See ~K

blind!Luke

I am NOT an eye doctor or any type of doctor(obviously).....so I just researched diseases that cause blindness so if I'm wrong I'm sorry (:

-

Luke clung to Michael's arm as they ventured through the store, searching to add to Luke's wardrobe.

The blonde insisted on wearing the same 5 shirts constantly. He didn't mind that it seemed weird to others since he couldn't see their judgmental stares anyways.

Luke had been diagnosed with Glaucoma when he was 10. His eye sight quickly deteriorated over time, only leaving him to tell the difference between lights and shadows.

Unfortunately, his parents are divorced. His dad completely disappeared, leaving his mom to raise Luke and his brothers. So they never had enough money to receive proper treatment.

Michael has been his best friend since birth. He was the only person that kept Luke sane throughout the process of losing his vision. The older boy had stayed up into late hours of the night, holding Luke as he cried himself to sleep. It was an absolutely terrifying process for both of them to endure.

But Michael never left.

"Oooo I like this one." The black haired boy said, holding up a tank that read 'You Complete Mess.'

Luke just grunted in reply and plopped down on a nearby bench. It's not that he didn't like shopping. In fact, he hated it. He hated feeling so powerless and helpless in a task that relied so heavily on sight.

Luke was at least able to make out the silhouette of Michael as he moved around the racks of clothes. That's what kept him anchored; knowing Michael was always there.

He longed to lose himself in his best friend's brilliant green eyes, or laugh at the ridiculous faces he used to make to cheer Luke up. He wanted to see the vibrant colors Michael always dyed hair with. Luke dreamed of his smile and the way his nose crinkled up when he giggled.

Luke might be slightly in love with Michael.

But he's never said anything before. Luke managed to convince himself that he would never be good enough for anyone now. He thought he was pathetically dependent and useless to society, so who would love a broken man?

"C'mon, Lukey. We'll pay then leave." Michael smiled, grabbing the younger's hand and hauling him up from the bench. Luke sighed and allowed himself to be dragged through the store. Michael never ran him into anything once.

When the two boys reached the counter, Luke began to pull out his wallet when it was suddenly snatched from his fingers. "Heeeey." He whined, failing hard when he tried to take it back from Michael.

"I'm paying." The punk smirked, placing Luke's wallet in his pocket then pulling out his own.

Luke huffed and readjusted his sunglasses on his face. He waited rather impatiently as Michael talked to the lady cashier. She sounded around their age.

Also, she was so obviously flirting with Michael that Luke had to bite down on his tongue to keep from saying something. It hurt him so much knowing that there were people better than him for Michael. It was painful to know that his best friend would one day fall in love and leave Luke with a broken, lonely heart.

Finally, the cashier decided to shut up and let Michael lead them out the door. A silence settled between the two, Luke was practically fuming.

The punk frowned and hooked the bags of clothes onto one arm, grabbing Luke's hand with the other. He intertwined their fingers, rubbing small circles into the blonde's soft knuckles.