. I was still signing papers and arranging some files myself, and I was getting sick of it. "Hey Rebs.", Luke greeted as he entered my office, "Hey.", I greeted, "Nice office.", he complimented, "Thanks.", I told him, "What are you doing ?", he asked, "Signing some papers.", I retorted, "So your secretary left before you do and you're still here doing work ?", he took a seat on the leather chairs in front of my desk, "Well its what I get for procrastinating everyday this week.", I sighed, "When are you going to be done ?", he asked, "In an hour maybe.", I told him, "I'll keep you company.", he rest back on the chair and he stared at me, "You're serious ?", I looked at him, "Yup.", he nodded, I smiled, "What do you do for fun ?", he asked, I scoffed, "Wow, you really missed out on me, Luke.", I smiled, "What do you mean ?", he asked, "If you ask Andrea or the other girls what I do for fun they will tell you its not even in my vocabulary.", I told him, "When was the last time you had actual fun ?", he asked, "Uhh... Quite a long time, I can't remember.", I admitted, "Rebecca Forde, when you finish signing those papers you are going to go to your house, you are going to change into proper clothes, and you will go hiking with me.", he said, "Hiking ?", I asked, "Yes.", he said, "Can't we just go watch a movie or something ?", I asked, "Not when you're in New York we won't. Its hiking whether you like it or not, you can even bring your dog with you.", he said, "You arrange things very quick you know that ?", I smiled, he winked.

_____________________

I was done with work and I headed back to my apartment with Luke to get ready. Turns out he had everything set for this day. I wore blue Nike Pro shorts and a green shirt to match the shorts' edges. I got Blue with me and I met Luke downstairs by his car, "Hello Blue.", he greeted my dog, he barked, Luke bent down and started playing with his face, "Okay stop it now.", I told him, he chuckled, lets go.", he opened the back door for Blue to jump in and I sat in the passenger's seat. "Have you ever gone hiking before ?", he asked, "Uhh...", I don't want to tell him I didn't, "Rebecca ?!", he exclaimed, I shot a nervous look, "Wow you really need to go out more.", he said, I sighed, "Its okay Rebs, I'll give you all the funfication you will ever need during free time.", he smirked, I scoffed.

We arrived at the hiking site. "So, shall we Rebs ?", he asked, "Lets go.", and so we walk. Despite that we have been talking for the past few days since we reunited and it wasn't a small talk for your information. Its just that every time we meet we have something new to talk about it, whether its from high school days or now.

_____________________

"Thanks for the day Luke.", I told him, "It was a pleasure Rebs.", he smiled and pulled me in for a hug, I couldn't resist the hug though. "Good night.", he said and he left to his apartment, "Good night.", I whispered.

Writer's Note: Chapter 5. Rebs up there :3. Enjoy it x