I shook my head. “Next.”

  “Really?” Kass gasped. “I think it’s gorgeous!”

  “Bra?”

  “I have tiny tits, Piper,” Lulu pointed out. “What’s a bra gonna matter?”

  I grinned. “Push up bra? And you don’t have tiny tits!”

  Lulu snorted. “Says the girl with a C cup.”

  I laughed softly as Lulu turned back into the dressing room. She always complained about my impressive breast size.

  Then the question I’d been dreading came from the striking Adrianne. “Who’re you going with, Piper?”

  Three pairs of eyes watched me eagerly.

  “I’m ridin’ solo,” I replied with an easy shrug.

  “Really?” Maddie asked. “Hmm. That’s hard to believe.”

  “Why?”

  “Uh, duh!” Kass laughed. “You’re a beaut!”

  I rolled my eyes, blushing. “Oh, get real.”

  “Take a compliment, girl! You so are!”

  “Plus, I hear tell you’re dating the infamous Kyle,” Maddie said with a wink.

  “Uck. That’s a long story.”

  “She’s dating him to make her ex best friend jealous,” Lulu said casually, striding out in a tight red dress that fell at her ankles.

  Kass’s eyes sparkled with interest. “Really? How fascinating!”

  I rolled my eyes. “Lulu, your mouth!” I muttered.

  Lulu waved me off. “Oh, hush. The subject’s already dissipated. What about this one?”

  This was easier to judge. I shook my head. “Too tight in the wrong places.”

  “I agree,” Adrianne said.

  Lulu huffed, trudging back to the dressing room.

  In the end, Lulu bought this mullet dress, as I dubbed it. It was baby blue and strapless with a swirly design on the bodice. The cutest thing was that it was knee length in the front and floor length in the back. She bought killer silver stilettos to match.

  Kass bought one at the shop in Fayetteville—as we traveled the globe searching these dumb dresses out. I never would have picked it, but she looked gorgeous with it on. It, too, was strapless. It was aquamarine with pink, purple, and green sprouting from one corner at the top and the same style of sash. It was floor length and cut diagonally. She looked like a dangerous mermaid.

  Maddie went for the tropical orange strapless princess dress with a corset back. With her chocolate hair, she looked absolutely radiant—even if the dress was super poofy.

  Adrianne went with a less poffy ruby red dress. The bodice was tight and strapless with silver swirls and the skirt a beautiful bunched up look.

  I couldn’t find a single dress.

  The girls were adamant that I find a dress before the day was over, but it was already quarter ‘till eight.

  “There’s a dress place in town,” Lulu said. “’Your Wedding, Your Way’. They sell prom dresses there, too. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find something.”